DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Calibrating Mavic Pro

Sparky1963

Reactions
Hi all, looks like I'll be finally receiving my Mavic this week which I ordered October 1, my question is do I need to do a IMU calibration out of the box and is a clean compass calibration required. I would be grateful for any advice. Thanks

You should calibrate the compass. The IMU calibration is not required (unless you get a prompt in DJI GO), but many people like to do it before flying the first time. If you choose not to do it, you could put your Mavic up in the air and see how well it holds its position. If it's stable, then you can skip the IMU calibration.

Reactions: Sparky1963
You should calibrate the compass. The IMU calibration is not required (unless you get a prompt in DJI GO), but many people like to do it before flying the first time. If you choose not to do it, you could put your Mavic up in the air and see how well it holds its position. If it's stable, then you can skip the IMU calibration.
Question concerning Calibration, I had though every time you move say down the street of across town you need to calibrate the compass. I read in the DJI Go 4 Mavic user Manuel that you should not calibrate unless the app indicates you should. Is this correct? Only calibrate when instructed by the app....

Also calibrate you controller. I just find out that this was the reason why my drone was drifting a little bit

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Sparky1963
My Mavic asks for a compass calibration EVERY first flight of the day even though I may be flying from exactly the same place as the last time I flew it. It doesn't matter whether I'm surrounded by houses or in the middle of a field.
Should I be concerned?

I start the controller then the app then turn on the Mavic. As soon as the video becomes live I get a screen in from the left hand side which has the compass "calibration" in a box.

That's just giving you the option to calibrate the compass. It's not suggesting that you do it.

You'll see a message displayed at the top of DJI GO when there is a problem with the compass. In most cases though, it's alerting you that you're near an area that's causing interference and you need to move away.

Check out the Compass Calibration Guide for more details on when the compass should be recalibrated.

Ok so what does the warning look like when you MUST calibrate the compass? Any help appreciated.
You'll see a message displayed at the top of DJI GO when there is a problem with the compass. In most cases though, it's alerting you that you're near an area that's causing interference and you need to move away.

Check out the Compass Calibration Guide for more details on when the compass should be recalibrated.

Oh cheers for that. I've never had one of those but I'll look out for it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoosiergsp