DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Recharge Question

Slowgo

Reactions
The Manuel says not to recharged the battery right away but to let it rest before charging. I think this is so the battery can cool down but i am not sure. My question is how long after landing do I need to wait before i can recharge it? I only have the one battery and its hard to wait!!

The Manuel says not to recharged the battery right away but to let it rest before charging. I think this is so the battery can cool down but i am not sure. My question is how long after landing do I need to wait before i can recharge it? I only have the one battery and its hard to wait!!

It would be best to leave the battery until it feels cold to the touch, but if you're in a hurry, then it's fine to wait around 5 -10 minutes after landing to charge it again. Just note that if you do this often, it WILL shorten the life span of the battery..

My advice would be to buy additional batteries if you really need the flight time...

Reactions: Slowgo
Well first off you should condition your batteries by using the rule of thumb 50 /10
Discharging to only about 50 percent for the first 10 flights.

Then if you plan on getting more batteries then any degradation that will be caused by charging immediately after flying will be negated by having more batteries to use /fly with.

Reactions: pdks and Slowgo
I do have more battery's on order. I thought with Lipo battery's that you do not need to worry about the 50/10 or any type of break in cycle? I have been waiting 30min after landing before charging but as soon as charging is done have been using it right away. Is this okay or do i need to let it sit after fully charged before flying again?

Reactions: Mark Baker
No need to wait after a charge.

I remember that my P3 batteries had a heat sensor that would not allow the battery to start charging until it was cooled down, even if placed on the charger. Does the Mavic batteries have the same feature? As I started with 4 batteries mine are always cool by the time I get home and charge them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronecc