DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Youtube Scared Me

Stealthbomber

Reactions
Uploaded an iMovie to YouTube of my recent trip to Iceland. Took 5 hours to upload the 14 minute 4K video. Some drone shots, some iPhone shots. The video on iMovie looked pretty decent for an amateur like me, having the MA about 3 weeks before the trip! After waiting the 5 hours for the upload, the video was finally posted, I quickly watched it and it looked like crap!! Grainy as could be. Disappointed I googled what the problem could be- found out it takes about 10-60 minutes for Youtube to do it’s final rendering. After that time had passed it now looks good again. Happy with the final outcome!

Nice going, the opening scene was very nice.
Yes probably best to split up such footage into 5 minute vids.
Keep speed under control when yawing (rolling) and gimbal up / down, a bit fast at 4:55 - 5.05, and 5:05 - 5:15.
Most of your movements were slower through the video.
Beautiful landscapes.

A bit long, but well done!

I loved the shadow play from the clouds and the waterfalls.
I agree the vid is long, but I use YouTube as safe and free storage. I’m not really in it for the views (but the views and comments are a bonus). I know I can keep the videos private on YouTube but most vids I post public. The storage in my 32gb iPad along with my 64gb iPhone is completely used up. It was frustrating to get iMovie to cooperate and get the video uploaded, it kept saying it’s storage was full. After several days of staring and swearing at my iPhone I finally got it to upload!!!
Once uploaded to YouTube I usually delete from my photos to get some storage back. The vid quality of 4K is great but we pay the price trying to store the footage.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Uploaded an iMovie to YouTube of my recent trip to Iceland. Took 5 hours to upload the 14 minute 4K video. Some drone shots, some iPhone shots. The video on iMovie looked pretty decent for an amateur like me, having the MA about 3 weeks before the trip! After waiting the 5 hours for the upload, the video was finally posted, I quickly watched it and it looked like crap!! Grainy as could be. Disappointed I googled what the problem could be- found out it takes about 10-60 minutes for Youtube to do it’s final rendering. After that time had passed it now looks good again. Happy with the final outcome!
Firstly, regarding YouTube, I also found that the first render was blurred and of poor quality. After a while it seems to re-render properly. I subscribe at some additional cost to Vimeo, which is better quality for me. As far as your Iceland video, it is beautiful but unfortunately, the clips are all a bit too long, and dwell a bit too long, thus causing me to lose interest and skip forward. Music is nice. The pans or yaws were also a bit too fast for my eyes- causing a dizziness effect. My wife and I did the circle tour in May with Iceland Photo Tours and a private photo guide. I have already posted it to this forum on several occasions but for your interest, here is the link again. Mine too is a bit long!

Firstly, regarding YouTube, I also found that the first render was blurred and of poor quality. After a while it seems to re-render properly. I subscribe at some additional cost to Vimeo, which is better quality for me. As far as your Iceland video, it is beautiful but unfortunately, the clips are all a bit too long, and dwell a bit too long, thus causing me to lose interest and skip forward. Music is nice. The pans or yaws were also a bit too fast for my eyes- causing a dizziness effect. My wife and I did the circle tour in May with Iceland Photo Tours and a private photo guide. I have already posted it to this forum on several occasions but for your interest, here is the link again. Mine too is a bit long!

You= Excellently done professional video on a professional photography tour

Me= Half decent amateur vid by an amateur usually asking “honey do you think I have time to get the drone out” her- “hurry up, you’ve got 3 minutes im freezing“. ?

All good.
You must also view on a 4K TV for best results.
A 4K at 1080p will also show graininess.
But most excellent coverage.

You= Excellently done professional video on a professional photography tour

Me= Half decent amateur vid by an amateur usually asking “honey do you think I have time to get the drone out” her- “hurry up, you’ve got 3 minutes im freezing“. ?
Thank you so much but I am far from professional. I am retired ophthalmologist and photo hobbyist, and professional old fart, 81 years old but spry.

Sort of true with both the wives! I have trained my wife to be more tolerable of my drone. My typical drone shot usually involves a 20 minute stop on the road to prepare, Get GPS and satellites, (the GPS dance} adjust settings and do a very cautious flight leaving me with at least 5 minutes to return to home. You are absolutely right- I signed up for the workshop rather than the tour. The guide explained the big difference between a tour and a workshop.. In a photo tour, the guide saves you the trouble of scouting locations, sits in the car and waits for you to do your shot. In a workshop (which I attended) the guide actively walks with you, helps you set up, frame, and execute the shots, Well worth the money for me. He also gave me tremendous hunts at composition, exposures, getting crashing waves and receding waters by using 1-2 second shutter speeds as the water receded from the shore. A lot of drone shots were my own initiative however. The biggest bonus of the trip was that only one other photographer signed up for the 8 person tour and they ran it anyway so it was almost like a one-on-one tutoring session.

Here’s the final result. Comments are welcome.
Amazing shots , you made Our planet look like it use to be befor we did our damage ..great job buddy...You also made me want to use my mav Air more. I love the drone just not the sound ..wish it was quieter.. Beautiful work. Thank you..Harry c..aka
( nightcrawler666 )

Reactions: Stealthbomber
The storage in my 32gb iPad along with my 64gb iPhone is completely used up.

Get one of these . . .

and download the app on your phone, brilliant piece of storage for Apple devices and easy to transfer files to / from a computer.
I keep a file for unedited and edited video, as well as photos from iPhone, iPad mini4, and other downloads I like to have handy.

Absolutely fabulous - love it..

Here’s the final result. Comments are welcome.
A great start! Nice weather for flying. When I was there I didn’t have my drone and was doing a landscape photography course and it was in February! WS never so cold in my life! Thanks for your video. It makes me want to go back. Keep up your great work.

Get one of these . . .

and download the app on your phone, brilliant piece of storage for Apple devices and easy to transfer files to / from a computer.
I keep a file for unedited and edited video, as well as photos from iPhone, iPad mini4, and other downloads I like to have handy.
I read some of the Amazon reviews on iexpand Scan disk flash drive- all very negative. Decided against it.

Videos posted on YouTube are compressed and shown at 360p but can be viewed at 720p

Videos posted on YouTube are compressed and shown at 360p but can be viewed at 720p
Please send us the You Tube link to your Iceland video. I'd love to see it and where you went and your stuff!

Last edited:
Please send us the You Tube link to your Iceland video. I'd love to see it and where you went and your stuff!
Watched the YouTube video here on this thread with both iPad mini4 and iPhone 7. Video is viewed at 360p automatically.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead