DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AA Gate Attendant forced me to Check Mavic.

with all the terrible service AA are known for I don't know why anyone would fly with them. In fact we hear a lot (here in New Zealand), about how terrible most America airlines are. There are certainly plenty of examples in the media. I'd claim.

Reactions: Fplvert
I am back home now. I had minor issues, nothing major lol.

Leaving NV to TX - put my Mavic into the Nanuk 920 hard case, put my laptop in the bottom luggage pocket, iPad mini in top luggage pocket. Put Nanuk onto belt, put carry-on luggage onto belt. Flagged...my fault, I forgot to take laptop out and put into bucket. They took me to the side, swabbed bag and laptop, sent them through again separately. On my way!

Leaving TX to NV - put my Mavic into the Nanuk 920 hard case, put my laptop in the bottom luggage pocket, iPad mini in top luggage pocket. Put Nanuk onto belt, put carry-on luggage onto belt. Flagged...This time not my fault, I remembered to take laptop out and put into bucket. It was about my Nanuk case, I did not take the locks off. There were so many people ahead of me and only one belt. People were taking so long to go through metal detector and to get their stuff. I did not want to risk my stuff waiting for me down at the end where someone could open to see contents then take off and run with it while I waited to go through. They took me to the side, swabbed the case, negative swab, made me take off locks to see contents. On my way!

No one was being rude or anything, both stops were uneventful.

Me = :)

Reactions: Fplvert
Hearing now that the electronics ban is expanding with an announcement due in a couple weeks. I'm not at all looking forward to what's coming down the pipe. Pretty soon no one will be carrying their mavic as carry on and then the batteries won't be allowed on the flight because they're larger than a cellphone and cannot be checked.

View attachment 12337
There was no problem with the size of the carry-ons.

The Gate Attendant told my wife that her soft sided bag wouldn't fit under the seat. It fit easily. It was a connecting flight, a 757, they all have similar under seat storage.:rolleyes:

Then, Gate Attendant falsely claimed there was no room in the overhead for my bag.

View attachment 12338
I was in row 24, and there were two completely empty overhead bins after the door closed.

If there wasn't room, I'm sure the Flight Attendant would have found a safe place aboard rather than have lipos in the baggage.

The flight crew might have been more concerned for everyone's safety than the Guard at the Gate.;)
Just accept you were wrong. Taking photos of this and quoting statements said by so and so just make you look bitter. In the end the agents are carrying out the departure procedure in accordance with the Airline Policy as another member mentioned they are performance monitored. With respect the issue of hand luggage is a complete nightmare and the staff are dammed if they do and dammed if they don't. I fly for a living and not a day goes by when I have to intervene because a passenger won't comply. There are two sides to every story and unfortunately the GA is not here to defend herself.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Britt