DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best brand of tablets works best

IOS has always worked more seamlessly with DJI, the other option that I would consider is the DJI Crystal Sky device, once its released.

I have a first version iPad Mini and it is very laggy when trying to fly. I also have a Nexus 9 tablet (Android) that works very well. The Nexus is bigger than what will fit in the holders on the remote, so you need to have one of the various holders for it. The iPad mini would be the way to go since it fits in the holders.

I have a first version iPad Mini and it is very laggy when trying to fly. I also have a Nexus 9 tablet (Android) that works very well. The Nexus is bigger than what will fit in the holders on the remote, so you need to have one of the various holders for it. The iPad mini would be the way to go since it fits in the holders.

Your original iPad Mini is laggy because it's not compatible with the DJI Go App 4.

I've got all kinds of IPads... Ipad 1 is no longer supported and was laggy even when it was with the Phantom 3. The IPad Air I have is the processing equivalent of the Ipad Mini 2. It worked pretty good, but sometimes I'd get occasional half green screen, momentary freezes, part of the screen not drawing in. Never crashed but it would glitch every now and then.

The IPad Air 2 works flawlessly as does the Ipad Mini 4. Both work great!

I have a nvidia K1 tablet that I use on my inspire 1 and it worked great till I updated to android 7 from android 6, lots of crashes, I bought a used ipad mini 2 and it was terrible compared to the nvidia tablet (pre android 7) I was able to roll back to androd 6 and all is well now with my K1 tablet. So if you're going to get a ipad don't get a mini 2.

running an iPad pro 9" and it works fine. somewhat over priced hardware though. i use it for other things mostly, but it does a nice job on the mavic.

I use a Samsung Tab4 and have no issues at all. Now swap to Litchi on Tab4 for wapoint missions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J