DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

12 Hours

MrGigglezNJ

Reactions
Hello everyone,

First of all, I'm very glad to have found this group, stockpiled with information, and a true fountain of knowledge by all the experienced flyers I've seen here. I liked it so much that I took the dive and ordered a Mavic Pro Fly Even More combo, and I can't wait for it to be delivered tomorrow (don't have the patience to wait until Platinums are delivered)! I'm excited but also concerned about all the rules I'm finding out about in New Jersey concerning where and when and how to fly here, it's making me realize I can't just fly out of my backyard since I live 3 miles or so from a major international Airport. I'll have to do some searching for best places to fly, where I can practice safely how to control a machine such as the Mavic Pro. All I had prior was a Costco purchased $30 drone which I zipped around the house with occasionally crashing since the controls got stuck every minute or so.

Since I'm new and based on what I've seen here, I've registered with the FAA, I've bought a ton of extra accessories, extra batteries, massive chargers, range extenders, controller phone adapters, extra cables, extra set of propellers including the low noise propellers, 64g Micro SD card, landing pad, etc....

Last but not least I will get an insurance policy with State Farm for the drone at an annual cost of $50 which I'll make sure to get tomorrow when the drone arrives.

I hope to share my experience with all of you, I hope to be able to capture moments with my wife and kids like I never could before, and have fun while I'm at it!

Rich

Reactions: JMF and MChittum
Welcome, Rich,

I see that you have researched which is good. There will be several members that will provide you with more info as to where info can be found, flight tips, etc. I have had my Mavic Pro for about 5 months now and I have enjoyed it immensely. Just got the quiet propellers today and will try them out tomorrow.

Just take is slow and you will be off and running. Don't fly it in your house.

Hope to see some pictures and videos from you soon!

Enjoy and Happy Flying!

Mike

Reactions: MrGigglezNJ
Welcome, Rich,

I see that you have researched which is good. There will be several members that will provide you with more info as to where info can be found, flight tips, etc. I have had my Mavic Pro for about 5 months now and I have enjoyed it immensely. Just got the quiet propellers today and will try them out tomorrow.

Just take is slow and you will be off and running. Don't fly it in your house.

Hope to see some pictures and videos from you soon!

Enjoy and Happy Flying!

Mike

Oh no with the 3 and 5 year old in the house, I wouldn’t even attempt flying them in the house! Not to mention risk of enraging my wife, which would possibly be scarier than me crashing this drone lol

I’ll make sure to stay within the training mode for now, possibly play around with it in the backyard but just stay low.

I was like you. I had one of the 100 dollar drones and flew it for a few weeks. It would just fly away on its own if it got too far away. Got it stuck in a tree twice. Once I got my Mavic, I flew it in "Beginners" mode one time. After that, I flew it in line of sight for several flights. Then I got brave and sent it out a few streets over in the neighborhood and it has worked just fine. Just make sure that you have enough satellites (15 or more) before you take off and that the Mavic registers your "Home Point". You will be amazed when you hit the "Return To Home" button. Make sure you set the return to home altitude higher that anything around you. I have mine set at 239 ft.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Thank you! Pretty soon you guys will be telling me to stop asking questions lol I’m really into this and I want to submerge myself into it even more.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello everyone,

First of all, I'm very glad to have found this group, stockpiled with information, and a true fountain of knowledge by all the experienced flyers I've seen here. I liked it so much that I took the dive and ordered a Mavic Pro Fly Even More combo, and I can't wait for it to be delivered tomorrow (don't have the patience to wait until Platinums are delivered)! I'm excited but also concerned about all the rules I'm finding out about in New Jersey concerning where and when and how to fly here, it's making me realize I can't just fly out of my backyard since I live 3 miles or so from a major international Airport. I'll have to do some searching for best places to fly, where I can practice safely how to control a machine such as the Mavic Pro. All I had prior was a Costco purchased $30 drone which I zipped around the house with occasionally crashing since the controls got stuck every minute or so.

Since I'm new and based on what I've seen here, I've registered with the FAA, I've bought a ton of extra accessories, extra batteries, massive chargers, range extenders, controller phone adapters, extra cables, extra set of propellers including the low noise propellers, 64g Micro SD card, landing pad, etc....

Last but not least I will get an insurance policy with State Farm for the drone at an annual cost of $50 which I'll make sure to get tomorrow when the drone arrives.

I hope to share my experience with all of you, I hope to be able to capture moments with my wife and kids like I never could before, and have fun while I'm at it!

Rich
Newark, Linden, Elizabeth, or Union?

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20170418/Mavic+Pro+User+Manual_V1.6.pdf

Thank you so much, safety is definitely first, and I’ll make sure to contribute back just as much as I take from this forum. I appreciate the link to the manual, I’ll start reading up on it right away

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
Hello everyone,

Rich
Howdy from Wyoming MrGigglezNJ, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin