DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

YouTuber Droner NeverMindYourOwn fined in 600 Euro for flying a drone in Spain!!

roflyer

Reactions

He was flying his quad in a National Park in Spain and a ranger asked him to land it beacause it was a no fly zone. A Spanish TV station published his YouTube video in the news exagerating the facts and it all took huge proportions. The Spanish authorities tracked him and sent him a fine of 600 Euro!!!

Watch the video

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Spock
Glad I'm not going to Spain... or Canada, or a lot of other places for that matter. The crackdown seems to be growing exponentially at this point. Even here in the US, the list of off limits places gets bigger by the minute.

Reactions: Kestrel and Rbruz
The guy is a moron, and all he ever seems to do is break the law and complain about the rules. He seems to have very little knowledge or education about flying, but an opinion about everything - a typical loudmouth.

Hopefully he will be fined and prosecuted further in future for many of the other stupid things he's done here with drones, including flying around a busy square with a historic cathedral, posting videos of 5km+ "distance record" attempts and more I can't think of right now.

If you're not going to respect the rules in someone else's country, keep the hell away, and I say that as an immigrant in Spain.

In the past two weeks he went to Azores, Portugal , and he didn't break the law. He until now was one of the few people who could get authorization to fly in a National Park. Some laws in some countries are pretty excessive.

Last edited:
Personally I like the guy,there is just something about his videos but I do think one of these days he is going to lose his drone.
I think he was quite polite to the ranger and landed his drone,in the video they showed on television it looks like he took off again but I think it was edited to look that way.

Personally I like the guy,there is just something about his videos but I do think one of these days he is going to lose his drone.
I think he was quite polite to the ranger and landed his drone,in the video they showed on television it looks like he took off again but I think it was edited to look that way.
I watched the original video and he lands the drone immediately when prompted by the ranger, and did not fly again. He makes cool videos, some of them risky, but very instructional, and we can have an idea about our drones capabilities. #droneparanoia sucks

I watched the original video and he lands the drone immediately when prompted by the ranger, and did not fly again. He makes cool videos, some of them risky, but very instructional, and we can have an idea about our drones capabilities. #droneparanoia sucks

Yes I didn't see him take off again on the original, I've been following him a while now. Like someone else said he his been picked on

I understand some of you may not have seen his other videos and may think he's been treated unfairly.

If the video he'd posted flying at El Teide was all, I'd probably be more sympathetic - flying there isn't in itself a safety issue, however in his case it is symptomatic of an arrogant, know-it-all attitude that's completely incompatible with flying.

I'll just post this as a single example of the kind of deliberate illegal idiocy he gets up to:

If you care about safety at all, you ought to be delighted to see this loudmouth prosecuted.

Hopefully now AESA will further investigate the Candelaria video above and all the other evidence he's published of him flying dangerously and illegally in Spain.

Reactions: Aronda
Is there an app that will tell you if you're in an area (globally) that has rules against flying?
Not an app. droneregulations.info seems to be building a global database of the basic law in different places but I find it quite poorly formatted, however at least it's a central repository for information and should continue to improve.

For restricted areas you need to look at each countries AIP, assuming you can't find a specific site with a map for that country.

However given the wide spread of forum members one of the best ways to find out about local resources seems to be just to ask somewhere like this forum.

I understand some of you may not have seen his other videos and may think he's been treated unfairly.

If the video he'd posted flying at El Teide was all, I'd probably be more sympathetic - flying there isn't in itself a safety issue, however in his case it is symptomatic of an arrogant, know-it-all attitude that's completely incompatible with flying.

I'll just post this as a single example of the kind of deliberate illegal idiocy he gets up to:

If you care about safety at all, you ought to be delighted to see this loudmouth prosecuted.

Hopefully now AESA will further investigate the Candelaria video above and all the other evidence he's published of him flying dangerously and illegally in Spain.
Looks like we don't need much to fly illegaly in Spain, in Canada, in Portugal, in Europe, in my backyard... I did not see him flying dangerously... Arrogant or not, he's making his point against #droneparanoia, if you pay attention to how many, views, likes and subscribers to his channel....

Reactions: remet and Mr Spock
Looks like we don't need much to fly illegaly in Spain, in Canada, in Portugal, in Europe, in my backyard... I did not see him flying dangerously... Arrogant or not, he's making his point against #droneparanoia, if you pay attention to how many, views, likes and subscribers to his channel....
If you don't think this is dangerous, I have no idea what to say to talk any sense into you.

I guess a lot of people have little appreciation for the risks involved in aviation, nor for what level of confidence should be able to be placed in an aircraft before flying it over built up areas.

It's extremely unhelpful to conflate drone paranoia with safe flying.

If you go to a country break a law and then send you a letter trying to make you pay a fine, you can pretty much throw it in the trash. If you are in the U.S anyway, You wont get extradited over a fine.

Casey Neistat does far worse but I don't see many people moaning about him! Although I like both Casey and Peter, but it's a fair point don't you think!
It's a fair point. I haven't watched Casey's videos but if he also flies cheap, uncertified consumer electronics over built up areas then he's also an idiot.

Plenty of people here who have bitched at length about Casey

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS