DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Chicago burbs checking in

cplmac

Reactions
Ordered my Mavic Pro on Amazon today, so technically won't be a pilot until Tuesday. Never owned or flown drones before so hopefully the Mavic is as idiot proof as it seems. I'll check back in Tuesday.

Reactions: dirkclod
It is not idiot proof .Might be a good idea to watch all the
You Tubes on it and read all you can now. Download the manual from the DJI site and really read it. Might save you
some grief later on .
Welcome to DronePilots newest forum :)

Thanks for the heads up, looks like I've got some homework.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

MP arrived today, first major hurdle. I cannot get Assistant 2 onto my phone. I'm running a Samsung Galaxy S7 Android with AT&T. Got the batteries all charged and the hardware assembled and I'm chomping at the bit to get going. Read up on how to set my RTH, the controls etc. I just want to get it in the air for a few minutes to get a feel for it and how the controls all function. What is it called in the app store? DJI go 4 is already installed and ready to go.

"DJI GO 4" is the app you need to install from your mobile device. The DJI Assistant 2 app can only be installed on a Windows/Mac computer.

Well that explains quite a bit...so to verify my software/firmware I have to plug it all into my PC?

You can find your current firmware version in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO.

So, with the revelation that Assistant is not exactly required for flying I just took it out for it's maiden voyage. No crashes, all systems appear to be functioning properly (OA works great, and beginner distance limits work great). Successfully set and used RTH, practiced with the camera gimbal a tiny bit and generally got comfortable/familiar with the whole drone thing. Now I have to figure out how to view/download/transfer the media. Thanks guys. Also, it tried to update the firmware to .700 midflight...luckily I had the RTH preset in the RC. I was able to back out of the update relatively quickly and restore flight controls and visuals.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78