DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Breaking now! Return sticks to midpoints first.

Thank you for your answer. I read that it could happen in RTH mode when you have the sun in front of the drone. When this happends the drone stops and goes up and battery exhausted and drops! That's why I am worry.
This happened to me this morning
I was a couple miles out and when I pressed Return To Home it was facing directly into the rising sun and kept giving me the Braking error and wouldn't budge
I was able to to fly it back manually but braking every few seconds.
It had 6% battery when I finally got it home
Now I'm thinking I probably could have flown it home backwards to avoid the sun

I has this a couple of days back - it didnt really bother me at the time as it didnt effect the Mavic flying and i didnt give it anymore thought till i saw this thread -
Anyway it was the first time ive ever had it, it happened every time i let off the controls, i was flying very low over a field of longish grass and it was just getting dusk the sun had disappeared over the hills in the distance with a slightly red sky, strangely it only happened when flying in one direction, but in parallel to the red side of the sky.
Ive flown at all time of day and night before and its never done it before, so maybe as others have said its to do with the low light of a setting sun

I has this a couple of days back - it didnt really bother me at the time as it didnt effect the Mavic flying and i didnt give it anymore thought till i saw this thread -
Anyway it was the first time ive ever had it, it happened every time i let off the controls, i was flying very low over a field of longish grass and it was just getting dusk the sun had disappeared over the hills in the distance with a slightly red sky, strangely it only happened when flying in one direction, but in parallel to the red side of the sky.
Ive flown at all time of day and night before and its never done it before, so maybe as others have said its to do with the low light of a setting sun
Exactly the same for me. I don't worry too much when it wants to hold still, it's when it flies away that I start to get nervous.

This happened to me this morning
I was a couple miles out and when I pressed Return To Home it was facing directly into the rising sun and kept giving me the Braking error and wouldn't budge
I was able to to fly it back manually but braking every few seconds.
It had 6% battery when I finally got it home
Now I'm thinking I probably could have flown it home backwards to avoid the sun
WHEN SO, CAN WE TURN OFF THE FRONT SENSORS? SERPA GOING BACK TO NORMAL? AND COMPLICATED THAT OCCURS AND WE CAN NOT BRING THE EQUIPMENT BACK.

switch to sport mode... it turns off the front sensors
Yes, but I haven´t battery... It was 3 kilometers... terror !
luckily in the RTH it returned normally. The problem was when I wanted to bring it using the sticks with the control. At the moment I did not remember the sport mode ... but also it would not be so indicated because battery was low.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunatico028