DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Backup drive for saving sd cards in the field

Holy Hell!

I search for something like this every six months or so and have found workarounds, Raspberry Pi devices with drives attached, open-source software and other "hacks" but nothing that I was interested in fiddling around with. This thread reminded me to do my semi-annual hunt for a solution and I found something new.

I am going to do a little more research on it as it looks like it checks all my boxes.
If so, I'll buy it and update the thread in several weeks.

Reactions: mavic3usa
Why not get a USB C hub with SD card slot which can work with a OTG compatible Android phone, then just use the phone to copy everything to an external SSD drive plugged into the same USB Hub as the SD card?​

Holy Hell!

I search for something like this every six months or so and have found workarounds, Raspberry Pi devices with drives attached, open-source software and other "hacks" but nothing that I was interested in fiddling around with. This thread reminded me to do my semi-annual hunt for a solution and I found something new.

I am going to do a little more research on it as it looks like it checks all my boxes.
I saw these listed at B&H and I just didn't see enough reviews on them to give them a shot, especially at those prices. By all means, let us know what you find out and how you like it. I would suspect if you are a professional and you do all types of video and photos work in large volumes using all kinds of media, they are most suitable especially if you need more controls and flexibility.

Holy Hell!

Did you invest in one? I can see it but is there an onboard battery? The B&H is much that their prices

Why not get a USB C hub with SD card slot which can work with a OTG compatible Android phone, then just use the phone to copy everything to an external SSD drive plugged into the same USB Hub as the SD card?​
This is an interesting option. Do you have a link to the hub you mention?

I have a Samsung T7 2TB, just plugged it into my phone and it shows up perfectly in my file explorer. Same with my RC Pro. No external power necessary.

Reactions: Jiker69