DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Backpack for Mavic Pro and Camera Gear

I'm specifically looking for something that will hold a lot of gear plus the Mavic when I'm traveling.
Take a look at my post several before this. That will give you an idea as to what I can fit in my 250. I'm leaving for Scotland for 12 days and everything I need fits in that bag. Wore it for a 15 mile hike last week and it was brilliant! The rain cover is a massive benefit. Good luck.

Reactions: dslater
Wore it for a 15 mile hike last week and it was brilliant!
I find that for anything but very short hikes/rides the uneven weight distribution of the single strap on the Slingshot makes it uncomfortable. Am I missing a trick? Am I doing it wrong?

Try thinktankphoto.com backpacks and travel cases. I particularly like the Airport Essentials line for those days you need way too much gear.

Best bag, shoulder bags, backpacks and sling for DJI Mavic Pro drone • Think Tank Photo

I'll second this, they're able to fit a LOT of gear - and the Solo bags are very cheap on sale. I use the one I got for my Solo.
It carries Solo and Controller with FPVLR antenna + 7 Batteries, the Mavic + 4 batteries in the FlyMore bag fit in a side compartment, MacBook, iPad, chargers for all things, GoPro + accessories in "medium EVA case" on eBay/Amazon, and the GoPro poles, 6" acrylic dome.
If you were just taking a Mavic this bag would easily work for travelling "carry-on only" with all your clothes, gear & the drone in one bag.

I've also done plenty of travel with the Oakley Kitchen Sink bag, it's a solid bag, but very heavy itself, and though it looks badass and held up to years of abuse, it doesn't hold as much as I'd expect for the size and weight.... but it is comfortable and looks great (the metal front plate and the cable loop on the top flap can draw attention from security scanners though). The buckles look awesome and work really well. It doesn't really have any compartments though.

DSLR camera ruck sack is a good choice for the Mavic. I use a Tamerac expedition x5 together with the "semi hard" cases. you get plenty of protection and plenty of pockets. Picked my one up from eBay for £30.

You guys must be hardcore photographers. I stick my Mavic in a hard case into a CamelBak and call it good. The phone is my DSLR, lol!!

You guys must be hardcore photographers. I stick my Mavic in a hard case into a CamelBak and call it good. The phone is my DSLR, lol!!
No really. I just like looking the part! haha Trust me; the mavic gets thrown in a sling pack and taken on mountain bike rides all the time. The pack is more for hiking and things like that.

I was also looking for a replacement as I want to bring along my filters and my Moverios in a single bag. Sadly couldnt fit before in the fly more bag. ( I will be selling that one ).
So I was shopping around a bag which was small enough to wear around and big enough to carry my gear.

We this one was the perfect for me. Its a sling that can be worn on either side, has a nice opening and roomy to fit everything, the mavic, 3 batteries, controller, charger, hub, ipad, memory cards etc.
Its really well design and has life warranty.

Its called Every day Sling from Peak Design.

Linky below:

Everyday Sling

Attachments

• IMG_8794.JPG
    IMG_8794.JPG
    775.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_8795.JPG
    IMG_8795.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_8796.JPG
    IMG_8796.JPG
    959.3 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: austindave
You really can't go wrong with the LowePro ProTactic 350AW if you have quite a bit of gear this bag is my favorite. It also has Molle to add more pouches or setups.

Mavic in hard case, RC in hard case, full set of Blades, 4 MP batteries, AC charger with 4 battery port charger, Nikon D5500 DSLR With a 300mm lens in pocket and one mounted on camera. Battery charger for Camera, car Charger for MP, Lens cleaner items... Extra SD cards and not sure what else I have thrown in there.

6d84d55106119374ac3eb6c9367932bf.jpg

I have room for landing pad and full size iPad 3, zipper compartments on lid I haven't used yet. I also have 2 zipper pockets on waist strap. 4 zipper compartments on sides of bags and on back I have Molle Straps where I added an additional bag and a hard case to protect Arris XL Landing Skid and Polar Pro 6 Lens cases.

1f27450b662448630b977dd86c9ce5ff.jpg

540e5b47392fadf5fd562d801f7cdcef.jpg

Reactions: hookalakupua
I’ve been through a few bags, in search of the right all-round pack to carry my Mavic. While I’ve not found one that works entirely (although, each time I say “the next one will be IT!”), I have found numerous posts of other’s experience really helpful.

When I first got the Mavic, the single most important thing was protecting it, given how much I’d just spent. I’d bought the Fly More Combo and while the shoulder bag is impressive for what it can fit, I couldn’t help thinking that the overriding design criteria had been to show how small a bundle it could all be packed into. Things were just a bit too snug and the way the props would catch on the bag, when pulling the MP in and out bothered me. So…

Case #2. I found a relatively cheap, hard shell case, with the tailored-cut foam insert. Nice. Snug. Good protection. That said, I quickly realised a couple things. Firstly, that while it fits the entire Fly More Combo contents with ease, ownership of a Mavic comes with significant “accessory creep” — ND filters, tablet, tablet holder, landing gear extender… — and once the initial contents of the Fly More are in there, you’re quickly out of space (even if you jettison the charger and a few other things). The second thing is that most of my use involves either walking or cycling to use the MP and a suitcase type case — even a small one — isn’t ideal. The end result is that I’ve used this fine case just about never.

On to Case #3. I did more googling and searching and found excellent reviews for the Lowepro Slingshot Edge 150 AW. It really is a great case. Surprisingly roomy. Very well made. The magic of this case is that there’s not a hundred pockets, where you can’t find things (or assume you’ve left something at home, only to have it turn up in a pocket you’d missed). You open the main compartment and you’ve got the Mavic, all the batteries, and the RC. The other compartment holds filters, tablet, tablet holder. It’s all there, but all with cushioned bumpers to protect things. I created a strap to join the twin zips on the bottom to make the main compartment on the bottoms easier/quicker to open. I can also pack the MP without having to use the landing gear extenders, which I need for the majority of flights I do. But on anything other than a short walk, the fact that it’s a sling case, with all the weight on one shoulder, makes it uncomfortable. So, a new criteria for the next case was something that evenly distributes the weight — a back pack!

Case #4. So, I’ve got a few backpacks. All I needed was a bit more protection, so I bought a pair of EVA cases, one for the RC, the other for the Mavic. They cost next to nothing! All that was needed was to find protection for there rest of the gear (the mounting collection of accessories) and all set.

After having used this for awhile now, it’s not without it’s drawbacks. Frequently when I’m using the MP, I want to be able to get it up in the air, then packed asap. This is by far the most fiddly of the options I’ve tried as there’s lots of zippers and then nestling things into the tight EVA cases. The cases are snug, so I also have to remove the USB cable and stow it, then remove the landing gear extenders.

So, the search continues, but the criteria for my ideal pack is…

- One pack that holds everything (otherwise I’ll forget stuff).
- Easy to carry and evenly distributes the weight (a backpack)
- Not fiddly - easy access to a couple central compartments, with bumpers
- Good ventilation on the back (it gets very hot here in summer).
- Good quality build
- Waterproof (or with an included rainproof shell)
- Lightweight

So, that’s the criteria…until I get my next pack (probably another LowePro, based on some of the comments in this thread).

Thanks. I did have a look. It's certainly a contender!
Yes, I have the Lowepro Viewpoint AW250 and love it as well. Really nicely made and I even fit my DJI Goggles, 3 sets of modified antenna, boosters, many lipo and lihv packs, bike pump and spares, etc. I use it daily to ride my bike to work and I often fly my Mavic at lunch time.

Reactions: hookalakupua
for those with the ViewPoint BP 250 AW | Lowepro.
Has anyone made or found a different bottom case that fits in the bottom compartment?Which looks to have 3/4" play in height and width(not in length)
it seems to me the stock case it came with could be a 1/2" higher because when zippered shut it put too much pressure on the MP motors

I'm looking at getting a backpack for a mavic pro. It will also need to hold camera gear (camera body, lenses, etc.), a laptop, GoPro and gear for it, chargers, batteries, etc. A lot of stuff. Any recommendations for a relatively cheap charging backpack?

If you can, you better consider a professional camera backpack. For example Lowepro ProTactic BP 350 AW II backpack, Vanguard Alta SKY 51D. Otherwise, you can choose a cheaper but well-padded backpack, such as Jansport, YOREPEK TSA.

I use this

with this inside holding my mavic

I also put my laptop, DSLR With 3 lenses, gopro, and 360 cam inside as well along with their accessories.

Its been my go to setup for along time now and has been in and out of a million airports.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2