DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

YouTube Upload Problem?

I know...it's weird since I only video in 4k. Since YouTube did not render to 4k I checked my settings and they were 4k. For some reason it appears to have gone from 4k to 1080p , then back to 4k. Don't know how that's possible. No one else is involved. No editing program. Straight from the card. I have taken many videos before and since and they are all 4k. Anyone else have this happen??
Gremlins hard at work!
I've had uploaded videos stay at 1080P for two to three days then show up as 4K. That's seems more of a thing of the past in my case, these days YT seems to get them up at their uploaded resolution pretty quick, 2~3 hrs in a 10min video in 4K/60FPS.

I know it is 1080p. I checked and it shows 1080p. Keep waiting for it to go to 4k, but it said it was now in HD, not SD. In the past that always meant it was now 4k.
It was definitely in 1080p when playing back. All videos before and after are 4k without making changes. Have several videos after this one and all in 4k. A real head scratcher.
My only answer to this is that the Gremlins are hard at work!!

Keep waiting for it to go to 4k, but it said it was now in HD, not SD. In the past that always meant it was now 4k.
It was definitely in 1080p when playing back.
I think it is safe to say, at this point, the video in question - is fully rendered. ;) and it is 1080 - 60 fps

"I wait until I see the HD appear in bold blue" "In the past it has always rendered to 4k when the HD symbol goes from a light shade of blue to dark blue.

On Youtube, in the past and still today, the "HD" logo (red - not blue), is on resolutions from1080 up to 1440.
2160 - 4k video gets a logo listed as "4K" as shown in the example below.

I see you're still looking at only the resolution of the uploaded video as being something you can't explain, but the second component that practically rules out the possibility that this is a YT problem, is the fact that the video in question was shot (and uploaded to YT), at 60 FPS - and a Mavic Pro can NOT shoot 4K video at 60 FPS. And Youtube did not somehow double the frame rate of your uploaded video - that sould be impossible.

Are you 100% sure the source file is 4K at 30fps? Could you upload it to Google or Dropbox?

4K.jpg

Both programs are maxed out, so can't upload.
I understand what you are saying. I'm just saying I never shoot in 1080p and 4k is my setting. Can't explain why it was in 1080p. I'm not not concerned now since it only happened once.
Thanks for the input and checking!

Reactions: Ty Pilot
It's also rendered by YT with the AVC1 codec, All the 4K videos end up using VP09 codec. (Right click/Stats for nerds)

If you really want to know the answer, upload it again, don't make if public and see if it stops at 1080P, if so the prob is the uploaded video.