DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh.... Is it worth it?

Good for you. How do you know that refurbished serial numbers end with R? Where is the proof to this? Your dealing with China. You trust everything China tells you? You're defiantly on their side...

I have a phantom 4 refurb unit and that’s how I know all refurb have an r at end of serial.
Besides I ask them

But it's OKAY to have to return the product twice? And it wasn't a problem eh? This is where I get confused...

Never was a problem. I got a little confused the first time cause they gave me a coupon code for the new mavic and I could not for some reason get my laptop to act right so I had to call and do all that one by phone but the others it’s all self explanatory.
You will get a reference number and can go to Dji’s website, type in your number back in the Dji Repair
People and presto.
I should mention it can be a little misleading on their website cause I thought I had to follow Dji care refresh links when in FACT you set up a online repair
Case and they automatically know you have Dji care refresh ( if u bought it).

I purchased refresh, then the gimbal ribbon failed a month after my refresh expired. I would not recommend it to anyone.

Reactions: Skinejosh78
I purchased refresh, then the gimbal ribbon failed a month after my refresh expired. I would not recommend it to anyone.

Why wouldn’t u recommend buying refresh?
Sir not ever experience with Dji is bad.
I don’t understand a lot I read on here cuz
Majority of folks seem to HATE Dji.
I mean so far I’m more than satisfied and had
I not bought refresh I would have spent nearly
Another $3,500 by the time I was thru

Why wouldn’t u recommend buying refresh?
Sir not ever experience with Dji is bad.
I don’t understand a lot I read on here cuz
Majority of folks seem to HATE Dji.
I mean so far I’m more than satisfied and had
I not bought refresh I would have spent nearly
Another $3,500 by the time I was thru
What’s not to understand? You returned 4 Times! What makes a product soooo great if you have to return it 4 Times? Forget about the speedy and courteous customer service, have you ever considered the quality of their products?

Reactions: JohnnyD913
What’s not to understand? You returned 4 Times! What makes a product soooo great if you have to return it 4 Times? Forget about the speedy and courteous customer service, have you ever considered the quality of their products?
Skinejosh78, yes 4 returns is bad but remember only one of those was Dji’s fault.
I crashed the brains outta the others so that was my stupidity. I’m just glad I had purchased refresh so I could continue my flights.
I really can pilot very well, all my crashes were
Cause I do stuff like being 15,000 feet away and decide to see how low I can go b4 disconnect.
Dji really should be grateful to have aggressive pilots tearing up thief stuff to see what it’s made of!

Skinejosh78, yes 4 returns is bad but remember only one of those was Dji’s fault.
I crashed the brains outta the others so that was my stupidity. I’m just glad I had purchased refresh so I could continue my flights.
I really can pilot very well, all my crashes were
Cause I do stuff like being 15,000 feet away and decide to see how low I can go b4 disconnect.
Dji really should be grateful to have aggressive pilots tearing up thief stuff to see what it’s made of!
Okay I can't argue with that... at least you are honest with yourself.

Iyoure a lucky one.... NO WAY I'd send a new drone back to DJI.. . Maybe in the 11th month.. But it's new technology and you know what you're getting here. This is cutting edge and thinking you should get this sort of highly fagile device protected from a Chinese manufacturer is flat out crazy. An adult protests his investments outside of a circle that will encompass you with unnecessary frustration ..

Iyoure a lucky one.... NO WAY I'd send a new drone back to DJI.. . Maybe in the 11th month.. But it's new technology and you know what you're getting here. This is cutting edge and thinking you should get this sort of highly fagile device protected from a Chinese manufacturer is flat out crazy. An adult protests his investments outside of a circle that will encompass you with unnecessary frustration ..

OJsakila I’m literally astounded about the negative
Comments regarding Dji.
Maybe I am just lucky but to luck out 4 times tells me their are more people helping inside Dji than not helping.
I understand Dji is in China and all but here is how it worked for me.
I made calls to Dji support, now they are based out of California cause I’ve spoke enough and ask enough questions to know this.
The birds aren’t shipped outta China they must have
Inventory in California too.
It was ten thousand times more pleasant than dealing with say an AT&T or Verizon phone issue!
Buddy if you want to get downright LIVID, call those people customer support!
Lmao, I guarantee you by the time I’m done with them I’ve have cussed, called them names probably, have had to ask 3-4 times to speak with someone that knows my language first of all!
Yeah so DJI IS SO customer friendly than either of those AMERICAN GIANTS

I'm 100% satisfied and happy and RELIEVED that it's all worked out for you...I agree that verizon and someone like Comcast sux, support wise.. But AT&T wireless treats me like God... I've been with them since the first iPhone in 2007 so that might mean something... I pay a little more but always get English speaking help and they have pushed my bill 2 months out before... No issues... But I get what you're saying and I'm relieved that someone like you is adamant about dji support .. I feel better knowing that... After all, most forum posts are problems... Not how awesome evething is... Lol

I'm 100% satisfied and happy and RELIEVED that it's all worked out for you...I agree that verizon and someone like Comcast sux, support wise.. But AT&T wireless treats me like God... I've been with them since the first iPhone in 2007 so that might mean something... I pay a little more but always get English speaking help and they have pushed my bill 2 months out before... No issues... But I get what you're saying and I'm relieved that someone like you is adamant about dji support .. I feel better knowing that... After all, most forum posts are problems... Not how awesome evething is... Lol
Thank you OJSAKILA,
I did not mean to offend you for referencing AT&T.
Really I’ve never dealt with them and should have said straight talk and Verizon.
I know when I crashed each time I did intend have a little apprehension about the process but it was all painless and buddy let me tell u if Dji will take back Mavic number 3 in refresh then I think anyone will be ok.
Lol, I say that cause for some reason I decided to operate and see what made the insides of Mavic and how they function.
I literally put pieces and screws and broken cameras, gimbals, everything looked like it
Was hit with a military middle or something!
Literally destroyed yet Dji came thru.
Wow.
I hope if any of you guys ever deal with them it’s positive!
It sounds like I need to start charging folks to go thru the Dji process!
Lol

Thank you OJSAKILA,
Really I’ve never dealt with them and should have said straight talk and Verizon.
I know when I crashed each time I did intend have a little apprehension about the process but it was all painless and buddy let me tell u if Dji will take back Mavic number 3 in refresh then I think anyone will be ok.
Lol, I say that cause for some reason I decided to operate and see what made the insides of Mavic and how they function.
I literally put pieces and screws and broken cameras, gimbals, everything looked like it
Wow.
Lol
Thank you OJSAKILA,
Wow.
Lol
BTW, OJ, you old devil you, come on man just at between us friends, did u or did u not do that dastardly deed?
Lol, nice mugshot

Lol. No offense taken. Att is definitely a bully. But like yourself with DJI I have had good experiences with att. Lol. I totally nullified any argument I had with that comment :)

I'm actually flying this second .. . It's getting close to sunset.... I'm having fun

I bought DJI Refresh after buying my Mavic Pro. It was a new product (years ago), costly, and I didn’t want to take chances. Originally I was set on GoPro’s Karma drone until the Mavic’s unveiling.

Anyway, I never needed the service. It gave me peace of mind flying such an expensive craft. You just need to make sure you can recover your craft if it crashes. Otherwise you’ll end up with a 30% discount on your next purchase.

I bought DJI Refresh after buying my Mavic Pro. It was a new product (years ago), costly, and I didn’t want to take chances. Originally I was set on GoPro’s Karma drone until the Mavic’s unveiling.

Anyway, I never needed the service. It gave me peace of mind flying such an expensive craft. You just need to make sure you can recover your craft if it crashes. Otherwise you’ll end up with a 30% discount on your next purchase.
Dewster I like your post and how to us it’s a no-brained.
I do have to tell you about “ HAVE TO RETURN
CRASHED, BROKEN, OR WHATEVER”!
I have returned two Mavics without having
Another mavic to send in to Dji!
What happened was one of those two
Had issues backed up by Dji and the data
That’s kept for flights.
They could not dispute the facts so they warrantied the first one and replaced with
A BRAND NEW UNIT, NOT A REFURBISHED
UNIT.
The second one I flew into a tree, that didn’t even
Hurt the Mavic, it was all about the fall from the tree.
As it fell it was pushed, pulled, and thrown to
The ground right into the ONLY water puddle
And was under a foot of water about 20 secs
B4 I could get it out.
I took it inside and started the hair dryer.
About 30-45 mins after VERY CAREFULLY
DRYING THE MAVIC, I was back outside to
Test my Bird.
Well all was fine for maybe 10-12 mins, enuf
Time that I was about 5,000 feet away.
Then all of a sudden I start getting MULTIPLE
warnings, they ranged from IMU problems to
Complete compass meltdown I guess.
Anyway I struggled to regain the bird but
It was no use.
I could barely see the video as it was going
In and out and finally it just went black
And I had no map, video, or a prayer!
I KNEW IN MY HEART DJI wasn’t gonna
Fix this cause it wasn’t thier fault this time!!
BOY WAS I WRONG, I WENT TO SEARCH FOR MAVIC FOR THREE DAYS WITH NO MAVIC.
I decided to check the flight data and the Gods
Had aligned for me cause looking at all the data
You want but NOWHERE did it indicate it
Had become water logged prior to fatal flight.
Of course this had to mean Dji was in the wrong
Again!!
So I call up Dji and leave out the water part!!
Within two weeks I had another Mavic using
Dji refresh!!
Once again I took delivery of my BRAND NEW
Mavic!!
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT AND IF I HAVE SAID IT ONCE IVE SAID IT TEN THOUSAND TIMES:
REGARDLESS OF WHAT U HAVE BEEN TOLD,
Or heard or WHAT YOU THOUGHT, DJI DOES NOT REPLACE A UNIT YOU SPENT OVER
$1,000 on with a REFURB!!!
They never have and after 4 replacements
STILL HAVENT SENT ME A REFURB.
I started with a p4 refurb and did a refresh
Claim on it and YES THEY REPLACED MY
REFURB WITH A REFURB IN THIS CASE.
YOU CAN TELL IF YOUR UNIT IS A REFURB
CAUSE THE SERIAL NUMBER WILL ALWAYS
HAVE THE LETTER R ON ITS END.
So if you are poor like me and realize that
Dji has tons of money then I had no moral
Qualms about leaving out the water crash.
APPARENTLY HAD I JUST NOT DRIED IT OUT
AND SENT IT IN RIGHT AFTER THE WATER
THEY STILL WOULD HAVE REPLACED IT CAUSE RIGHT THERE IN THE REFRESH
CONTRACT IT SAYS THAT THE BIRDS ARE
COVERED UNDER REFRESH EVEN UN A WATER CRASH EVENT THAT WAS ENTIRELY MY FAULT.
I WILK LEAVE YALL WITH THIS, BUY THE REFRESH FOR A LITTLE MORE SO IF
SOMETHING CRAZY HAPPENS AT THE
VERY LEAST U GOT A 50/50 chance.
You don’t get any chance without refresh!!!
THINK ABOUT IT EVERYONE

REGARDLESS OF WHAT U HAVE BEEN TOLD,
Or heard or WHAT YOU THOUGHT, DJI DOES NOT REPLACE A UNIT YOU SPENT OVER
$1,000 on with a REFURB!!!
They never have and after 4 replacements
STILL HAVENT SENT ME A REFURB.

I have a feeling JohnnyD913 is codename for JohnnyDJI. No one would defend DJI that much that didn't have ties to the company.

Ok Johnny, this is the same thing I told Jack Shen in our BBB Dispute.
If what you say is true that the four replacements in a row that you sent me were new, and each and every one of them was soon after verified defective by your own service dept, then we could say that 100% of your new drones are defective, right?

No Johnny, I have it recorded in two different phone calls, begging for them to send me a new replacement instead of those defective, used drones they've been sending me, and their "supervisor" Thomas Bruno, said they NEVER send out new ones under Care Refresh.

Everyone in that company lies and when you catch them red-handed, they just continue to repeat the lie, I guess it's a Chinese Tactic. They're trying to wear me out so I go away, but I won't quit until I get what I paid for.

Here is my follow up video:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer