DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

camera replacement

dv8ed

Reactions
I'm still on .200 firmware has anyone replaced camera on older firmware?

If I purchase a new camera it will most likely come with newer firmware. Anyone know if it will work or will I have to update my firmware?

It's been rock solid for me not one single issue.

Only issue I have is I have to touch an inch to right/bottom then all 4 corners is focused sharp. Green circle area I marked below in screen shot. Is that incorrect alignment from factory? I hate to send it in and get a refurbished unit.

qpqs6s.jpg

Last edited:
Thats a factory warranty issue. How long have you had it? Original owner? Have original receipt? How many flights? Any crashes?

I would send it in if you are still under warranty. They will probably give you a new unit in return with an April 2017 build date. That's what they have been doing lately, it just takes 4-6 weeks to get it.

Purchased Jan 4th, 2017. Yes original owner and have Crutchfield receipt also have DJI Refresh. Not sure how many flights a lot basically I fly almost every weekend. Not one crash.

I'll start process right now online. I hope it's a new unit and not refurbished.

Just remember that when you are filling out the online repair request, it's not a Refresh issue, it's a warranty issue. It was not caused by operator error, but a manufacturing defect. If you dont make that clear with DJI, they will charge you $79.

Reactions: dv8ed
From your experience only camera needs to be replaced? or gimbal control board too?

DJI doesnt replace cameras under Refresh or warranty, they send you a whole different drone. If you are paying the bill and arent covered, then they will just replace the gimbal and send the same drone back.

Most damage to the gimbal is done to the gimbal plate, flat ribbon, silver stranded cable, gimbal motor assembly or the gimbal control board. Depends on what happened to it and how long power was left on after a crash. If power is left on, and the gimbal is jammed in an awkward position, it will probably fry the gimbal assembly motors and possibly the board.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myofb89