DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

((ALL)) DRONE PILOTS IN THE U.S. MUST HAVE THE TRUST CERTIFICATE TO FLY YOUR DRONE AS OF JUNE 22, 2021!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The FAA did not shut your mini down... it did it all on it's own because of where you were and the GPS on it.... there is a map inside the mini that will not allow it to fly in certain areas.... it probably took that first 10ft to get a good GPS location and then it's down to the ground and now can't take off. When ever I'm close to a restricted or authorized location I let the drone get a good gps signal before taking off.
Are you sure the map is in the drone or its communicating with the app that has the map? Im pretty sure it uses the map from your device.

Reactions: Reginald E Johnson
Hey Guys I just read that as of June 22, 2021 we must have the TRUST CERTIFICATION to be able to fly our Drones here in the U.S. according to the new FAA rules they say it is free to get it but that we must have it or get fined for flying without it have you guys read anything about this in the past day or two and I am assuming that they are meaning ALL DRONES including our MINI-2 I guess that they found a way to get it to but anyway if you can let me know what you guys know about this I look forward to hearing from you and Thank You and God Bless ✝️ Sincerely Clay B.
the Trust training/test is for those who plan to fly with the "intent" of flying only for recreational purposes... I took it anyway but all (100%) of my flights are part 107 so there is no reason for me to take it. It is NOT mandatory for part 107's to take this...

The FAA did not shut your mini down... it did it all on it's own because of where you were and the GPS on it.... there is a map inside the mini that will not allow it to fly in certain areas.... it probably took that first 10ft to get a good GPS location and then it's down to the ground and now can't take off. When ever I'm close to a restricted or authorized location I let the drone get a good gps signal before taking off.
Ditto. I had the Same experience. Turns out I was just at the very end of restricted zone from an airport five miles away. Its a zone on the dji go4 app that didn't show on Litchi. I was lucky as I started off onto water and just managed to bring back i not the shore line.

the Trust training/test is for those who plan to fly with the "intent" of flying only for recreational purposes... I took it anyway but all (100%) of my flights are part 107 so there is no reason for me to take it. It is NOT mandatory for part 107's to take this...
Ditto. Someone somewhere said even 107 needs to take it so I got it out of the way. If I don't need it then I spent 15 minutes while drinking coffee! Did I gain anything? I guess the love and admiration of the FAA!! I have taken about 10 FAA written exams and 8 flight tests and many 135 rides this "can't fail" requirement is no big deal. I hope it educates the masses?!

That was simplistic & fast... took the Pilot Institute's offering, multiple admin link options.
Flipped through the presentations to reach the tests... few clicks done.
Longest part was realizing my Pilot Institute login wasn't applicable and needed new registration for TRUST.

Hey Guys I just read that as of June 22, 2021 we must have the TRUST CERTIFICATION to be able to fly our Drones here in the U.S. according to the new FAA rules they say it is free to get it but that we must have it or get fined for flying without it have you guys read anything about this in the past day or two and I am assuming that they are meaning ALL DRONES including our MINI-2 I guess that they found a way to get it to but anyway if you can let me know what you guys know about this I look forward to hearing from you and Thank You and God Bless ✝️ Sincerely Clay B.
I'm new to all this but it looks like the definition of "recreational" has not changed and the MINI2 is still exempt.

"The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST)"​

What is a recreational flyer?​

A recreational flyer is someone who operates their drone for fun or personal enjoyment purposes only.

How to fly a drone recreationally:

1. If your drone weighs more than .55 lbs, register your drone through the FAA's DroneZone
  2. Pass TRUST
  3. Follow safety guidelines on the FAA website or of an existing aeromodelling organization

On the face of it, it makes sense until you realize this is just another example of a government bureaucracy making law that we have really no control over.. call one of your senators or congress men or women and ask them if they voted on this.... THINK ABOUT IT!... if a government agency has the power alone to 'make law' and you can be fined or even in-prisoned ... what is the use of the democratic system? It will become a joke.... and we will be like many other countries that shall remain nameless... because last time I mentioned it here I got slapped... "by the owners'
This was part of the FAA Reauthorization Act of 2018. It was voted on and passed by Congress then signed by the President. If it was up to the FAA everybody would have to be part 107 to fly a drone. So maybe call your senator and thank them for voting for it?

I just took the Trust Test, very easy, 20 minutes, you get the certificate on completion. Good Luck!

Reactions: CLAYB.7
Well I just took the test. It’s very easy and you won’t fail as it will give you the correct answer. I like it they go through a learning section, then they have a test. It’s about 20 minutes long. Just take the test and your all set.

Now I have my RPAS certificate and my FAA TRUST test!

Reactions: CLAYB.7
Yep, very easy, but it covers basic things everyone flying a drone really ought to know -- and it's all covered first, no need to study -- so I'm in favor of this regulation, and maybe even making the test a little tougher. I took it on the modelaircraft.org site and it was a little tedious because the website loads so slowly -- probabaly overloaded -- so maybe try a different site.
Anen!

The TRUST test is for recreationalal pilots NOT part 107 pilots. Please read what the TRUST acronym is.
Remember the default regulation for drones under 55 lbs "IS" 107 and recreational is a "carve out" exception. Reading any reg from the FAA, and I have dealt with several of the "parts" over the years, things are not always as they appear or are intended. JetLaw publishes "Federal Aviation Regulations Explained" This is NOT a "FAR for Dummies" book. ...some of the wording describing the book is....."To provide the reader with a clear understanding of what a regulation (and many other topics) really means." This book has been published and updated for, I believe, well over 20 years...must be a need to interpret the FAA and FARs!

If you are a 107 pilot and wish to fly under USC 44809 "recreational" rules (not sure why you would) might you not be considered a recreational flyer for that flight if that what you opted to select? There are smarter people... BIGA107, Vic Moss others who can quote page and verse.

My bottom-line is that I have "been there done that" and I spent less time on it than these threads ha ha!! The intent is not a bad thing. Needed for 107 or not it is legal to take it so I have it if asked!! Should it be required for a 107? Probably not but...

What I read was that it's ONLY for recreational flyers. So if I'm a commercial pilot I don't need it. Is this true? If so, why would anybody in bizness waste their time? Thx

There's no rule against flying within 5 miles of an airport. Flying under the old 14 CFR Part 101 subpart E exemption from Part 107 did require notifying any airports within 5 miles, but didn't prohibit flying. That was replaced in 2019 by the "Exception for limited recreational operations of unmanned aircraft" (49 U.S.C. Section 44809) which now simply uses airspace class and LAANC to determine where you can fly - essentially the same as Part 107 with just some limited differences.
Excellent summary, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman