DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

YouTube Upload Problem?

GregS

Reactions
I recorded several videos with my Mavic Pro and uploaded to YouTube. All were recorded in 4k. I have one video that after HD appeared letting me know it is now complete, only shows 1080p, not 4k. It was my first of the videos that day. I did not change settings, and all the others rendered in 4k. I deleted it and uploaded again with the same results. First time with this problem. Is this something anyone else has encountered?

YouTube gives 4K low priority for processing time. Does it show that it uploaded 4k and just didn't process 4K yet?
What was the file size? On your computer does file details show that it is 4K?

Thought maybe that was the problem, so the second time I waited a very long time to make sure it rendered to 4k. It did not. The video is shorter than two of the others. Maybe 30 seconds in length.

Thought maybe that was the problem, so the second time I waited a very long time to make sure it rendered to 4k. It did not. The video is shorter than two of the others. Maybe 30 seconds in length.
How do you know it is a 4K video?

Maybe I am missing something, but I wait until I see the HD appear in bold blue. In the past that always meant it is now rendered to the highest resolution. But this time I went well beyond that.

How many hours did wait for processing HD? Does it show that HD is loaded, but no processed?

I have posted many 4k videos on YouTube and it never takes more than 20 min to appear in 4k. In the past it has always rendered to 4k when the HD symbol goes from a light shade of blue to dark blue.

Ooops. That was the one I deleted and reposted another. Wait one.

My setting is 4k and the ones recorded after this one are all in 4k

I think you may have accidentally changed the setting or it went back to its default ,
What program are you using to edit. ?

Dont see how I could have changed the settings when nothing was done after taking this video

Did you verify that the video file on the SD card is actually 4K?
How does the file size compare to other video files?
Does YouTube show that you uploaded a 4K file, just not yet processed?

I've got about 450 videos on YT 1080 and 4K. The time it takes to 4K processing is dependent on the number of 4K vids ahead of you. It's taken anywhere from 10min to 3 days before but in the last year the 4K videos have been resolving quickly. I would right click on the local copy of the uploaded video (properties/Details) and check that's actually 4K. I've made the mistake of tweaking a setting and inadvertently changing the compile resolution w/o realizing it.

It has been 2 days on YT and after about 20 min I checked and it said HD had been rendered.

Best thing to do now is simply Post your 4K video on google or Dropbox and lets see how it renders out .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

The video you uploaded to Youtube was a 1080 60fps video. You either changed the record setting in the drone, or took it through an editor and rendered at that size before upload. Below is the stats of the video on Youtube. Note the two sections I pointed to: Viewport and Current/Optimal - they are both 1080 resolution

Upload Size.jpg

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_