DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft Motor Overloaded. Check whether gimbal is obstrcuted

I had the same problem. try all the tricks that have shared and nothing. Finally the enquiry at DJI warranty and they replaced the gimbal. also I reported in the DJI Dealer that the same has happened to others mavic in the last month. seems to be a fault of DJI. Today i have mi mavic ready to go
Did you get a brand new unit or a refurbished one?

Thank you Alexander for your sharing.

How long did it take from the moment you contact DJI and the moment you had your Mavic back ? Could you send me in a private message the address and the message you wrote ?

Thank you

All you need to do is notify DJI. You can do it by chat, phone or email. It is a known issue and they accept responsibility pretty quickly. They will email you a shipping label. I've had 2 go back. 1st time happened 1/13 got it back 2/8. It was DOA with gimble error. Sent it back and just got one back on 3/3.

Hey thank you very much, I do this now ! Do they replace the drone or the gimbal ? Thanks

Thank you Alexander for your sharing.

How long did it take from the moment you contact DJI and the moment you had your Mavic back ? Could you send me in a private message the address and the message you wrote ?

Thank you

20 days in the DJI Dealer

65be7c67ee2244647fbbc9e520ccfdec.jpg

DJI wants me to pay or use refresh. I don't think that's fair due to issue. Will contact support tomorrow. :(

Reactions: Mr Spock
See if the initialization continues if you gently rotate the lens itself counterclockwise right after it gets to that position. Not the camera, but the round lens.

Rotating the lens worked for my mavic to resolve this issue. Thanks a LOT. Was starting to really worry there. Especially having a shoot tomorrow...

Reactions: BogSpores
Rotating the lens worked for my mavic to resolve this issue. Thanks a LOT. Was starting to really worry there. Especially having a shoot tomorrow...
Yeah, a bit of a hassle between battery changes, but better than returning for a questionable replacement. Glad it works for you too.

Reactions: BogSpores
Bump.

I have this same problem and none of the solutions fixed it.
You did the compass AND full IMU calibration? So sorry if so. Sounds like a return. Pretty sure Mavics are back in stock so it shouldn't be too bad of a wait for a replacement.

You did the compass AND full IMU calibration? So sorry if so. Sounds like a return. Pretty sure Mavics are back in stock so it shouldn't be too bad of a wait for a replacement.
Compass calibration, yes.

I tried the gimbal calibration and it keeps failing.

There seems to be some kind of tiny obstruction IMO, but I can't find it even with good lighting.

Compass calibration, yes.

I tried the gimbal calibration and it keeps failing.

There seems to be some kind of tiny obstruction IMO, but I can't find it even with good lighting.
You NEED to do the IMU calibration. I know it sounds odd, but that interacts with the gimbal. That fixed my initial problem.

You NEED to do the IMU calibration. I know it sounds odd, but that interacts with the gimbal. That fixed my initial problem.
I just did the IMU calibration and also compass again and it's still not working.

The gimbal freaks out and I get the error message from the OP.

OK. Bummer. Sorry and good luck with your return!
Bought another one to use in the meantime, and now it's already doing the same thing. Unbelievable.

This is the 2nd Mavic in ONE WEEK that has bricked out on me because of this issue.

I sent the first one in for repair, bought another one to use in the meantime, and the 2nd one also stopped working after one week.

Absolutely piss poor quality control from DJI, and still no acknowledgement of this issue from them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin