DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.700 is here "The-f-word" There is new firmware once again!

Well, hopefully my gimball will now stop giving me a tilted horizon after each aircraft jaw...
Yes also i the gimbal function wery well and do not stop at any shoot very smooth

My drone updated in 5 minutes. That's a record. No settings were lost, however, I am noticing a GPS drift. It could be from it being inside but with a GPS Health of 5 and 17 sats, I noticed my drone's position drifting away from the home point, while it was resting on my table.
Also for me all' work good very nice the calibrato of gimbal has changed

Regarding the Gimbal resets - that is a big call on the ribbon cable being most definitely the culprit! I am not convinced at all that is the predominant cause of this reset issue.

WRT to "firmware updates not causing something like this" - here is the change log for firmware 0700!!

Mavic Pro Release Notes

Date : 2017.05.09
Firmware : v01.03.0700
DJI GO 4 App iOS : v4.0.8
DJI GO 4 App Android : v4.0.7

What’s New?

1. Added support for DJI Goggles.

2. Optimized gimbal self checking.

I do not think the firmware itself is necessarily the cause. It may be commands that DJIGO4 is sending to the aircraft firmware overload something, triggering a gimbal reset. One thing is for sure though, is that it is the firmware that controls the gimbal, so it could possibly be implicated somehow.

I operate with android and have found that if I have flight unusual after firmware or OS updates, I can invariably fix them by clean installing DJIGo4. I did this after the 0600 update when I had 2 gimbal resets. That seemingly fixed them.

Now immediately after updating to 0700, I had two further Gimbal resets. Once exactly on 4gb file change over which others have also reported, so unlikely to be ribbon cable related. A second was when toggling from video to camera. This was becoming annoying I clean installed DJIG04 again and since then 3 batteries flown and not a hiccup.

I could well be wrong, but I think an increased in reported gimbal resets coincided with Fixed Wing tweaks to the firmware which occurred with 0600 at the start of April. The 3 threads quoted above all post date this.

I just had this gimbal reset happen to me for the first time ever! I have had my drone for about 2 months, updated a couple times without issue. Except when I updated to 600 I started having issues with the horizon/gimbal tilting on me. So yesterday I updated to 700 hoping this would be fixed. Recalibrated IMU and Compass after update. Flew this morning and after flying for about 5 minutes the gimbal went nuts. It cleared itself up after about 30 sec to a minute. If I didn't have it right in front of me I would have thought it had crashed. Anything I should try next to keep this from hopefully happening again? I ask because I haven't had this issue until just now updating to 700....

Reactions: Bijengum
I just had this gimbal reset happen to me for the first time ever! I have had my drone for about 2 months, updated a couple times without issue. Except when I updated to 600 I started having issues with the horizon/gimbal tilting on me. So yesterday I updated to 700 hoping this would be fixed. Recalibrated IMU and Compass after update. Flew this morning and after flying for about 5 minutes the gimbal went nuts. It cleared itself up after about 30 sec to a minute. If I didn't have it right in front of me I would have thought it had crashed. Anything I should try next to keep this from hopefully happening again? I ask because I haven't had this issue until just now updating to 700....
can u revert to FW .400 and see it goes away?

Reactions: tjbarney
Yeah 0600 was the firmware that introduced fixed wing mode and quite possibly gimbal tweaks. Not sure what the answer is to avoid it occurring. If we knew the cause a fix would be easier to derive.
What operating system and mobile device do you use.
If it happens again, sit on your hands until the gimbal recovers. Then all should work normally again as you already discovered.

Yeah 0600 was the firmware that introduced fixed wing mode and quite possibly gimbal tweaks. Not sure what the answer is to avoid it occurring. If we knew the cause a fix would be easier to derive.
What operating system and mobile device do you use.
If it happens again, sit on your hands until the gimbal recovers. Then all should work normally again as you already discovered.

thanks for this i will try factory rest too to see if my range improves. question, after factory rest did u have to do front Obstacle Avoidance cameras calibration (with the Assistant tool on the PC/laptop screen) too or just IMU, compass and RC?
and how did u do the factory reset via the DJIGO4 app or Assistant ?

and how did u do the factory reset via the DJIGO4 app or Assistant ?
You must have me confused. I have never done a factory reset. I don't even think a full reset is possible but could be wrong.

.600 seems to be working perfectly for me.I have only had 10 flights since getting my mavic (build date 24th march) but I haven't come across any issues yet.
I will add, I haven't ventured to far away as I'm still learning so keeping to 250 metres out limit.
I updated to .600 when I got the mavic but I don't know what fw it come supplied with.

I updated, it took several attempts to get it to complete, but flew 2 batteries so far and no issues whatsoever

can u revert to FW .400 and see it goes away?
Yes, will try later today. I just did another flight and the gimbal didn't go haywire, but I don't trust it! I'm about to go on vacation so I want it to be as bug free as possible. I still have the issue that started occurring after I updated to 600, where the horizon tilts when turning.

Edit: Using iPhone 7 and latest DJI GO 4 app.

Last edited:
Reactions: BCM25
On 1st battery DJIGo4 (4.0.7) got frozen completely, was able to land by remote, then got the gimbal issue (it went sideway and stuck) on 2nd battery.
On 3rd battery all went smooth, except Battery failure warning :).
My last firmware without any issue seems to be .500, .600 and .700 are not good at all.
Also think that some issues aroused by updating my Android to 7.0.

Hi Guys

I updated to 700 with no issues - I used ASSISTANT, USB in the remote and upgraded the drone over the air / TX channel.

For some reason on 600 I was getting random gimbal errors on 'startup', gimbal overload. This seems to have rectified that (I think). Mavic is new to me and seems to be flying well

I've also had the Gimbal Overload at start up. Only because I didn't remove the gimbal lock that was in place

You don't have to update the firmware. Just ignore it and tap "Go Fly". Your not obligated to update just because there is one available.
This is exactly what I do till I see that the update hasn't caused issues anywhere else. Aswell as I do cautious flying for the first 5 minutes of every first battery. Make sure she's responding right and Hovering properly. Should be fine.

For now, I going with: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." But I am encouraged that a lot (majority) of pilots have not experienced any problems.

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez