DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bag Thread

fakbik

Reactions
I had a Peak Design Sling 5L for the Mavic Pro. The bag was perfect as it was made for it. I could fit filters, 3 batteries, extra props, the quad charger, and a tablet.

BUT, I'm noticing that the new Mavic 2 Pro is ever too long to fit properly.

Does anyone have a bag similar that would work here? I really liked how small it was while being able to carry literally all I needed for the drone when traveling.

I also figured you could share bags that work for your own needs as well. There's already 2 bags complaining about the official DJI one on here, lets get a 3rd party thread going.

That LowePro is a tad to big for my tastes.

An update on the peak design: I managed to barely make it fit in sideways with the dividers removed. The batteries barely fit in the side pockets and the charger and cables fit in the front and top pouch. Tablet still fits fine.

Last edited:
So here was the bag I was talking about. It's quite small, meant to be worn as a sling but can also be worn around the waist as well if you're cycling for instance. It was made with the Mavic in mind but also doubles as a light mirrorless camera bag. I bring my iPad mini 4 to fly, but you can fit up to an 11" tablet in it. I've had this bag for over a year now and can say the material holds up really really well. Its durable and I'm glad I was able to make it work for the newer Mavic 2. Below you can see how I managed to fit in 2 spare batteries, the quad charger, a full set of props (in a Mavic 1 felt prop pouch). I didn't take out the stuff like spare wires and cards and my tablet isn't pictured but it all fits nicely and is easy to access.
I may use one of the dividers to separate the controller and drone later but right now it's not bothering me that there is contact as its a pretty snug fit when you zip up the bag.
hero_5l.jpg _7R38523.jpg _7R38524.jpg

Reactions: mavicfly and Whack
4406FBBF-E58F-4808-AD23-C66A773228CE.jpeg 7550E204-25C7-4D91-B705-21F2A50CEFA8.jpeg
So here was the bag I was talking about. It's quite small, meant to be worn as a sling but can also be worn around the waist as well if you're cycling for instance. It was made with the Mavic in mind but also doubles as a light mirrorless camera bag. I bring my iPad mini 4 to fly, but you can fit up to an 11" tablet in it. I've had this bag for over a year now and can say the material holds up really really well. Its durable and I'm glad I was able to make it work for the newer Mavic 2. Below you can see how I managed to fit in 2 spare batteries, the quad charger, a full set of props (in a Mavic 1 felt prop pouch). I didn't take out the stuff like spare wires and cards and my tablet isn't pictured but it all fits nicely and is easy to access.
I may use one of the dividers to separate the controller and drone later but right now it's not bothering me that there is contact as its a pretty snug fit when you zip up the bag.
View attachment 44852 View attachment 44853 View attachment 44854
I bought this bag thinking it would fit with the drone standing up. I set mine up somewhat similar to yours, but I used one of the dividers to make a little tunnel for the batteries. Put the drone on top and the RC on the side.
7550E204-25C7-4D91-B705-21F2A50CEFA8.jpeg4406FBBF-E58F-4808-AD23-C66A773228CE.jpeg

Reactions: mavicfly and Whack
Another option is a LowePro Format BP II. I got mine new off eBay awhile back for $29.98. Here's a shot of it in my hand and with my MP2 in it. For comparison, here's the new DJI bag I got with my Fly More combo. The DJI bag is about 1/4 smaller than the LowePro and currently costs $48.95 on Amazon. The LowePro comes with velcro dividers you can use to segregate batteries, cables, chargers, etc. from the quad.

20180901_124030.jpg 20180901_124121.jpg 20180901_124226.jpg

Reactions: Colbymh
For now this thing will live in my Think Tank Streetwalker Roller bag.

09012018-166055-jpg.44910

Attachments

• 09012018.166055.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 255
I had a Peak Design Sling 5L for the Mavic Pro. The bag was perfect as it was made for it. I could fit filters, 3 batteries, extra props, the quad charger, and a tablet.

BUT, I'm noticing that the new Mavic 2 Pro is ever too long to fit properly.

Does anyone have a bag similar that would work here? I really liked how small it was while being able to carry literally all I needed for the drone when traveling.

I also figured you could share bags that work for your own needs as well. There's already 2 bags complaining about the official DJI one on here, lets get a 3rd party thread going.
I really like the Lowepro bags myself. For my Mavic Pro I've used the Viewpoint BP 250 AW. It carries the MP and RC in a separate bag in one compartment and all the batteries, accessories, tablet, logbook, and landing pad in others. It's been perfect. But it's a little too small to fit the new M2P. So I upgraded to the Lowepro Droneguard BP 250 with adjustable compartments. Whether I have it set up perfectly yet is an open question but it has all the room needed for the drone, six (6) batteries, accessories, and the like for a complete kit. And it's literally the same size as the pack I've been using for the last year or so.

Backpacks and cases for gear are really personal choice items. There's no right or wrong or best. And unfortunately it sometimes takes a closet full of purchases to figure out what you like. And on that topic... anyone want to buy a used camera bag? lol.

I have a larger Manfrotto bag for my mirrorless & Osmo mobile 2 set up and it's a nice bit of kit. Bit too big for what I have in mind for the M2 Pro but something like this could be just the job (approx. cost €45 to €55) being water repellent is a nice touch.
Street camera shoulder bag for CSC, water-repellent
Polar Pro offering might be just what I need
Minimalist Case | Mavic 2

Last edited:
I really like the Lowepro bags myself. For my Mavic Pro I've used the Viewpoint BP 250 AW. It carries the MP and RC in a separate bag in one compartment and all the batteries, accessories, tablet, logbook, and landing pad in others. It's been perfect. But it's a little too small to fit the new M2P. So I upgraded to the Lowepro Droneguard BP 250 with adjustable compartments. Whether I have it set up perfectly yet is an open question but it has all the room needed for the drone, six (6) batteries, accessories, and the like for a complete kit. And it's literally the same size as the pack I've been using for the last year or so.

Backpacks and cases for gear are really personal choice items. There's no right or wrong or best. And unfortunately it sometimes takes a closet full of purchases to figure out what you like. And on that topic... anyone want to buy a used camera bag? lol.

@2020HeinSite

Would love if you could share some pics of your bag. Particularly curious to see it loaded and half opened up to see how it all fits. Thanks in advance!

Is the M2P/Zoom bag,same size as MP1 bag?
Can anyone w/ both bags confirm......thnx.

Thanks to another member who was smart enough to figure it out I'm back to using the mavic air fly more bag. Everything fits when packed properly. Nothing is stuffed... plenty of room.

@2020HeinSite , thanks for the heads up on the differences. I want a bag to carry my laptop and M2P at times and was on the fence about the Viewpoint BP 250 or the DroneGuard BP 250. I like the idea of the case within a case of the Viewpoint but an m2p doesn't fit, it just doesn't fit. I too would like to see a pic of your DroneGuard loaded up with your goodies to get a visual of the room inside. Thanks!

@2020HeinSite , thanks for the heads up on the differences. I want a bag to carry my laptop and M2P at times and was on the fence about the Viewpoint BP 250 or the DroneGuard BP 250. I like the idea of the case within a case of the Viewpoint but an m2p doesn't fit, it just doesn't fit. I too would like to see a pic of your DroneGuard loaded up with your goodies to get a visual of the room inside. Thanks!
I watched many reviews about droneguard 250 and i ordered it.
I wanted bag with good protection on my mavic and other staff with a lot of space for tablet something to eat and drink. Watch this review:

Reactions: wsettle
Regarding Peak Design's Every Day Sling bag--thanks for sharing photos of how it fits the Mavic 2. I really want to get the smaller (5L) bag but am debating on whether to go with the 10L in order to fit 3 extra batteries, filters and spare props. Are the new batteries too large to fit in the flexible pockets @fakbik or anyone else who has the 5L and Mavic 2?

Reviewing the folded dimensions of the old and new Mavic's, it seems the biggest increase is the length is just over half an inch longer:
L214mm x W91mm x H84mm (mavic 2)
L198mm x W83mm x H83mm (mavic 1)
L16mm x W8mm x H1mm new mavic is larger
length .63" x width .3" x height .04" inches

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes