DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh.... Is it worth it?

Imo ur crazy not to buy the care package on such a high risk item like a rc quad i mean come on.. every rc iver ever owned has been in need of repair at some point.
To spend a grand on a mavic, crash it by mistake and have nothing but scrap pile make me wanna cry but im not rich either.
I almost guaranty i'll use atleast one and if i dont im still glad i got it for peace of mind so i dont psych myself out thinkn if it crashes its gone so dont do this or that.. or try not to panic...
buy it.. it covers every normal pilot error including water damage which is so nice!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Imo ur crazy not to buy the care package on such a high risk item like a rc quad i mean come on.. every rc iver ever owned has been in need of repair at some point.
To spend a grand on a mavic, crash it by mistake and have nothing but scrap pile make me wanna cry but im not rich either.
I almost guaranty i'll use atleast one and if i dont im still glad i got it for peace of mind so i dont psych myself out thinkn if it crashes its gone so dont do this or that.. or try not to panic...
buy it.. it covers every normal pilot error including water damage which is so nice!
I will definitely report back if i use it but there are already many youtubers doing that now go look, theyl tell ya its bueno

There can be a deductible depending on the agent. My State Farm policy is for $60/year (covers other stuff too) and has a $50 deductible. Many folks have gotten the policy without it though. ...... it's just $79 to get a new one.

Sure, you can fly super safe all the time and never take any risks but sometimes you have to take some risks to get the cool shots. Having both of these insurances allows me to fly and try stuff that I probably wouldn't without them. I figure with both coverages, I can be out of pocket for roughly $360 and get three replacements at least within this first year. I truly hope I don't need that but it's nice to know that it's there.

My question is the deductable on Refresh. $99/year AND $79 for the first repair and $129 for the second? Also looks like DJI gives you a refurb if the Mavic is totalled.

A long time ago, I worked retail and learned that any type of extended warranty being offered is always in the sellers favor. If DJI care included the first free replacement I might have been tempted initially, but you have to pay more for a service you already paid for when you break your Mavic. After looking into insurance I realized I probably wouldn't even pay the initial DJI cost. Why not just insure with State Farm for $27.50 (quote from my local office) for a years worth of coverage? Includes theft and damage, but not liability.

Could you elaborate on this? How would yo cover it through State Farm

There can be a deductible depending on the agent. My State Farm policy is for $60/year (covers other stuff too) and has a $50 deductible. Many folks have gotten the policy without it though.

With that, I also have Care Refresh. I got both before DJI started covering water damage. Regardless, I don't regret paying for both at this point. I do agree that most extended warranties are garbage but you don't use most items and put them at a level of risk as you do with a drone.

Example, yesterday I was flying along and just hovering watching some ducks in a creek. For some reason, the Mavic suddenly ascends (probably due to VPS) but then it shifts sideways for no reason and clips some branches. Luckily it self-recovered and everything was good. However, if it would have plunged into the creek, I would be able to recover it and send it in to DJI. We could battle over the "fault" of the crash as I'm sure they would somehow blame it on pilot error (though I was hovering with no stick input) but in the end, it's just $79 to get a new one.

Sure, you can fly super safe all the time and never take any risks but sometimes you have to take some risks to get the cool shots. Having both of these insurances allows me to fly and try stuff that I probably wouldn't without them. I figure with both coverages, I can be out of pocket for roughly $360 and get three replacements at least within this first year. I truly hope I don't need that but it's nice to know that it's there.

What's the policy ? Did you just add it to existing homeowner policy?

Sorry in advance for the stupid question, but could you buy a DJI care refresh at any point in time? I had my Mavic for a few months now, no crash yet but would like to be covered... Is it only for new bird?
Cheers

Sorry in advance for the stupid question, but could you buy a DJI care refresh at any point in time? I had my Mavic for a few months now, no crash yet but would like to be covered... Is it only for new bird?
Cheers

No, care refresh can not be purchased after 48hours of purchase and activation of drone

Reactions: topdetop
I bought Care Refresh for peace of mind, without reading the small print; the first week I had it, I reversed into a tree some 50 feet high and 20 feet over a river. It was late in the day so I went back the next morning - and it had gone; it rained all night and it fell into the river a disappeared. Care Refresh does not cover total loss - no body, no fix.
I now have a $30 State Farm policy for global cover, including total loss, with no deductible.

So happy that I found this! Just picked mine up yesterday and was about to pull the trigger on DJI refresh....called State Farm and for $30/year I now have a comprehensive plan that includes theft and loss with no deductible....AWESOME!!

Care Refresh is a nice concept until you have to use it, good luck.
This youtube video will explain it all.....

Reactions: Skinejosh78
Here’s how I looked at it. I’m already paying $1,200 so wouldnt it be worth the $99 especially if your new to piloting.
I bought it and flew maybe to much on the edge knowing why not, if I kill it what’s $79?
Learning curve
Btw, I’m on my last of four Mavics.
The first one was a legit warranty on Dji’s part so I had a freebie!!
Lol
Never had any problem with Dji customer support or their efforts

I bought Care Refresh for peace of mind, without reading the small print; the first week I had it, I reversed into a tree some 50 feet high and 20 feet over a river. It was late in the day so I went back the next morning - and it had gone; it rained all night and it fell into the river a disappeared. Care Refresh does not cover total loss - no body, no fix.
I now have a $30 State Farm policy for global cover, including total loss, with no deductible.

I have twice not had a Mavic to return to Dji and it wasn’t a problem.
So not everyone has had a bad Dji care refresh
Experience

The gimbal warranty expires after 6 months and expect to receive a refurbished unit in return.
I guess Dji loves me then cause I bought my mavic pro last May.
I returned 4 mavics in a years time.
One of those 4 was a warranty and Dji paid, the bird just flew away so they checked data and determined it was their bad.
Two mavics I used Dji care refresh I DID NOT HAVE ANYTHING AT ALL LEFT WITH ONE AND THE OTHER I DECIDED TO DISECT B4 returning so it was a box of a jillion broken and sorted parts.
I always had another bird within two weeks and NEVER EVER NEVER DID THEY TRY TO SLIP IN A REFURB UNIT!
Each Mavic had a new and unused serial number.
A refurb unit has the letter r on end of serial number

I guess Dji loves me then cause I bought my mavic pro last May.
I returned 4 mavics in a years time.
One of those 4 was a warranty and Dji paid, the bird just flew away so they checked data and determined it was their bad.
Two mavics I used Dji care refresh I DID NOT HAVE ANYTHING AT ALL LEFT WITH ONE AND THE OTHER I DECIDED TO DISECT B4 returning so it was a box of a jillion broken and sorted parts.
I always had another bird within two weeks and NEVER EVER NEVER DID THEY TRY TO SLIP IN A REFURB UNIT!
Each Mavic had a new and unused serial number.
A refurb unit has the letter r on end of serial number

Good for you. How do you know that refurbished serial numbers end with R? Where is the proof to this? Your dealing with China. You trust everything China tells you? You're defiantly on their side...

Reactions: JohnnyD913
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown