DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best firmware and your reasons why

Just wondering what app version you run with that? I too am on
.400, but have version .5 Android app. I have had no real issues so plan to stay here - kind of wondering if the .4 would be a better choice for my app version. If anyone could shed some light on the I'd appreciate it.
My app version is 4.0.7.

Always updated as soon as a new version was available (starting Nov. 10 when I got it) and never had any issues. I backup my android app versions and update as they come but never needed to actually use a backup either.

For those of you who have no issues whatsoever with the new firmware, (.0600+) have you ever tried turning on your Mavic indoors (props off if necessary), and if so, what appears on your transmitter screen? Just curious.

ATTI/OPTI depending on conditions as usual.
Interesting. The reason I asked that, was since .0600 my screen went to NFZ LIMIT as have many others. I was trying to find a common thread other than firmware if I could.

For those of you who have no issues whatsoever with the new firmware, (.0600+) have you ever tried turning on your Mavic indoors (props off if necessary), and if so, what appears on your transmitter screen? Just curious.
Mavic screen is clear, I do occasionally get a NFZ show on screen until GPS lock at certain places but this has all now gone in since updating to version .700

I like to use the latest firmware version after it's known to be stable. Why? It contains the latest available features and fixes.

I feel the same way. I always run the latest version. I have had no issues with reduced signal nor stability issues. In fact it's quite the opposite for me. I get more features and stability. My range is improved or same with each update DJI is not only adding features, but likely patching bugs that they find with each crash log and other data they review. I can imagine that there are fixes added that don't show up on the few bullet points you see with each update.

I just upgraded to .700 (latest I think?) and am experiencing issue where the gimbal doesn't stabilize when flying left and right. Instead the gimbal angles left or right. I experienced this with .600. The issue fixes itself it seams when you restart everything (mavic, controller, etc.). This just sucks because I'm headed on vacation in a couple weeks and I guess I'm going to have to restart everything everytime I experience this which will only delay the moment I wanna start shooting.

If anyone has any advice/suggestions....I'd appreciate it.

Reactions: tjbarney
Hi guys just would like to hear what firmware version you prefer and why you think it's the best one to use
That's easy. The most recent one. Why, because I don't like having outdated firmware. You might find something that's annoying to you in new firmware, but you may also find something that's disastrous by using old firmware. DJI weighs that in when they access your warranty, but we all knew that right?

Crazy stuff. It sounds like you might have a lemon on your hands if you're experiencing all of those issues.

I experienced the same issues with .500 and then I tried .550 same thing!

.400 is without a doubt the most stable release and it makes sense because it was the last version before they had the Chinese airport incident and did a knee Jerk response of adding in MB's worth of quickly made NFZ code into the firmware.

You can see the versions after .400 were hastily done because different versions produced different NFZ behavior. Other proof can be found in simple things like messing up the landing abort stick. They essentially bypassed the subroutine and it was by sheer luck that the Sports mode button could also cancel it. Then they even screwed up the Mavics theme sound. The list of peoples complaints with .500 to .600 are numerous, from a loss of signal strength which I personally experienced, also lots of gimbal problems which even DJI admits in their fix notes and then we have the disconnects. Also add to the list the hard coding of China as the home point which caused the craft to Not Be able to enter Atti or Opti mode without getting a GPS signal.

Some people will say that some of these things are intentional. I doubt it! Nobody could be stupid enough to remove the UP stick abort or put a NFZ in China as the default home point (IMHO remnant code which I think somebody forgot to remove). If they are doing these things on purpose it's obvious they are coding for a product they have never personally used.

So far .0700 is looking good, but the over use and bugs in the NFZ subroutines is still a major down side.

Rob

Last edited:
.700 works good for me and the range is phenomenal (way way better than .550).

plus Fixed wing mode got me hooked..

DJI weighs that in when they access your warranty, but we all knew that right?

I wish people would stop spreading this false rumor. It has been proven time and time again that the firmware version you run has no bearing on your warranty or the Refresh service.

Reactions: Jamison74
I wish people would stop spreading this false rumor. It has been proven time and time again that the firmware version you run has no bearing on your warranty or the Refresh service.

Chill, Rob..

you know human nature.... getting them to stop spreading unsubstantial rumors/ideas/beliefs is like trying to get a couple not to breed..

haha

Still on .400 before the huge China NFZ update... Also running DJI Go 4 v4.0.3 on android since that was the version that was available right after .400 was released...

The China NFZ update really screws with where you can fly in China as it expands the hard NFZ from 5km to 10km, and extends the NFZ on each end of the runway to 15km... Also, .500 and .550 screwed up the "throttle up to cancel auto landing"... I also fly manually 100% of the time and don't need all the "smart" features offered by the current or later firmware.

.700 got no issues except the annoying NFZ before you got a gps lock, others I got no issues with it, normal distance no crashing, gimbal tilt reduced. I'm satisfied with .700 so far

All the NFZ instances, loss of connection (could be app issues?), reduced signal strength, resolved when FW rolled back, various erratic flight control issues.
The mere fact that you're re-loading firmware onto a chip can increase the risk of data corruption. I'm not saying I never update anything, I just pick my battles if you will.
The gain vs risk scenario is something I run through my head. What will I gain by updating and is it worth increasing the risk I may experience the issues others are reporting.
All it takes is one of those 1's or 0's being out of order in the code and I've got an expensive brick falling outta the sky.

I concur... well said! Thumbswayup

Reactions: Dw911

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa