DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Altitude maximum workaround

Its possible.
I think you need a hyperbaric chamber and a method to power up the mavic when its in the hyperbaric chamber.

Just leaked in the DJI fourms: Unlimited altitude and speed (power up hack): Just go: up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, select, start.
lies... that's a Hadouken!

Reactions: stanradzikowski
So an ip
So ive been flying my bird for 8 months and 60 flights, was at a nice steep ,Mountain, clearly higher than 500 meters. I have the altitude limit set for 500 meters. Launch "phoenix", go straight up and hit a 1000 ' limit, like hitting a ceiling. Why????? Thanks for any feedback.
Update, i changed the units to metric from imperial , and walla go verticle to 500 meters. Whats that all about.

The problem FOR ME is that the 500 meters is above your launch point... it has little to do with above ground level (AGL).... so for someone like me who flies canyons and mountains you can be less than 200 feet AGL, yet peg the total altitude limit climbing up the side of a mountain at 200 feet AGL. This is an extreme hindrance to me... also no way to inspect one of the radio towers I was asked to do....

Bummer on how the ceiling height limit works. In final stages of making the buy decision on the MP, my first drone. I live in northwest Wyoming which is very mountainous and planned to use the MP for scouting routes up mountains and avoiding getting cliffed out or other obstacles. When Scouting routes relatively easy to stay within a 1000 ft of the ground/slope below the MP at at any given point in time, but would easily exceed the 1600 ft from limit from take off. Suppose the work around would be to scout the route in stages, ascending to new take off points to increase the max elevation. Not easy as many routes will have 3,000 to 6,000 ft total elev gain from starting point. IS there a definitive answer to how the max elevation is determined for a flight? ( start point vs immediate elevation from the terrain below the MP)?
I had a great time this year in Wyoming and took off from the top of the Beartooth Pass at 11,000 ft.
Even put a video of it on my YouTube channel at Ian in London.
Always easier to drive up to the top and fly down; you have the full range of thousands of feet at your dispoal then without any hacking reuired.... (Asumes handy road has been constructed :) )

Cheers,

Ian

Reactions: lweekspors
Next thing we know DJI puts limit on negative altitudes, too. Mavic 2 will probably start with the firmware that doesn't have parameters accessible, so downgrading will be useless. Something to think about...

Takes a long time to descend from 1,640' AGL if a helicopter comes into view. That's why I seldom fly over 600' or so. But then, I'm in Texas. If I were in WY or CO, I'd want to fly much, much higher.

This winter I hope to ski CO or UT, and my Mavic is definitely coming with me.

what don't people understand about mountains?
Is there directions in the manual that says you may only fly from the top of a mountain?
Yes, people are stupid. because of that the smart ones need to be throttled.
got it.

Kinda late to this party ain't ya ,last post was 6 month's ago .
Welcome to the forum ruggy . 0ROJYyg.png

maybe some smart drone mfg will see it and figure out a way to do ADL so drones can climb mountains - maybe not Everest.

The highest mountain in Australia is 2200m high and you can comfortably walk up to the summit. In WA it is Bluff Knoll at 1099m. The altitude limit will not be a concern to me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman