DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone use the MavMount for iPad?

I bought the MavMount and it just arrived a couple days ago.

After spending some time with it, I have to say, this thing is the REAL DEAL. It is extremely well made - a quality addition to your Mavic Pro. I looked closely at the other mounts, but the plastic is not the way to go. What I REALLY like about this is the adjustable nature of it. And no, it does NOT block the antennas. In fact, I'm also using one of the antenna boosters with the MavMount and no issues.

Because of the adjustable feature of this mount, you can get it adjusted to where the "balance" is perfect in your hands. It feels awesome. Yes, it blocks the screen but who cares? Everything that is on the controller screen is on the tablet screen and it's BIGGER so you can actually see it. Have an issue with your tablet app and need to see the controller screen in a hurry? Just twist the knob on the mount and swing the screen down toward you in an INSTANT. Done.

While it does not have a hole for a lanyard, that's no big deal either. I simply took mine, wrapped it around the shaft and hooked it to itself. Done. Works perfect.

If you want a mount for your tablet, you can't go wrong with this unit. It's well made and will adjust to where it's "just right" for everyone and it stays put. After having this thing, I'd be embarrassed to use one of those 3d plastic things.

I've bought tons of stuff for my other drones (including my Turbo Ace Matrix) and I have to say this is one of the nicest, most well made pieces I've acquired. I don't usually "sing the praises" of something, but this one deserves it. My only concern was the weight, but now that it's in my hands, I worried for naught. It's fairly light and it nicely integrates with the controller so that the whole package, weight wise, feels just right.
The only item that exists on the remote only is the RPMs but I've never needed that information anyway. Waiting for this mount myself as it looks to be excellent quality.

The only item that exists on the remote only is the RPMs but I've never needed that information anyway. Waiting for this mount myself as it looks to be excellent quality.
I'm pretty sure the rpms are in the tablet, bottom left. I know for sure in sport mode.

I just got my Mavmount XL today and did a quick test flight. It is a slight bit heavy, but very solid quality.

I know a few have the Mavmount asked if they could just get the iPad holder for the bigger XL model and I found that you can buy the same exact one used on the Mavmount XL on Amazon for 9 bucks. Amazon.com: Ulanzi iPad Tablet Tripod Mount Adapter Flexible Adjustable Clamp Tablet Holder for iPad Air Pro,Microsoft Surface and Most Tablets (5inch-12inch Screen)Etc.: Cell Phones & Accessories

This made with pretty solid stuff. The actual holder is the one listed above, seems pretty good and has good reviews on amazon. The second piece is a ball head mount. I could not find the exact one used on Amazon, but looking at the quality of the one used, it is one of the better ones out there. Then the part that goes in the clamp is solid metal. It fits very well.

The mount is just a standard 1/4 inch tripod screw, so if you don't like the iPad holder it comes with, you can find any other one you want on amazon and change it out. The one that came with the XL is nice and does the job well.

The only issue I had on the XL mount was the wire kept hitting my hands. I am going to add little clips to the side of the holder to keep the cable running up along it, simple modification.

Got my Mavmount today, and i must say compared to the 3d printed ones it is head and shoulders above them. Very sturdy with different mounting options depending on whether you want to see the controller screen or not. I for one don't even use the screen, flew both P2's and P3's with only a tablet so I don't need the controller screen, which has no info that the tablet doesn't have in any case, and the tablet view is much larger and not all 'crunched' up making it difficult to quickly focus on the info you need like on the controller. I have a lanyard with a small 'D' ring that snaps around the base of the ball mount supporting the weight of the controller, mount, and tablet so I don't have to hold it the entire time. For quick trips or M/C trips I will just use my phone. Everything including the tablet and sunshade fits in the Lowepro sling bag.

The only issue I had on the XL mount was the wire kept hitting my hands. I am going to add little clips to the side of the holder to keep the cable running up along it, simple modification.
I run the cable thru the cutout slot in the base plate, that way it doesn't get in the way.

Reactions: Ken Schmidt
Aerial West - Any chance we could get a holiday coupon for the MavMount? It seems to be getting good reviews here on MavicPilots.

Aerial West - Any chance we could get a holiday coupon for the MavMount? It seems to be getting good reviews here on MavicPilots.
It's still on sale right now, no coupon needed! :)

Got my Mavmount today, and i must say compared to the 3d printed ones it is head and shoulders above them. Very sturdy with different mounting options depending on whether you want to see the controller screen or not. I for one don't even use the screen, flew both P2's and P3's with only a tablet so I don't need the controller screen, which has no info that the tablet doesn't have in any case, and the tablet view is much larger and not all 'crunched' up making it difficult to quickly focus on the info you need like on the controller. I have a lanyard with a small 'D' ring that snaps around the base of the ball mount supporting the weight of the controller, mount, and tablet so I don't have to hold it the entire time. For quick trips or M/C trips I will just use my phone. Everything including the tablet and sunshade fits in the Lowepro sling bag.
wow, thanks so much for the great review!

I placed an order on 12-21-16. Paid immediately via paypal. I requested tracking info 2 days ago. I'm getting no response... what's up?

I placed an order on 12-21-16. Paid immediately via paypal. I requested tracking info 2 days ago. I'm getting no response... what's up?
I remember your email, and replied to you immediately. Check your spam, when we changed our ip from standard to SSL secure for credit card transactions, some mail services might have marked it as suspicious. I'll PM you here too since you may not be getting emails. Cheers!

Reactions: jointeffort
hey james-mav
that looks great, iv got 2 questions
does it fit the iphone plus, its really awfull to take in and out of the RC
does it work with the ipad pro 12"

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

hey james-mav
does it fit the iphone plus, its really awful to take in and out of the RC

The XL will clamp anything between 2-11" across (from top to bottom in landscape mode).

I do have a smaller clamp I just got for cell phone sizes between 3-4.5". It's not listed yet, but will be an option.

hey james-mav
does it fit the iphone plus, its really awfull to take in and out of the RC

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Aerial, I think jbuzalic was asking about the DirtyJDesign mount. I use the DirtyJDesign mount with a ipad mini4 but I'm sure it would work with your iphone plus. They also have a larger mount but I can't imagine using it with anything larger then a mini ipad. I've previously stated that if I had to do it again then I'd go with the MavMount since the DirtyJDesign is pretty flimsy. It tips over when I put it down which gets old & I'm just not sure how long its going to hold up. I saw someone use his lanyard to keep it from tipping backwards but mine is not heavy enough. Watch the assembly video below for the DirtyJDesign to get a better idea. It comes in a box & you have to put it together which is not apparent on the video describing the mount.

Last edited:
I just got to the DirtyJDesign mount, it cheap but will do for the moment. I would like the MavMount but the $31 shipping to Australia is very expensive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

View attachment 3001 I just clip in the iPad , pretty simple and easy to use and see , without any extra mounts .You just need a short iPad lead to connect to the remote not shown in pic .The Mav mount looks good but it's getting away from the simplicity of the Mavic and why I sold my Inspire. I'm trying to reduce my kit , not add to it. IMHO
img_5392-jpg.3001

That's how I use my iPad most of the time. It's actually very comfortable in the hand this way. The main reason I am getting the Mavmount is because I think that will be more comfortable when using the hi-aerial hood (similar to hoodman).

I remember your email, and replied to you immediately. Check your spam, when we changed our ip from standard to SSL secure for credit card transactions, some mail services might have marked it as suspicious. I'll PM you here too since you may not be getting emails. Cheers!
No spam. No email. Earlier today Bill says it must have been "Potentially an error with the cart software." Still no tracking number. So you guys might want to follow up if you don't get a confirmation email right away. I'll let you guys know what I think of the mount after I get it...

After using the MavMount for a day I went back to my original setup.

iPad 4 with Hoodman mounted to the RC, smaller, lighter and very secure.

View attachment 3021
Unfortunately, the Hoodman "snout" as I call it is not permitted in Canada because of the "line of sight" rule. I checked and Transport Canada does not consider it compliant to the LOS rule if you are using it. Pity because it looks really good for bright days.

Unfortunately, the Hoodman "snout" as I call it is not permitted in Canada because of the "line of sight" rule. I checked and Transport Canada does not consider it compliant to the LOS rule if you are using it. Pity because it looks really good for bright days.
I don't think anyone, anywhere, is going to care about that. We have a LOS rule here too... with a drone so small that I cant see it 100 yards away, and can travel 10k feet from me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329