DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Became more complicated than fun... Sold it!

Wow! Hey you Elders could you please stop posting these wonderful machines?!

Wow! Hey you Elders could you please stop posting these wonderful machines?!

Let the geezers brag. ;)

I don't blame the OP one bit either. The Mavic is a wonderful machine but DJI has a long way to go to make their system (hardware+software+firmware) solid. They are obviously flying by the seat of their pants with packing/adding features while also squashing bugs that get introduced with the previous versions. They need to adopt a better dev process but if they do, you can forget about getting new features as often. Maybe their process is sound but they just choose the point in the balance that they do. It is frustrating at times and I'd probably ditch it too if I lost $1000 due to a software/firmware bug.

Sorry, but I just don't see it being that complicated. Get an apple iOS product and you have no software/hardware problems, and learn a little bit about basic navigation, watch the you tubes on the dji and Litchi software, and go have fun. About 50 flights in so far and never a problem. But if that's a bit too much for you, there's always shuffleboard.

Reactions: Gp™
Rather be " vette owners do they fly mavics?"
To speak the truth, getting tired of unuseless discussions around here

I see you've got the base Corvette, not even a Z 51, yes, you like your life simple. I think the Mavic is a very clever piece of engineering and requires you to learn a bit. Oh by the way here's my vette, I'm 68:
http://s67.photobucket.com/user/gersly123/media/020390d1dec2cc5c189750fa7a6c7d16.jpg.html][/URL]

Lol!! P'ownage!!! Can't wait to see the comeback from this one. It's pretty bulletproof from my perspective [emoji106][emoji106][emoji469][emoji469][emoji631][emoji631]

Edit: just noticed OP created another post about his base Vette [emoji111]️

Last edited:
Reactions: Sdt09 and Pietros
How difficult is charge batteries, turn on, wait for GPS, fly?

How difficult is charge batteries, turn on, wait for GPS, fly?
I guess it's more complicated than that.
What about if suddenly getting into ATTI mode and you're not so experienced with it?
What about when not flying in LOS and the device's screen freezes or turn black?
And let's suppose everything is just fine for you, no issues nor glitches, and a new firmware goes out and you do the upgrade, but now everything is a little bit different or not just fine as it was?
You bought it for fun, right?

I guess it's more complicated than that.
What about if suddenly getting into ATTI mode and you're not so experienced with it?
What about when not flying in LOS and the device's screen freezes or turn black?
And let's suppose everything is just fine for you, no issues nor glitches, and a new firmware goes out and you do the upgrade, but now everything is a little bit different or not just fine as it was?
You bought it for fun, right?

What about if u have a heart atack? Prepared for that??????
ENJOY WHAT U HAVE BOUGHT. PERIOD

i am here TO LEARN FROM OTHERS
Yes we are but cmon a little fun along the way does not hurt anyone.

If you don't want to join in go sit in a corner and wait for a post you do want to join in with.

Hell the guy is over 80 and does not deserve the BS just because he has the guts to say he is not up to the Mavic.

If it was that easy to fly why are so many pilot errors made that cause lost drones.

Foe most of us its fun, for some it complicated. ( i don't think its so easy myself, depending on where you are flying).

American muscle is fine but can they go round corners yet? :)

Reactions: Clinton1 and ed1nh0
I can understand him.
Lot of issues and too many minutiae to deal with.
Calibrations, mid-air interferences, good settings for the cam, firmware upgrades, more NFZ everyday, increasingly tight laws and let's suppose he's NOT using an Android device... If you're rookie (like me) you can get into paranoia.
Sad but true.

This could eventually push many of us out of the hobby. Its just a matter of time I think.

You, i guess, love your mavic?
If not, sell it, buy something else, maybe a karma, who knows.
Well, i LOVE MY MAVIC PRO, it stands what i was expecting and more.so...... I AM STILL HERE

Reactions: MAVA4
American muscle is fine but can they go round corners yet? :)

Uh, American muscles have been destroying the Germans on road courses for years now. ZL1, Z06, ZR1 to name a few from the bow tie ... I have the last true ///M car, the e92 M3 and it doesn't hold a candle to my C7 Z06 in the corners or anywhere else.. lol [emoji23]

Uh, American muscles have been destroying the Germans on road courses for years now. ZL1, Z06, ZR1 to name a few from the bow tie ... I have the last true ///M car, the e92 M3 and it doesn't hold a candle to my C7 Z06 in the corners or anywhere else.. lol [emoji23]

Dude comparing a corvette to a sports sedan is not a fair comparison... compare it to an Audi R8 or a Ferrari or a Porsche 911. Who won the last 24 hours of Le Mans? Porsche.

Reactions: MAVA4 and Gary cato
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980