DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Check ultrasound sensor warning today

Skcorsemaj

Reactions
Just putting this here in case anyone else has a similar circumstance.

Received my mavic back on Thursday so I have been trying to fly as much as possible.

When I received the new Mavic I was prompted to update the firmware so I did. I've read the issues pilots have had with this but I haven't noticed any real issues until today.
I forgot my landing pad so when I got to the creek I film at I took off my jacket and folded it to launch the mavic from.

The first time I tried this I got a notice saying something to the effect of "ultrasound sensors fail initiation please contact DJI for repair".

I thought to myself "haha yeah right I just got this thing back 3 days ago I'm not sending it back"
I restarted the mavic, rc, and the app and got the same message so I launched it and everything immediately cleared up. No red bar at the top of the screen and my aircraft status was normal.

The only thing I can think of is that the metal rings around the "pull rope" for my jacket hood is what caused the interference.

I flew from a few different spots after that without launching from my jacket with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Egika
Just putting this here in case anyone else has a similar circumstance.

Received my mavic back on Thursday so I have been trying to fly as much as possible.

When I received the new Mavic I was prompted to update the firmware so I did. I've read the issues pilots have had with this but I haven't noticed any real issues until today.
I forgot my landing pad so when I got to the creek I film at I took off my jacket and folded it to launch the mavic from.

The first time I tried this I got a notice saying something to the effect of "ultrasound sensors fail initiation please contact DJI for repair".

I thought to myself "haha yeah right I just got this thing back 3 days ago I'm not sending it back"
I restarted the mavic, rc, and the app and got the same message so I launched it and everything immediately cleared up. No red bar at the top of the screen and my aircraft status was normal.

The only thing I can think of is that the metal rings around the "pull rope" for my jacket hood is what caused the interference.

I flew from a few different spots after that without launching from my jacket with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
It sounds like the diagnostics depend on receiving a bounce back sound to determine if they function or not. Your jacket absorbed those sounds. When it took off, it was able to hear the US sounds again and hence cleared up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bowyerv