DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

((ALL)) DRONE PILOTS IN THE U.S. MUST HAVE THE TRUST CERTIFICATE TO FLY YOUR DRONE AS OF JUNE 22, 2021!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLAYB.7

Reactions
Hey Guys I just read that as of June 22, 2021 we must have the TRUST CERTIFICATION to be able to fly our Drones here in the U.S. according to the new FAA rules they say it is free to get it but that we must have it or get fined for flying without it have you guys read anything about this in the past day or two and I am assuming that they are meaning ALL DRONES including our MINI-2 I guess that they found a way to get it to but anyway if you can let me know what you guys know about this I look forward to hearing from you and Thank You and God Bless ✝️ Sincerely Clay B.

Reactions: CLAYB.7
Hey Guys I just read that as of June 22, 2021 we must have the TRUST CERTIFICATION to be able to fly our Drones here in the U.S. ...
So far there is no date set that you have to have it by. All drone pilots in the US have to take the test (even those wth 107 licenses) and have the certificate in thier possession when flying.

Thank You Brother ? and God Bless ✝️ Sincerely Clay B.

Reactions: A.O.
So far there is no date set that you have to have it by. All drone pilots in the US have to take the test (even those wth 107 licenses) and have the certificate in thier possession when flying.
Thank You for the info Brother I appreciate it? and I am going to stay up on this and go ahead and get it done. God Bless ✝️ Sincerely Clay B.

Part 107 pilots only need to take it to fly under the Exception for limited recreational operations of unmanned aircraft, which has little benefit at all versus Part 107 since it replaced Part 101. And you can fly recreationally (or for any reason at all) under Part 107.

That said, if you are Part 107 certified then this test is ridiculously easy, and free, so I took it anyway.

... That said, if you are Part 107 certified then this test is ridiculously easy, and free, so I took it anyway.
Yep, very easy, but it covers basic things everyone flying a drone really ought to know -- and it's all covered first, no need to study -- so I'm in favor of this regulation, and maybe even making the test a little tougher. I took it on the modelaircraft.org site and it was a little tedious because the website loads so slowly -- probabaly overloaded -- so maybe try a different site.

Yep, very easy, but it covers basic things everyone flying a drone really ought to know -- and it's all covered first, no need to study -- so I'm in favor of this regulation, and maybe even making the test a little tougher. I took it on the modelaircraft.org site and it was a little tedious because the website loads so slowly -- probabaly overloaded -- so maybe try a different site.

Completely agree.

Just do it.

This is only the beginning of extended requirements for our flying toys/tools that could interfere with manned aircraft. In the end, it can only save lives. Once the requirements start costing unreasonable $$$ and make zero sense, then just find something else to do.

As a side note though, the whole drone thing is getting much harder to enjoy, mostly because of idiots that just don't have a clue of how to operate responsibly....

One problem with this regulation is that many of the people who need it most will likely not even know it's now required. With Fimi, Hubsan, etc. now coming out with sub-250g drones, I can foresee a lot of people buying them because they don't need to be registered, then assume they aren't under any regulations and just go out and start flying,

Reactions: dozzn and A.O.
Hey Guys I just read that as of June 22, 2021 we must have the TRUST CERTIFICATION to be able to fly our Drones here in the U.S. according to the new FAA rules they say it is free to get it but that we must have it or get fined for flying without it have you guys read anything about this in the past day or two and I am assuming that they are meaning ALL DRONES including our MINI-2 I guess that they found a way to get it to but anyway if you can let me know what you guys know about this I look forward to hearing from you and Thank You and God Bless ✝️ Sincerely Clay B.
I thought this was already covered in the past week. I did the course and took the test, all while waiting for my wife to get ready to go out ( always frustrating- about a half hour wait). You cannot fail this test- if you make a wrong choice they give you the answer and let you try it again. So everyone gets 100%. I printed two cards and put one in my wallet and one in my drone case. The questions are very basic and we all already know the answers rom reading this forum. Do not sweat it at all.

Dale
Miami

Reactions: A.O. and CLAYB.7
One problem with this regulation is that many of the people who need it most will likely not even know it's now required. With Fimi, Hubsan, etc. now coming out with sub-250g drones, I can foresee a lot of people buying them because they don't need to be registered, then assume they aren't under any regulations and just go out and start flying,
Agreed, so many out there just buy a drone and go fly. If they aren't on a forum like this of some sort they probably dont know any better.

Reactions: Zeprider
Sort of.

Those with the Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate can still fly recreationally without a TRUST, as long as they are flying under the Part 107 regulations. In that case, they don't need a TRUST completion cert on them.

But if they fly outside those rules, they do need one. The examples are if you want to fly an aircraft over 55 pounds, or if you want to fly at night under a CBO that doesn't require 3SM strobes. If that case, you need to have your TRUST.

Also, if you have any UAS registered as a recreational flyer, you need to have taken TRUST in order to fly them outside. That includes ALL drones under .55lbs. For instance if I'm going to fly my little EMAX TinyHawk 2 drones outside (assuming there is zero wind), I have to have the TRUST. And I do fly those little guys at my local playground when the kiddos aren't around.

So in those cases, I need the TRUST. All other times, I can fly under 107, even if I deem the flight a recreational one.

I hope that helps clarify some of the TRUST concerns.

Just so you know, it applies to all Drones! My Mavic Mini was shut down 3-4 Miles from an Airport and I was planning to fly 10 Feet up! There you have it!

Agreed, so many out there just buy a drone and go fly. If they aren't on a forum like this of some sort they probably dont know any better.
Yup, and things are going to get worse when the Mini SE is released next month. Everyone and their brother will be able to pop into Walmart, buy an SE on impulse and fly it without knowing or caring about the legalities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2