DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller battery usage

Sounds like good advice to me - just wish there was a way of turning off USB charging at will, seems like a flaw not a benefit. Maybe DJI will come up with an upgrade for the controller that will enable a charging disconnect

Sent from my SM-G900I using MavicPilots mobile app

DJI already enable the no charge message to the mobile device; some android devices choose to ignore this. iOS devices also use to charge but listen to upgraded controller firmware message and doesn't charge anymore. In fact on initial connection an iOS device will initially indicate charging and then shuts off charging. Bottom line, you probably will not see an update from DJI because they already did; balls in googles court or your mobile device vendors court.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Plug your device into the bottom usb port instead of the side one and it won't charge from the controller. Then your controller will last longer and your device less.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Plug your device into the bottom usb port instead of the side one and it won't charge from the controller. Then your controller will last longer and your device less.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
this sounds like a very good idea.

Funny i didn't know the controller charged my phone. I use samsung j3 I bought just for the mav. and I have never charged it once after probably 20 flights or more. i think one of the reason is I have no aps other than the dji one and no phone service either making it just a device for the mav only and it's worked very well even though the j3 wasn't including on the device list from dji.

I bought six batteries with my Mavic Pro. The remote control only lasts through 2 the batteries. Just got off the phone talking to maverick tech-support. The end result was that they suggested I use one of the other maverick batteries to keep the remote control charged with their USB adapter. Putting the adapter into the USB port on the side of the remote control leaving the USB port on the bottom of the controller connected to my device. It seems to work and now I can get longer battery time on my remote controller.

Not the case for me on Android. Both ports charge the phone while the RC controller is on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki