DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

((ALL)) DRONE PILOTS IN THE U.S. MUST HAVE THE TRUST CERTIFICATE TO FLY YOUR DRONE AS OF JUNE 22, 2021!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all of this end cap drone sales out of Walmart with thousand more drones in the air. Just wait. I predict there is a real test coming up in the future that everyone is going to have to pass. Not as bad as the 107 test but a lot more than what we have now.

On the face of it, it makes sense until you realize this is just another example of a government bureaucracy making law that we have really no control over.. call one of your senators or congress men or women and ask them if they voted on this.... THINK ABOUT IT!... if a government agency has the power alone to 'make law' and you can be fined or even in-prisoned ... what is the use of the democratic system? It will become a joke.... and we will be like many other countries that shall remain nameless... (Mod Removed )

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: sea157 and WDKZoom
On the face of it, it makes sense until you realize this is just another example of a government bureaucracy making law ...
Actually the FAA was created in 1958 by the elected senators, congressmen and signed by the president giving them the power to regulate the airspace over the US. This includes not only pilots but aircraft design, maintenance and use, airports, etc. And since that time (60+ years) they have had the power to "make laws" and fine or in-prison people (after being convicted in a court of law). The electected lawmakers are the ones that created and gave the FAA such power, it is not some "made up" agency. If you don't like that start a campaign to elect officials that limit or eliminate the FAA. Good luck with that!

what is the use of the democratic system? It will become a joke.... and we will be like many other countries that shall remain nameless... (Mod Removed)
We don't have a democratic system. We have a Republic. We elect those people to make laws. That's how this country was founded and how it works now.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner. True democracy sucks. Our Founding Fathers we smart enough to understand that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Super easy. I agree with others who said only takes 15 minutes to complete then print out your certificate.

Actually I agree with you guys who chastised me above.... yes we are a republic and yes we need the FAA but here is my question assuming the original poster's report is true... so, yesterday when I went out and inspected the top of two chimneys for money with my drone and I thought I was totally legal since I have a commercial license to do that which cost me a good bit of money and time to get... I was actually breaking the law because I have not gone on line and filled out some form with questions and a test that anyone including a 2nd grader can pass?

I'm sorry, but where is the logic in that? I'll probably do it just to see what this is all about, but it sure sounds stupid to me.

Yup, and things are going to get worse when the Mini SE is released next month. Everyone and their brother will be able to pop into Walmart, buy an SE on impulse and fly it without knowing or caring about the legalities.
That’s not true, the FAA shut down my Mavic Mini for flying too close to a Airport! I was only going up to 10 Feet to take a Family Photo and they only gave me 90 Seconds before it came down-on it’s own and it wouldn’t take off again, not there!

On the face of it, it makes sense until you realize this is just another example of a government bureaucracy making law that we have really no control over.. call one of your senators or congress men or women and ask them if they voted on this.... THINK ABOUT IT!... if a government agency has the power alone to 'make law' and you can be fined or even in-prisoned ... what is the use of the democratic system? It will become a joke.... and we will be like many other countries that shall remain nameless... because last time I mentioned it here I got slapped... "by the owners'
Too late...

Yup, and things are going to get worse when the Mini SE is released next month. Everyone and their brother will be able to pop into Walmart, buy an SE on impulse and fly it without knowing or caring about the legalities.
I guess I have not been paying attention... Whats the big deal with the SE? People can pop in a lot of places and get a drone and go off to fly, whats the difference with the SE?

Reactions: WW5RM
Actually I agree with you guys who chastised me above.... yes we are a republic and yes we need the FAA but here is my question assuming the original poster's report is true... so, yesterday when I went out and inspected the top of two chimneys for money with my drone and I thought I was totally legal since I have a commercial license to do that which cost me a good bit of money and time to get... I was actually breaking the law because I have not gone on line and filled out some form with questions and a test that anyone including a 2nd grader can pass?

I'm sorry, but where is the logic in that? I'll probably do it just to see what this is all about, but it sure sounds stupid to me.
I agree! If you have your 107 making you take the TRUST is DUMB!

Reactions: AliasFlyer
First off its in our Walmart now. Second what does the Mini SE have to do with that? You forget how many other brands of drones there are? Walmart has been carry decent drones for a few years now.

Reactions: A.O.
That’s not true, the FAA shut down my Mavic Mini for flying too close to a Airport! I was only going up to 10 Feet to take a Family Photo and they only gave me 90 Seconds before it came down-on it’s own and it wouldn’t take off again, not there!
The FAA did not shut your mini down... it did it all on it's own because of where you were and the GPS on it.... there is a map inside the mini that will not allow it to fly in certain areas.... it probably took that first 10ft to get a good GPS location and then it's down to the ground and now can't take off. When ever I'm close to a restricted or authorized location I let the drone get a good gps signal before taking off.

I guess I have not been paying attention... Whats the big deal with the SE? People can pop in a lot of places and get a drone and go off to fly, whats the difference with the SE?
Most of the toy drones (Holy Stone, DEERC, Hubsan, SYMA, etc.) sold at mass market retailers don't have the imaging and video capabilities of the Mini SE. And they certainly don't have the range and endurance of the SE. Someone who was previously used to flying a toy drone with a range of only 1 or 2 km, mediocre video recording capability and a 10 to 15 minute flight time will soon be able to saunter into any Walmart and, for just $300, purchase an SE that will record gimbal-stabilized 2.7K video out to a maximum distance of 6 km.

I'm betting the SE will sell like hotcakes, and that most of the people acquiring them can't be bothered with "trivialities" like a 400' ceiling or maintaining VLOS. Or having to pass TRUST before they can operate a drone.

Sort of.

Those with the Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate can still fly recreationally without a TRUST, as long as they are flying under the Part 107 regulations. In that case, they don't need a TRUST completion cert on them.

But if they fly outside those rules, they do need one. The examples are if you want to fly an aircraft over 55 pounds, or if you want to fly at night under a CBO that doesn't require 3SM strobes. If that case, you need to have your TRUST.

Also, if you have any UAS registered as a recreational flyer, you need to have taken TRUST in order to fly them outside. That includes ALL drones under .55lbs. For instance if I'm going to fly my little EMAX TinyHawk 2 drones outside (assuming there is zero wind), I have to have the TRUST. And I do fly those little guys at my local playground when the kiddos aren't around.

So in those cases, I need the TRUST. All other times, I can fly under 107, even if I deem the flight a recreational one.

I hope that helps clarify some of the TRUST concerns.
Vic, I trust your indepth knowledge & experience I am a manned aircraft ATP rated pilot, CFII, and Part 107 since 2016. Is it a "just do it" regardless of any other details or scenarios? I have learned over 37 years knowing the FAA that on something like this you smile, comply and move on. Example, why did I need to have a "ground" instructor certificate as one of the credential to qualify for a gold seal on my "flight" instructor certificate? "You don't ask why son you just do!!

Or, you know, just don't read it.
That is the same ridiculous reaction that reasonable requests to not share religion always get. If you were able to think you would know that it doesn't work that way. You would probably say the same about my post here, but you've already read it!

Just so you know, it applies to all Drones! My Mavic Mini was shut down 3-4 Miles from an Airport and I was planning to fly 10 Feet up! There you have it!
That's because you were flying illegally. There you have it!

You don't seem to get it. You can't fly within a five mile radius of an airport. That hasn't changed.

There's no rule against flying within 5 miles of an airport. Flying under the old 14 CFR Part 101 subpart E exemption from Part 107 did require notifying any airports within 5 miles, but didn't prohibit flying. That was replaced in 2019 by the "Exception for limited recreational operations of unmanned aircraft" (49 U.S.C. Section 44809) which now simply uses airspace class and LAANC to determine where you can fly - essentially the same as Part 107 with just some limited differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown