Join Us Now

Zambia and Madagascar video 2019

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
Zambia-Madagascar-2019 Video. or

by Dale Davis

NOTE: No drone video in the Zambia portion (first 7 1/2 minutes) because they would not allow me to fly at the lodge or on safari. The drone videos are incorporated in the 2nd, or Madagascar portion. This is a multi-media presentgatiopn and rusn24 minutes so wait until you have time to sit back with a favorite drink and enjoy it.

This is a video of our travels in September, 2019 to Zambia's. South Luangwa National Park for a photographic safari with the famous professional wildlife photographer, Peter Geraedts for 6 days, and then travel to the country of Madagascar for a 12 day circle tour of three top areas to see lemurs, chameleons, and amazing flora in the difficult to travel country of Madagascar. Infrastructure is poor, with deeply potholed roads, sub-standard lodging, hot temperatures with no AC, and minimal electricity. A multi-media approach includes still photography with a Nikon DSLR, and videos from timelapse photography, drone photography with the Mavic Air drone, the Osmo Action video camera (like a Go Pro), and iPhone video. The Zambia portion runs 7 1/2 minutes from 0:00:00 to 00:07:28. The Madagascar portion runs from 00:07:28 to 00:23:53:12, or 16:25 minutes. No drones were allowed in Zambia, but there are drone segments in the Madagascar video. Editing took 4 weeks of 12 hour days. Although thousands of images were taken, I Photoshopped the betters slides to 573 images from which I selected those used in this show. I selected from over 183 videos including drone videos, timelapse, Osmo Action video, and even iPhone X xs Max videos. Music was sourced from my subscription to Musicbed.com. All comments are welcomed.

Quite long. Recommend segmenting it.
Yes Tom, you are right. I thought long and hard about that- e.g.: making two separate videos- one of Zambia and one of Madagascar. You can open the film and fast forward to the beginning of the 2nd (Madagascar) segment. The first segment was on Zambia, and no drones were allowed by the guide or the lodge either in or out of the national park. The 2nd segment on Madagascar is about 16 min. It contains drone clips as well as timelapse, still images, etc. As I said, it is meant to be viewed when the viewer has the time and inclination to watch.

Yes Tom, you are right. I thought long and hard about that- e.g.: making two separate videos- one of Zambia and one of Madagascar. You can open the film and fast forward to the beginning of the 2nd (Madagascar) segment. The first segment was on Zambia, and no drones were allowed by the guide or the lodge either in or out of the national park. The 2nd segment on Madagascar is about 16 min. It contains drone clips as well as timelapse, still images, etc. As I said, it is meant to be viewed when the viewer has the time and inclination to watch.
Thx

Allo, I watched the second part only . There are a lot of great photos . Must have been a nice trip but demanding I presume.

Terrific!! Very professional - and enjoyable to watch - also learned again how to cut video into small clips as your attention span is only 10-12 sec so using these short clips kept your interest. It's a travel documentary and photography exhibit in one excellent video.

Thanks for posting, I ripped ahead in a few sections but overall great travel log. Those fast sunsets are worth the effort you gave them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu