DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone in Dallas / Fort Worth?

Anybody wanna go to Ray Roberts Dam tomorrow and fly? Weather permitting of course.

I've been wanting to get up to Ray Roberts for a while now, I'm in Prosper. I'm coming in from East Texas this morning, might be able to meet early afternoon, have to be back in Prosper by 4:30 though. What time were you thinking?

I've been wanting to get up to Ray Roberts for a while now, I'm in Prosper. I'm coming in from East Texas this morning, might be able to meet early afternoon, have to be back in Prosper by 4:30 though. What time were you thinking?
I'm free all day. Right now it looks pretty nice out in my area, N. Denton. Cloudy, but the sun is peaking through. Say 12-1?

I'll let you know when I leave Athens and head back to Prosper. We can plan from there. Waiting on my father in law to get moving so I can help with a few things then leave :)

Not a Texas native but heading out to Lake Fork in two weeks to bass fish and was hoping to get some flying time in while there. Anywhere in that area have any tips? Used the hover app and it doesn't seem to have any airports around it limiting me

Haven't been to Fork in years... Good luck on the fishing, I assume it is good as it has always been.

As for Droning. I would think Fork itself would offer plenty of good filming possibilities.

I have been wanting to take a trip to Caddo lake to shoot some footage.

Reactions: Squamer
bradc972, I am in Prosper as well. Have had my Mavic a little over a week and have been really enjoying it. Every fly out at Erwin Park?

bradc972, I am in Prosper as well. Have had my Mavic a little over a week and have been really enjoying it. Every fly out at Erwin Park?
I haven't yet. I'm actually trying to get my brother out there on the dirt jump track to catch some good video.

I have not yet, but I have heard of people flying there. We should figure out a time to head over, we can drag @ISpeekW00kie with us, he's close.

I mostly fly over the Prosper Town Lake (I live in Greenspoint) and at Frontier Park.

Is Prosper Town lake the body of water just to the North and East of Greenspoint? I've flown out at Erwin two or three times now . .I've been riding my mountain bike out there the past few years, so it's cool to get a better overview of the area and trails. Plus, there are good open spaces to fly. I've gotten some pretty good sunset footage out there. Yeah I'd be up for meeting out there sometime. We initially looked at Greenspoint back in 2011, but ended up right around the corner from you in Whitley Place. When I fly around there, I can see your neighborhood. In fact, I was up last night getting that nice sunset. Still learning the settings to get the best pics and I've got a set of polarpro ND filters on the way, which should up my photography game.

Is Prosper Town lake the body of water just to the North and East of Greenspoint? I've flown out at Erwin two or three times now . .I've been riding my mountain bike out there the past few years, so it's cool to get a better overview of the area and trails. Plus, there are good open spaces to fly. I've gotten some pretty good sunset footage out there. Yeah I'd be up for meeting out there sometime. We initially looked at Greenspoint back in 2011, but ended up right around the corner from you in Whitley Place. When I fly around there, I can see your neighborhood. In fact, I was up last night getting that nice sunset. Still learning the settings to get the best pics and I've got a set of polarpro ND filters on the way, which should up my photography game.

Yeah, that is Prosper Town Lake. My brother lives in Whitley Place, know it well. We moved to Greenspoint last year from Willow Ridge. Erwin sounds cool, not sure why I haven't ventured over there yet.

The PolarPros definitely help, I have the cinema series and I love them. Took this one the other day looking from above my house toward Whitley at sunrise.

full

I'm in Vegas until Friday, happy to meet up when I'm home!

I live down in Dallas, near SMU. I just got my mavic and conveniently I live right outside the Love Field no fly zone, although there are several heliports near me. I'd love to get out of the city a little bit and get some footage.

Yeah, that is Prosper Town Lake. My brother lives in Whitley Place, know it well. We moved to Greenspoint last year from Willow Ridge. Erwin sounds cool, not sure why I haven't ventured over there yet.

The PolarPros definitely help, I have the cinema series and I love them. Took this one the other day looking from above my house toward Whitley at sunrise.

full

I'm in Vegas until Friday, happy to meet up when I'm home!
What is the benefit of using ND filter on drone photography?

I'm working until next Thursday and then I have Fan Expo next weekend, so I'll be out for a bit.

I live in Bedford and my office is in North Richland Hills; I found a great place to practice. 7 miles from Bedford and 12 minutes away

Hi, Rayban and Mjwarch. I live in Hurst. Had my Mavic just over a month, but haven't had much time to fly. Been practicing with RF Drone until I get better with the controls. Hurst city parks are legal fly areas, according to an email from the Hurst City Recreation Director. I had the email laminated in plastic so I can show anyone who confronts me (nobody yet). I'm going to contact the park people in Bedford, Euless, Colleyville, and NRH and do the same.

Reactions: Foxtrot Uniform
Hi, Rayban and Mjwarch. I live in Hurst. Had my Mavic just over a month, but haven't had much time to fly. Been practicing with RF Drone until I get better with the controls. Hurst city parks are legal fly areas, according to an email from the Hurst City Recreation Director. I had the email laminated in plastic so I can show anyone who confronts me (nobody yet). I'm going to contact the park people in Bedford, Euless, Colleyville, and NRH and do the same.

Hauptmann, good to hear there's a fellow Mavic flyer in the neighborhood. I've flown in a NRH park, wide open field.
I'm an architect, and know all of the Planning Department staff (zoning) on a very friendly basis. I have reviewed all of their respective zoning ordinances, and none of these cities ban
electric flyers by ordinance. Can you email me your copy of your info for Hurst?
Also, in case you don't know, the Open Fly Area in Grand Prairie, every Saturday between 11:00am and 5:00pm has been arranged with the city on city owned land.

Let me know when your available, and let's fly together!

Howdy Y'all, I live in Richardson in Collin County. A co-worker and me got our new Mavic about 10 days ago and still learning all about it. We have been fly in a Plano Public Park across the street from the Community College on Spring Creek. There are sever hundred acres of open space and a concrete parking lot. We would like to meet up with other Mavic pilots and learn more about flying drones. I have seen several members on this forum who live in Plano, Allen, McKinney, Wylie etc. maybe soon when the wind dies down a tad we can have a meet and greet somewhere. Happy Flying Y'all.

Hi BuddyB. I would be interested in meeting up with you on a not-so-windy weekend. I live in Coppell. Let me know when you plan on going there next. Is it the Collin College Spring Creek campus you go to east of 75 on Spring Creek? That is about 40 mins drive for me. I've had my mavic since January and fly almost every day, weather permitting.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78