DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

All Preset filters shown side by side.

SeanOzz

Reactions
I put this video together the other day.
In the description I time stamped every filter to make it easy to come back to for comparison.

I've found if you want footage that you really don't want to have to edit in post production it is fully possible and I show some side by sides edited and none edited of a few filters.

Anyway I figure this could be helpful for a few people and thought it was worth sharing.

Too bad about the sharpen setting used

Not at all man. I absolutely HATE the way +1 looks as well as zero and +2. So for me it's pretty awesome.

;)

You're not referring to the "one" video on the good ole YouTube saying that it's gotta be +1 then you have to tone down the sharpness in post processing?

If so, what do you use to watch most of your mavic footage? A phone, a laptop, a desktop, a tv, or a projection tv?

Reactions: boone
Not at all man. I absolutely HATE the way +1 looks as well as zero and +2. So for me it's pretty awesome.

;)

You're not referring to the "one" video on the good ole YouTube saying that it's gotta be +1 then you have to tone down the sharpness in post processing?

If so, what do you use to watch most of your mavic footage? A phone, a laptop, a desktop, a tv, or a projection tv?

Yeah, that's what I am on about. Not meaning to offend, just to me, I have clearly noticed the mushy video thing with anything below +1. I watch initially while flying with a 7plus. Afterwards on both an iPad Pro and a larger screen that's 2k

And I definitely have to hit the brakes after the fact in post. +1 is way too sharp just out of the camera for my taste, so I process it, but nothing crazy.

Finding the +1 setting was a revaluation for me as far as recovering overall detail though. One video is often all it takes to crack the code on something that's confounding you. I've felt like I benefitted from that info, but I'm not trying to hijack this thread with that discussion.

Reactions: SeanOzz
Hi Sean,
I would like to subscribe with you but not sure how? I am new to forum
And I enjoyed your post I really would like to fly and not have to do post editing. Thank you for your time
[email protected] maybe you can keep me updated.

Yeah, that's what I am on about. Not meaning to offend, just to me, I have clearly noticed the mushy video thing with anything below +1. I watch initially while flying with a 7plus. Afterwards on both an iPad Pro and a larger screen that's 2k

This.

Not offended at all. No worries. Everyone likes a different look is my point.

I actually was talking to that guy and he stayed it really doesn't make a difference in the playback till you go tv size or so.

To me it makes everything just look too sharp.
Though that does give me an idea for a new video. Maybe just do true color side by side with all different sharpnesses.

:)

Reactions: boone

Though I don't watch on a tv. Just my phone and laptop. So for me -1 has become my go to after personally experimenting with the rest.

(For most situations, not all). Again I wish I could blanket statement all this but there just isn't a one shoe fits all kind of answer for this one.

Hi Sean,
I would like to subscribe with you but not sure how? I am new to forum
And I enjoyed your post I really would like to fly and not have to do post editing. Thank you for your time
[email protected] maybe you can keep me updated.

Hey Johnny. Do you have a YouTube account?
If so feel free to subscribe. I'm always trying to do something on there to share when time allows.

Not offended at all. No worries. Everyone likes a different look is my point.

I actually was talking to that guy and he stayed it really doesn't make a difference in the playback till you go tv size or so.

To me it makes everything just look too sharp.
Though that does give me an idea for a new video. Maybe just do true color side by side with all different sharpnesses.

:)
That would be worth watching.

Isn't it easier to undo sharpening than to sharpen in post?

My video above is really what I do when I don't wanna do ANYTHING in post.

Soon as I start messing with sharpening or whatnot I switch to other filters completely anyway. :)

Though I don't watch on a tv. Just my phone and laptop. So for me -1 has become my go to after personally experimenting with the rest.

(For most situations, not all). Again I wish I could blanket statement all this but there just isn't a one shoe fits all kind of answer for this one.

The internal NR of the Mavic is what you're getting with that setting. It's not good.

I also think you guys might have not watched the whole thing. Lol

You honestly could have the sharpening to any setting and the video would for the most part have a similar result all about the filters.

I'm working on two different ones. I'll share them when done. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi