DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.700 is here "The-f-word" There is new firmware once again!

I Bailed Out on .0700!

This post is continued from details I posted back on page #14.

Since making the post on page #14 about how things were going ok since upgrading to firmware version .0700 I made another flight that changed my mind. My plan was to fly some distance on the next flight. The weather today is simply awesome at my location. Low humidity, clear blue skies, occasional 5-7mph winds. Anyway the flight started off normal. When the Mav reached around the 8,000ft range the video froze and would update just 1 frame around every 30 seconds. After about 90 seconds of sign of improvement, It was time for RTH. No problem with RTH, the flight map showed the mavic was in route to HP. I was able to still see the altitude, speed, ect. So I lowered the altitude gradually the closer it came to HP as I usually do. The video issue remained in the same state, it never improved or became worse. I landed and went straight to the pc and loaded .0400 in both the A/C and R/C. I have all settings adjusted and just need to make a test flight with .0400 here soon.

Edit: Since posting the above I managed to make a .0400 test flight. The result is the test flight went very well. The differences I saw with the video display in the screen while flying was huge! I was amazed at the actual video quality. There really is that much of a difference that it needs brought up. Now the only issue I ran into was when I was almost back to HP. I started getting a audible beep after I cancelled RTH to fly manually. It was stopping the A/C as if I was closing in on a object. I do not have that feature enabled, but I believe it has something to do with flying directly into the sun? But if the rest of my flights go as well as this test flight, I will without a doubt be on .0400 for a longtime to come.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spanishcop
thanks for this i will try factory rest too to see if my range improves. question, after factory rest did u have to do front Obstacle Avoidance cameras calibration (with the Assistant tool on the PC/laptop screen) too or just IMU, compass and RC?
I did the following:
1) “MC Setting” - > “Advanced Setting” - > “Restore to Default”
2) “Gimbal Setting” - > “Advanced Setting”, - > “Reset All Setting”
3) “Reset Camera Settings”
4) uninstall the DJI go 4
5) “Restore Factory Defaults” (with DJI Assistant 2)
6) reinstall the version .0700 on the Mavic (with DJI Assistant 2)
7) reinstall the version .0700 on the RC (with DJI Assistant 2)
8) reinstall the latest version of the DJI go 4
9) start the DJI go 4 with an active internet connection (after pre flight check, you can turn off internet connection)
10) calibrate IMU
11) calibrate Compass
12) calibrate Vision System (with DJI Assistant 2)
13) “auto calibrate gimbal”
14) make twice “Gimbal Recenter”
15) adjust gimbal roll
Probably some reset/calibrations are superfluous but I made them anyway
I don't think that your range improves, but you may have fewer issues

Reactions: Mr Spock
I've never had any issue with any update. Lucky I guess!!!

I didn't read all 16 pages, so if this is duplicating others' comments, my apologies. Using the Assistant software on my PC, connected to the remote, I saw that the option for upgrading to .700 and downgrading to .400 were both listed. So I did the .700 upgrade.

I then flew from my backyard to a location I normally fly to test range. Perhaps it was some other unrelated improvement (i.e. neighbor unplugged his router, or other source of interference has been removed), but on .700 I was able to fly significantly further before receiving any glitching on the video, or warnings about video or control signal. My best was about 4000', and today I reached just over 7000' before the glitching became a problem.

This is just one flight on .700 so far, so hardly an adequate sampling - but encouraging nonetheless.

...Edit: Since posting the above I managed to make a .0400 test flight. The result is the test flight went very well. The differences I saw with the video display in the screen while flying was huge! I was amazed at the actual video quality. There really is that much of a difference that it needs brought up. Now the only issue I ran into was when I was almost back to HP. I started getting a audible beep after I cancelled RTH to fly manually. It was stopping the A/C as if I was closing in on a object. I do not have that feature enabled, but I believe it has something to do with flying directly into the sun? But if the rest of my flights go as well as this test flight, I will without a doubt be on .0400 for a longtime to come.

I read this a few times, and still can't figure out which firmware had the better display... Maybe I'm just too tired, and I should re-read it again in the morning. I assume that it was the .400 that had the better display. I noticed far fewer breakups and artifacting on .700 than on .400 on my maiden .700 flight.

I read this a few times, and still can't figure out which firmware had the better display... Maybe I'm just too tired, and I should re-read it again in the morning. I assume that it was the .400 that had the better display. I noticed far fewer breakups and artifacting on .700 than on .400 on my maiden .700 flight.

I believe he's speaking of 0400. Like I said before I had some issues with gimbal acting up on both 0600 and 0700. Totally different experience on both firmwares.

In 0600, my gimbal was taking quite some time to level horizon even during flights at times. On 0700 the Gimbal would be working fine and as I began a smooth turn it would keep recording to where it was prior to turn and then jerk over. It's a bit difficult to explain but none the less the Gimbal was jerking around every so often not all the time.

I also had an interference message pop up and to fly with caution... which this had never happened before and I have flown that exact spot numerous times.

I reverted back to 0400 and I'm back to Gimbal working smooth again. I also did not have any interference message pop up at same exact location.

I wish I could say what some of you say that 0700 is a positive upgrade but my aircraft didn't like it. I'm just glad 0400 is still available to downgrade.

I'm sure DJI has a reason for keeping 0400 around. They removed 0550 which was very buggy I think.... But I'd say 0400 still remains one of the most stable FW and that's why they still keep it available.

I'll continue to try new FW as they come available to see if I finally get one that my aircraft will like better. But if they ever get rid of 0400 I don't think I'd upgrade after that without the option to come back.

Mike

Reactions: True fly
I Bailed Out on .0700!

This post is continued from details I posted back on page #14.

Since making the post on page #14 about how things were going ok since upgrading to firmware version .0700 I made another flight that changed my mind. My plan was to fly some distance on the next flight. The weather today is simply awesome at my location. Low humidity, clear blue skies, occasional 5-7mph winds. Anyway the flight started off normal. When the Mav reached around the 8,000ft range the video froze and would update just 1 frame around every 30 seconds. After about 90 seconds of sign of improvement, It was time for RTH. No problem with RTH, the flight map showed the mavic was in route to HP. I was able to still see the altitude, speed, ect. So I lowered the altitude gradually the closer it came to HP as I usually do. The video issue remained in the same state, it never improved or became worse. I landed and went straight to the pc and loaded .0400 in both the A/C and R/C. I have all settings adjusted and just need to make a test flight with .0400 here soon.

Edit: Since posting the above I managed to make a .0400 test flight. The result is the test flight went very well. The differences I saw with the video display in the screen while flying was huge! I was amazed at the actual video quality. There really is that much of a difference that it needs brought up. Now the only issue I ran into was when I was almost back to HP. I started getting a audible beep after I cancelled RTH to fly manually. It was stopping the A/C as if I was closing in on a object. I do not have that feature enabled, but I believe it has something to do with flying directly into the sun? But if the rest of my flights go as well as this test flight, I will without a doubt be on .0400 for a longtime to come.

I had that same issue man! I thought something was broken with my Nanosync antenna install. It was slow laggy it was a minute behind reality even after I got close to it

Reactions: k3vnnyork
ALL OK FOR ME .
saw the alert in dji go, followed the prompts, downloaded via RC, confirmed successful, checked settings - look fine, test flight in 2 batteries including RTH - ALL FINE. Forced close in flight and tried Hangar and Litchi - ALL FINE.

I did some testing today 5 batteries in total on .700 firmware S7 Samsung all went FANTASTIC not one glitch so happy now after .600

I wonder if there is a heat related issue. I'm in Phoenix and even 80 90 degrees is the norm here.

My first two batteries were fine but my third started the lag?

Anyone experiencing video downlink interference after upgraded to 0.600 or 0.700 at the same location prior to upgrade ?

After I upgraded to 0.600 and then 0.700, my Mavic became more sensitive (prone) to interference at same location which had no sign of interference before.

Right after the interference occurred, video downlink totally cut off left only black screen on my phone (the same happened when I used an iPad mini) but all other data are still active and available on screen. The Mavic was within line of sight, so I was able to use RC to guide it back. On another occasion when the same interference happened, I used RTH to get the Mavic back.

Also, after upgraded to 0.700, my Mavic also had gimbal tilt problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spanishcop
Bit late to the party but only just had a chance to get the bird out and noticed the .7 update. Did the update and went flying. I thought my phone was to blame but it appears not. The joysticks were fine but any press of any button on the phone screen ( samsung android ) and it took ages to actually perform that function. It was like a time delay which made flying a bit tricky. Tried to get it into active track and after about 5 minutes it happened but then no icon on the screen to select the item to track. Aweful update for me so came straight home and downgraded to v.6 which work great for me

Anyone experiencing video downlink interference after upgraded to 0.600 or 0.700 at the same location prior to upgrade ?

After I upgraded to 0.600 and then 0.700, my Mavic became more sensitive (prone) to interference at same location which had no sign of interference before.

Right after the interference occurred, video downlink totally cut off left only black screen on my phone (the same happened when I used an iPad mini) but all other data are still active and available on screen. The Mavic was within line of sight, so I was able to use RC to guide it back. On one other occasion when the same interference happened, I used RTH to get the Mavic back.

Also, after upgrade to 0.700, my Mavic also had gimbal tilt problems.

Yes I had more sensitivity to interference and video / gimbal acting strange. Back to 0400.

Reactions: malepilot

Right after the interference occurred, video downlink totally cut off left only black screen on my phone (the same happened when I used an iPad mini) but all other data are still active and available on screen. The Mavic was within line of sight, so I was able to use RC to guide it back. On one other occasion when the same interference happened, I used RTH to get the Mavic back.

Also, after upgrade to 0.700, my Mavic also had gimbal tilt problems.

I had a similar experience while using the mini 2. I reverted from .0700 back to .0400 and now everything is much better.

Reactions: malepilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nordrand