DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone label Mavic with your phone number?

I hadn't thought about putting my name and number on the drone till I saw this thread. Just added another sticker inside the battery bay containing both. Thanks for the idea!

Oh him put FAA number on one leg and reward and cell phone number on other leg

I would never put my phone number and/or address on my bird in case it goes down on private property and the last thing you want is an irate farmer knocking on your door in a fit of rage!

Yes I put my contact information under the battery and a REWARD label on top of the Mavic. I take responsibility for my flying and it is also required if you do any type of commercial work here, insurance is also mandatory for commercial work.
In case of a crash I would very much have the possibility of getting the footage and sdcard back

I would never put my phone number and/or address on my bird in case it goes down on private property and the last thing you want is an irate farmer knocking on your door in a fit of rage!
I was thinking along these lines also. I almost always mainly fly over wide open unihabited spaces but sods law states that the one day this sucker decides to go down you can bet your *** its going down onto a school or baby nursery and when that happens I would rather dissapear into the dark than be in the national newspaper in an orange jumpsuit :eek: So my verdict is still very much out on this one

023843a5e5045977284e3da3fba29d8c.jpeg

This is my decal. Also means I keep an eye on battery rotation, I have 1 through 4. Purchased from leemacdesign2014 on eBay.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Are you talking about 'Tile' ?

If so, it isn't all that useful for drone use, especially in unpopulated areas as it depends on the relatively short range of bluetooth and works best in areas where there will be a lot of people passing by so you can hope that another Tile user passes within range to let you know where it is.
I agree. best thing seems to be "MarcoPolo tracker". And you can even remove and use it in other device. Down side is the price, its more expensive but you don't have any subscription service like bluetooth/cell phone antenas dependent systems...

Yea , I have it taped to the inside so you can see it when you remove the battery. Also my email is in there just in case. It's says reward if found contact: xxx xxxx or myemail.com

Cheap and simple.. yes.

Products

Thanks for the link... got mine today.

The great thing about this website (reclaimdrone.com) is you don't have to buy their product to register your drone in their system. Although you would need the url in there, with your FAA#, for contact. When you register, you can allow just how much, if any, of your information the finder can see. They just go to the site, input your FAA number and 1)if you put in personal info for contact they can find it here... or 2) They just click a generic contact link and the site will send you an email with their information for you to contact them and get your drone back. Either way, you're gonna have to deal with that irate farmer if you want to get your equipment back. :rolleyes:

From their FAQ page:

"...at the time of registering your aircraft, you have complete control over how much information is provided to someone who might find their lost aircraft. Some owners will allow the finder to see little to no personal and contact information. While others will allow their full name, email, phone and even home address to be displayed. Some will even included the amount of the reward they are offering for the lost aircraft’s return.

Bottom line, it’s your choice what to provide the finder of your lost aircraft.

At a minimum, someone finding your lost aircraft, assuming it has labels displaying the FAA # and ReclaimDrone.com, can visit our website and immediately contact you without ever seeing your name, email, or phone number. Our built in messaging system will allow the finder to enter just the FAA # to find the aircraft in our system, and then if found, they can immediately type in a message which is immediately emailed to you, the registered owner."

I have the FAA number on mine for flying while I'm in the states, but in Canada the new rules say :

Do not fly your drone...if your name, address, and telephone number are not clearly marked on your drone.

I personally refuse to do that...lot of unstable people out there. What if I loses my drone, someone finds it and 'knows' I was spying on them. Pays me a little visit at home to teach me a lesson? Yeah, well thought out rules.

I do have my cell number under the battery, police can track me with that if needed.

Although I rarely lose sight of my drone I do have a fear of losing it for one reason or another.

I am making a sticker with my name and phone number and a statement that says "Please call. Reward if found"

I haven't decided on the reward amount but I bet $100 would get some attention.

$100? Better to sell it!

But I do put a phone number on mine.... I just put my ex wife's number. It's better that way

023843a5e5045977284e3da3fba29d8c.jpeg

This is my decal. Also means I keep an eye on battery rotation, I have 1 through 4. Purchased from leemacdesign2014 on eBay.

What if....what if the battery separates from the Mavic on crash and only the Mavic is found? I'd rather have my Mavic back!

I've got one of those little printer machines, that spews out sticky yellow tape. I've put both my mobile, and landline across the rear legs. Don't dji lock in your serial number with your registration details, when you first activate the drone, therefore stopping anyone else from activating it? If they don't then they should, to prevent the drones getting sold on when found.

If the farmer was knocking on your door they would be trespassing. If they were irate that would be their own personal problem.

If the farmer was knocking on your door they would be trespassing. If they were irate that would be their own personal problem.
That’s not how trespassing works unless you’ve already prohibited him from the property.

Anyway, these concerns are why I made a dedicated email address and just put that on mine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky