DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass error

Are you landing on or near metal? That will affect the compass.

Ok, so does it doe this no matter where you land? I assume you have tried several locations? If so then I would contact DJI support as it seems there may be an issue with the compass. If it doesn't do it in other locations then there must be some strong magnetic interference causing an issue at that location.

Ok, so does it doe this no matter where you land? I assume you have tried several locations? If so then I would contact DJI support as it seems there may be an issue with the compass. If it doesn't do it in other locations then there must be some strong magnetic interference causing an issue at that location.

Happens all of the time. Saw some other people having the same issue. Possible firmware issue?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Can you upload an image of what your compass sensor screen shows?

in the Go app top right menu button (three dots) -> Main Controller Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Sensors -> Compass

I have never heard of it, I would contact DJI support and see what they say. I have heard calling is better than online chat.

Reactions: timur beriker
Any update on this? I am getting a compass redundancy error..

How do you calibrate with your computer?

Ghostrider215
Download the DJI Assistant 2 software from the DJI site (under Mavic downloads), then connect the Mavic to computer using a micro-usb cable (connector on opposite side of SD card slot), load the software and you should be able to figure it out from there. There are also YouTube videos on the subject if you need.

Reactions: ghostrider215
Download the DJI Assistant 2 software from the DJI site (under Mavic downloads), then connect the Mavic to computer using a micro-usb cable (connector on opposite side of SD card slot), load the software and you should be able to figure it out from there. There are also YouTube videos on the subject if you need.

Thank you!

Ghostrider215

Why is this way better then just doing it off the app?

Why is this way better then just doing it off the app?

Well, if you read further up you will see I did not make this recommendation, the recommendation to use the computer came from DJI support. I was simply answering the question of how to do it using the computer as they suggested.

That said maybe the DJI Assistant does a full calibration rather than a limited one, I don't know. It actually seems to me that doing it with the computer would be worse, because you are likely to be around objects that will affect the compass.

I think the only sensors to calibrate with a computer is the VPS (downward facting) and the forward facing sensors for OA. You can't do a compass dance with a USB cable connected to the craft, going to a computer, and it's inappropriate to do a compass calibration indoors anyway. Seems like odd advice to me, unless I'm misunderstanding DJI's suggestion to "calibrate with computer".

I think the only sensors to calibrate with a computer is the VPS (downward facting) and the forward facing sensors for OA. You can't do a compass dance with a USB cable connected to the craft, going to a computer, and it's inappropriate to do a compass calibration indoors anyway. Seems like odd advice to me, unless I'm misunderstanding DJI's suggestion to "calibrate with computer".

It will be interesting, I will be testing it shortly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin