DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Avegant Glyph & Mavic connection options other than Nvidia Shield

telvis

Reactions
I want to use my new Avegant Glyph headset while I fly my Mavic. I am an Apple guy and I have a nice iPad mini that I use for normal flying but obviously it won't work for this. I know the Nvidia shield has the HDMI output I need but I don't want to spend $200 + on a tablet I will only use for flying with my Glyphs. Has anyone has success with less expensive tablets that will work for the Mavic and Glyph setup?

Thanks!
Tim

I want to use my new Avegant Glyph headset while I fly my Mavic. I am an Apple guy and I have a nice iPad mini that I use for normal flying but obviously it won't work for this. I know the Nvidia shield has the HDMI output I need but I don't want to spend $200 + on a tablet I will only use for flying with my Glyphs. Has anyone has success with less expensive tablets that will work for the Mavic and Glyph setup?

Thanks!
Tim
Bottom line is that you'll need some sort of HDMI out. There is a thread somewhere on here where a guy bought some cheap handheld game controller which had HDMI output.

I have been looking for used Shields. I haven't found many at a decent price. One guy had one on craigslist locally but it had a bunch of cracks in the screen and problems holding a charge... He was asking $50!!! I can buy a new one for $199! I will probably end up buying a new Shield but I hate to spend $200 on a tablet won't use except for occasional flying.

I'm not a gamer and I have never used an android based tablet. I have read through some of the threads for alternative solutions but they seem cumbersome and frankly, I'm not as technologically savvy as many of the folks here. I just want to use my new Glyphs to fly my Mavic sometimes. Right now I'm using them for movies which is pretty awesome! I just want to expand their usefulness without breaking the bank.

I've been looking into this issue as well. I just got my mavic pro and I've had a glyph. I wonder if using any tablet with and HDMI out would do. The ASUS Transformer has an HDMI out and can be found for about $80 on Ebay. Anybody have experience with this tablet for glyph/mavic hookup?

I've been looking into this issue as well. I just got my mavic pro and I've had a glyph. I wonder if using any tablet with and HDMI out would do. The ASUS Transformer has an HDMI out and can be found for about $80 on Ebay. Anybody have experience with this tablet for glyph/mavic hookup?
I would say "No"...any tablet will not work. There's also a 2nd part to the equation, the tablet needs to be able to process the data (i.e. run the DGI Go app) and I do not think that the cheap models will accomplish this task. Always remember, "you get what you pay for" and do you want to take the chance flying a $1,000 device on some 2nd hand $80 tablet.

I would say "No"...any tablet will not work. There's also a 2nd part to the equation, the tablet needs to be able to process the data (i.e. run the DGI Go app) and I do not think that the cheap models will accomplish this task. Always remember, "you get what you pay for" and do you want to take the chance flying a $1,000 device on some 2nd hand $80 tablet.

Yup. Can't argue against that. Thanks.

Reactions: Slayerstwin
Watch ebay, i bought a barely used in the box one for 150 shipped works perfect with my G's which i love using riding on a plane and watching a "plane" fly thru the air.

C.A.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78