DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

YouTube Upload Problem?

Also a Mavic Pro cannot record 4K@60 fps, so I am leaning towards - you bumped the fps to 60 and the camera dropped the resolution down to standard HD (1080)

Video Resolutions:

DCI 4K (4096 x 2160): 24p
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160): 24/25/30p
2.7K (2704 x 1520): 24/25/30p
FHD (1920 x 1080): 24/25/30/48/50/60/96p
HD (1280 x 720): 24/25/30/48/50/60/120/180p

Great idea but out of space on them. Too cheap to spend $20 a month for more. Ha.... Do you know of another place to test HD?

Also a Mavic Pro cannot record 4K@60 fps, so I am leaning towards - you bumped the fps to 60 and the camera dropped the resolution down to standard HD (1080)

Video Resolutions:

DCI 4K (4096 x 2160): 24p
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160): 24/25/30p
2.7K (2704 x 1520): 24/25/30p
FHD (1920 x 1080): 24/25/30/48/50/60/96p
HD (1280 x 720): 24/25/30/48/50/60/120/180p
Would need to get my drone to see what frame rate is selected. I do know that I did not change any settings when recording all my videos and all the others rendered in 4k. This is the only one that rendered in 1080p.

Great idea but out of space on them. Too cheap to spend $20 a month for more. Ha.... Do you know of another place to test HD?
Do you know how to 'Right Click' a file and look at properties?

Right click the video and a dialogue box will pop up, click the "Details" tab and you'll see the resolution and fps.

FileSizeProps.jpg

Would need to get my drone to see what frame rate is selected. I do know that I did not change any settings when recording all my videos and all the others rendered in 4k. This is the only one that rendered in 1080p.

Actually just do as I posted above and you'll see what res the video was filmed in. I do a lot of camera work and as a rule of thumb - Never trust a camera's settings - always check it before you have to hit that shutter button because you may only get one shot at it.

As I mentioned on the previous page, if you somehow tapped the fps up to 60, the camera would automatically have defaulted down to 1080.

Good info....actually when I right click on the video it does not show 'details'. It shows "Stats for Nerds". That allows me to see details.
Don't know how it changed since I all I did was boot up and start video. Obviously something changed before and after this video was taken. Thanks for the help!!

Good info....actually when I right click on the video it does not show 'details'. It shows "Stats for Nerds". That allows me to see details.
Don't know how it changed since I all I did was boot up and start video. Obviously something changed before and after this video was taken. Thanks for the help!!

Okay, lets take it one step at a time. ;)

On your computer - Right Click the Video File to see the actual stats of the unedited and un-uploaded video as I mentioned above in post #24

If you Right Click on a Youtube viewport that has your uploaded video - then you will see "Stats For Nerds" as I displayed on page one.

You want to Right-Click on the actual video file on your computer and then select the "Details" tab as shown above.

Resolution: 3840 × 2160
Frame rate: 29.97

All the videos I took have the same settings. This is the only one that only rendered in 1080p on YT. The remaining are all 4k.
So could be a YT problem and not the drone.?

When uploading, where does YouTube use the word "rendered"?

I understand the stats. I did not change settings. I did not edit the video. I made no changes anywhere before or after I took video each time. I know how to change settings. That is why I posted this. Why did it change without my input? That is why I suggested it was a YT problem since it clearly shows it was recorded in 4k. It shows it rendered in 1080p, and may take more than almost 3 days now to upgrade to 4k. Will check later to see if that is the case. Thanks for your input!

Resolution: 3840 × 2160
Frame rate: 29.97

All the videos I took have the same settings. This is the only one that only rendered in 1080p on YT. The remaining are all 4k.
So could be a YT problem and not the drone.?
If thats true (and I have no reason to doubt you), then this would be a first in my 15 years of experience with Youtube.

And by first, I mean a video recorded at 29.97 fps is changed by Youtube - somehow adding in a 100% increase in frames to get a 60 fps video - while at the same time reducing resolution by 75%.

I'm stumped.

Even if you don't normally do this, process your video thru your favorite editor (even with no edits to make), get the output that you are sure of, then post it to YT.

I recorded several videos with my Mavic Pro and uploaded to YouTube. All were recorded in 4k. I have one video that after HD appeared letting me know it is now complete, only shows 1080p, not 4k. It was my first of the videos that day. I did not change settings, and all the others rendered in 4k. I deleted it and uploaded again with the same results. First time with this problem. Is this something anyone else has encountered?
I've read all of the replies to your post and all have valid questions/answers/possibilities... I'd like to
share what's happened to me more than once.
Flying Mavic 3 Classic, DJI RC controller I ALWAYS shoot in 4k 30fps (file size is 3840 x 2160)
On more than one occasion my video came out HD (1920 x 1080)
I CHANGED NOTHING!! Why did it do that? It happened more than once!!
Upon checking my setting on the controller, I see it's back at HD....not 4k 30.
Once again, I DID NOT CHANGE IT.
I have now made it a habit to check the settings before I record, and have seen it has changed itself back to HD.
I cannot trust my controller to save the settings.
Note: It doesn't change back EVERY time.... maybe 1 out of 10 flights it's NOT where I left it at 4k ~ 30.
When I download my SD card to my desktop I always 'right click' / properties / details to see my file size.
Just for giggles, you might check the file size of the video in question BEFORE you uploaded to youtube.
Maybe youtube isn't the culprit .... you (also) may have a gremlin in your controller.
P.S. I will follow your thread / post to learn what might be the problem.
Thanks for posting.

Reactions: Jam0ne
Good practice to “always” check settings before hitting record button because just like the poster above, settings do seem to mysteriously change on both my M2P and Mimi 3 pro

I recorded several videos with my Mavic Pro and uploaded to YouTube. All were recorded in 4k. I have one video that after HD appeared letting me know it is now complete, only shows 1080p, not 4k. It was my first of the videos that day. I did not change settings, and all the others rendered in 4k. I deleted it and uploaded again with the same results. First time with this problem. Is this something anyone else has encountered?
I stopped using You Tube several years ago. They monetize my creative efforts and keep the money. I cannot afford to buy music rights and not want to subscribe to music services. They do not publish my 4K stuff as 4K. I don't want ads in my videos. I just pay Vimeo and I have exactly what I submitted and all of my videos on one site.

Dale
Miami

I stopped using You Tube several years ago. They monetize my creative efforts and keep the money. I cannot afford to buy music rights and not want to subscribe to music services. They do not publish my 4K stuff as 4K. I don't want ads in my videos. I just pay Vimeo and I have exactly what I submitted and all of my videos on one site.

Dale
Miami
I'm a VIMEO fan as well.

hi mate i just found this after digging around in the help section of YT I've never seen this before but apparently it's better to set it to UNLISTED while uploading it, hope it helps im gonna try it because I'm having the same problem.

New video can't be played in higher qualities (4K, 1080p)​

When you upload a video, it will initially be processed in a low quality. This process helps you complete the upload flow faster. Higher qualities, such as 4K or 1080p, can take more time to process. While this processing happens, your video may seem to be missing higher qualities for several hours.
If you'd like new uploads to be available in all qualities, try uploading your video as unlisted first. You can later make your video public once all qualities are available. Learn more about video quality for new uploads.
Note: Higher qualities like 4K may not be available on specific devices or browsers because of platform limitations.

LINK TO FULL PAGE ON YT HELP

I know...it's weird since I only video in 4k. Since YouTube did not render to 4k I checked my settings and they were 4k. For some reason it appears to have gone from 4k to 1080p , then back to 4k. Don't know how that's possible. No one else is involved. No editing program. Straight from the card. I have taken many videos before and since and they are all 4k. Anyone else have this happen??
Gremlins hard at work!

This does not happen to me with Vimeo- even the free version. I no longer post to You Tube because I sometimes use music that they say is illegal and I believe they track me more for targeted ads.
Dale, try Capcut for video editing. Simple and they have free music too. I just started editing and don't do a lot in editing. Just cut and add music. Sure beats humming along with my videos!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Distantdoc