DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone use the MavMount for iPad?

OK, I think I'm following. Black/Black ships this week. Thank you for the fast reply.
No problem. Excited to get you your mavmount asap, and thanks for understanding my challenges with christmas orders going nuts. It's really exciting to see great feedback coming in.. and that just makes me excited to get more of them out.

Last edited:
OK, I have had my MavMount for 2 weeks, and I love it. So glad to get my iPad Air2 back in service as I really love the large screen, the phone & controller squeezes all of the options into a small space and makes it hard to get the exact info you need FAST. I have tried it in both orientations, above and below the controller, and I like above better. With the tablet above I can't see the controller screen but that isn't a problem as all the info is on the tablet screen anyway. With the hood on you have more options for angle adjustment in that position, and I have added a ring to the ball to snap a neck strap to, works well. The below the controller position allows you to rest the bottom of the tablet on your forearms and you can see the controller screen, but not with a hood on the tablet, and a neck strap would cut right across the middle of the screen. One good thing is I leave the MavMount on the controller in my bag, and I have added a large rubber band across the arms which 'lock' the mavmount so it doesn't move, (I do unscrew the tablet holder) and setup is just as fast as using your phone. This is the 3rd mount I have tried and the last as I feel it is as good as you can get.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aerial West
Incidentally folks, the version shipping now (just got mine recently) is using a completely different mount. The mount point is now in the middle instead of the bottom, and swivels with a ratcheting rotating 1/4" socket to fasten to the ball on the base. Unfortunately, the swivel tends to move causing the iPad to rotate but the design does place the iPad lower and it is adjustable up and down in the mount arm.

Incidentally folks, the version shipping now (just got mine recently) is using a completely different mount. The mount point is now in the middle instead of the bottom, and swivels with a ratcheting rotating 1/4" socket to fasten to the ball on the base. Unfortunately, the swivel tends to move causing the iPad to rotate but the design does place the iPad lower and it is adjustable up and down in the mount arm.
Mind posting a picture?

If you're using the xl clamp, which from your description it seems like it, you are using the wrong 1/4th connection. There IS the solid mount at the bottom. Please use that threaded connection.

I'm happy to chat via here or e-mail to get you set up correctly.

Liek was said there is more then one place to mount the ball too. The bottom is the common but the middle (which seems like your using) is to lower the tablet so you can see the remote screen. That was requested at some users request but is not the normal or ideal (balance) place to mount it.

Mind posting a picture?

This is the mount. The slider in the middle is the "glitchy" one. It has a one way ratchet that can't be adjusted and allows the iPad to rotate (too easily). It doesn't matter how far up or down you slide it, it doesn't "balance." Otherwise this would be a nice mount. (The blue one is even nicer.)

Attachments

• IMG_0170.JPG
    IMG_0170.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0171.JPG
    IMG_0171.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 171
This is the mount. The slider in the middle is the "glitchy" one. It has a one way ratchet that can't be adjusted and allows the iPad to rotate (too easily). It doesn't matter how far up or down you slide it, it doesn't "balance." Otherwise this would be a nice mount. (The blue one is even nicer.)

Did you read the post where you can screw it into the bottom?

Also depending on whcih picture your looking at you might be looking at the picture for the small 4 to 6" tablet or phone vs. The one you bought slider is for the larger size with the slider.

MavMount – Mavic iPad Tablet Adapter

But yours hasnt changed its the same.

Yes, you ordered an XL clamp... That is definitely not the one I am using for the ipad mini in the videos.

Every picture for the XL clamp is screwed in from the bottom. use that one and you'll have a much better experience for sure. Sorry for any confusion.

Reactions: dupuisdaddyo
I ordered the 2"-11" mount. Have not tried the bottom mount. When it came (it has no instructions), the center mount is clearly meant to be the mount point so that is what I have tried to work with. Why would it be there if not to be used. When the weather permits, I will be trying the bottom mount but there does not seem to be any way to remove the sliding mount. I'm sure future mods will overcome this. I'm hoping the bottom mount has better bnalance and the ratcheting issue won't apply.

I ordered the 2"-11" mount. Have not tried the bottom mount. When it came (it has no instructions), the center mount is clearly meant to be the mount point so that is what I have tried to work with. Why would it be there if not to be used. When the weather permits, I will be trying the bottom mount but there does not seem to be any way to remove the sliding mount. I'm sure future mods will overcome this. I'm hoping the bottom mount has better bnalance and the ratcheting issue won't apply.

Well, i designed the mavmount. The XL mount is to be used from the bottom.

You don't have to remove the center mount. The bottom mount absolutely has better balance. If you look at any picture on the site of the XL clamp you'll see it being used that way.

IMG_8638.jpg

IMG_8651.jpg

31 dollars for delivery in australia that is ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
I actually charge you guys less than what I pay! Check this out.

if you have a great alternative, i can look into it for sure.

australia1.jpg

Reactions: grinder and davidws

I'm not sure how much of this post you have read but "Aerial West" user is the creator and or owner of this device/company. As we already know and he has said above it was designed to be in the bottom. The middle mount was designed to bring the screen down (smaller screens) and allow the factory LCD screen on the remote to be viewed above the tablet. But the designer (and others) have said you don't need to view the factory remote LCD screen as all that info is on the tablet and they prefer (and was designed) to be bottom mounted so the tablet is higher up and covers over the top of the original LCD. There is even a video how to use "Dual Screen" if you choose. That's the factory LCD screen and your tablet screen. Watch this video for that info.

Also in the video he is using the smaller mount for the smaller tablets or phones. 4.4 to 5.6". Yes you have the 2-11" or larger mount bracket. The mounting and holes are the same for both. Center or bottom. And the whole lower half is the same.

Was about to ask the same thing :)
It varies depending on what is ordered up to pound i guess with different clamps. but the question is, is there a service you find is better typically. on my end, streamlined in better, since I'm just one guy and it's easy to get overwhelmed, and i want to keep shipping going quickly. I hate backorders and lead times. switching services and driving to different drop offs might not be practical just yet.

It varies depending on what is ordered up to pound i guess with different clamps. but the question is, is there a service you find is better typically. on my end, streamlined in better, since I'm just one guy and it's easy to get overwhelmed, and i want to keep shipping going quickly. I hate backorders and lead times. switching services and driving to different drop offs might not be practical just yet.
Just say we would order the xl version, just looking at some freight forwarding options or alternative shipping services.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Well, i designed the mavmount. The XL mount is to be used from the bottom.

You don't have to remove the center mount. The bottom mount absolutely has better balance. If you look at any picture on the site of the XL clamp you'll see it being used that way.

View attachment 3935

View attachment 3934

Correct indeed. A much different and better feel when mounted from the bottom and the iPad doesn't rotate this way. That was the biggest grief factor with the middle mount. I find the balance much better as well. A suggestion when you ship this - add a sheet of paper to clarify this difference. I would also recommend updating your online photo because the photo online does not show the slider and when I received it, I assumed the new "thing" meant that was how it was to be mounted.

The product works very well when using the bottom mount. Thanks for creating it. The metal mount really makes this a quality mount over any of the 3D-printed gizmos. I prefer using the larger screen (old eyeballs) so being able to use the iPad is a large convenience factor for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi