DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Blue sUAS Problems and Florida DMS Secretary Accused of Pimping for Skydio"

Vic Moss

Premium Pilot
Reactions
This is a long video (1:25), but worth the time if you want to know the truth behind the anti-DJI sentiment in D.C (& state legislatures).

While this is a Florida Senate Committee hearing, the same thing needs to be said in D.C. I'm certainly going to do this if given the chance.

If you don't have the time to watch the whole thing (it's worth it if you can) just watch the first 10 minutes. The Committee Chair lays out the issues with the Country of Origin ban, and later on (39:30) Senator Pizzo really tells it like it is, and holds nothing back.

This is what we're up against in the U.S. Politicians (& in this case, gov't employees) have let their zeal of anti-Chinese sentiment cloud their common sense. And with Skydio being the forerunner of the lobbying effort behind this attempt, it's obvious that money does talk in the halls of legislatures across the country. Florida is just one example of what we fight.

You can't raise industry standards by cutting the legs off of the industry leader. And don't be fooled, Skido and Brinc are behind this. That's not even a secret.

Worth the listen, trust me. But if you're on high blood pressure meds, make sure you're up on your doses before you listen. 😉

Thanks for sharing and lookin' out for us Vic.

I'll double up on the meds before watching.

Please consult your doctor first... 😉😂

This is a long video (1:25), but worth the time if you want to know the truth behind the anti-DJI sentiment in D.C (& state legislatures).
It's a breath of fresh air to hear the Chairman Wright speaking sense about the actual risks rather than the misinformation and myths that are so commonly spread (even in this forum).

Thanks again Vic for sharing. 👍

Too windy to fly, so the dog and I went for a walk while we watched / listened to the clip.

I agree with Meta4 with the uses of the drones by the different agencies.

Reactions: kesteloo
Fantastic! Wright and Pizzo kicked butt. Of course their target (Allende) showed up completely unprepared. Not a single piece of evidence that DJI drones present a security risk. Very interesting to hear the various uses from crime to mosquitoes.

One officer mentioned his department with a year and a half flying 63 DJI drones and not one loss. There are certain areas in which the US needs to subsidize manufacturing. Chip manufacturing is being addressed. Get rid of ethanol corn subsidies and put that money into growing our drone manufacturing capabilities.

Thanks so much for sharing that!

Of course, here's the "other" side of the story: Fair and balanced

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic! Wright and Pizzo kicked butt. Of course their target (Allende) showed up completely unprepared. Not a single piece of evidence that DJI drones present a security risk. Very interesting to hear the various uses from crime to mosquitoes.

One officer mentioned his department with a year and a half flying 63 DJI drones and not one loss. There are certain areas in which the US needs to subsidize manufacturing. Chip manufacturing is being addressed. Get rid of ethanol corn subsidies and put that money into growing our drone manufacturing capabilities.

Thanks so much for sharing that!

Of course, here's the "other" side of the story: Fair and balanced
Rick Scott is exactly they type of politician I was referring too. 100% political conjecture.

His opinion is garbage backed up only by propaganda and unsubstantiated nonsense.

Last edited:
Thanks, @Vic Moss for sharing this with us. Sen Pizzo rocks! And he is right, there should be more concern about iPhones, Apple watches, and other devices as to DJI drones. And sadly, there are NO American-made drones that can come close to what DJI drones can do.

Reactions: MA2 317
I hope the transcript is more accurate than the captioning. Some of the flubs are almost laughable.

I keep trying to find schedule of when this will be addressed again. Wright says he won't rest until law enforcement gets their drones out of the closet. When is the final vote on this??

While this is a Florida Senate Committee hearing, the same thing needs to be said in D.C. I'm certainly going to do this if given the chance.

If you don't have the time to watch the whole thing (it's worth it if you can) just watch the first 10 minutes. The Committee Chair lays out the issues with the Country of Origin ban, and later on (39:30) Senator Pizzo really tells it like it is, and holds nothing back.

This is what we're up against in the U.S. Politicians (& in this case, gov't employees) have let their zeal of anti-Chinese sentiment cloud their common sense. And with Skydio being the forerunner of the lobbying effort behind this attempt, it's obvious that money does talk in the halls of legislatures across the country. Florida is just one example of what we fight.

You can't raise industry standards by cutting the legs off of the industry leader. And don't be fooled, Skido and Brinc are behind this. That's not even a secret.

Worth the listen, trust me. But if you're on high blood pressure meds, make sure you're up on your doses before you listen. 😉

Thanks for all your time and effort
Oman

Reactions: Vic Moss
I keep trying to find schedule of when this will be addressed again. Wright says he won't rest until law enforcement gets their drones out of the closet. When is the final vote on this??
DeSantis signed it into law Wednesday:

Warning, Ken is pi$$ed, so language is rather terse.

If the Florida state government was truly concerned over Chinese hardware, they would have to ban state agencies from using most computers and every iPhone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure