DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly/MA2 will have a major update in Q3

That's not quite correct. You would not access Litchi on DJI Fly, its a totally separate piece of software. As are drone deploy and Pix4D, so that would also require them (those product's developers) to attain the SDK from DJI to enable this aircraft on those platforms.
Northwood Mediaworks I goofed and you caught me. THANK YOU!
Of course, Litchi, DroneDeploy and Pix4D are separate pieces of software. I use DD and Pix4D regularly. I guess where my head was, attributing those three to GO 4.
***What I meant to say was that at the same time Litchi is able to work ON MAVIC AIR 2 (Not DJI Fly), as it does on Mavic Air (Not GO 4), I trust the other two will be made to work at the same time.*** I now own the Air for mapping and the Air 2 for photography. It will be nice to use one for both. (Of course, as it is I now have seven batteries and not three. Not sure if that is a benefit or not).

I dont disagree, it certainly seems to be haphazard thus far, and I prefer Go4. Its not marketing IMHO, its the beginning of a migration of hardware to a new software interface, which for whatever reason, they have deemed necessary, I read something about 32bit vs 64bit architecture being a concern, and perhaps they feel that whatever is in their pipeline will no longer be served effectively by Go4. Many years ahead, perhaps not, the regulatory bodies of this world are squeezing this niche consumer market to a regretable end, hopefully we have some decent time left as hobbyists. For those actually working commercially, its a different outcome perhaps. Perhaps not. All just my take on this.
i suspect that dji simply forms development team to produce a build, a software build dedicated to a product, and then they disband the team, perhaps - so it is organizationally not possible for them to maintain an evolving design cycle of a universal interface product, it is difficult to speculate about, really, as it all looks extremely odd what they actually do.

no one would usually develop multiple streams of various applications that use same generalized API they have now - you would simply produce different builds enabling/disabling certain features per hardware version of a drone product, but to produce and maintain various applications - software products - to implement mostly redundant functionality - to me it all screams classic Chinese organizational havoc where too many uncles push too many nephews into the management layer to get their own slice of the pie. so, in result, nothing makes any sense and almost nothing works properly in the end.

DJI, INCLUDE THESE IN UPDATES:

GREEN BATTERY ICON FOR iOS
Speed cap on TRIPOD mode
Maybe a Func. button + Gimbal wheel for fast Shutter speed adjustment while flying
Less Delay in return to screen/control when 48MP photo, or SmartPhoto or Hyperlapse
Dynamic Home point, land upon Phone/Tablet GPS location
Course lock as its own Full-time smart mode, ie: tripod sport and gimbal left to right work

Reactions: Mitch
i suspect that dji simply forms development team to produce a build, a software build dedicated to a product, and then they disband the team, perhaps - so it is organizationally not possible for them to maintain an evolving design cycle of a universal interface product, it is difficult to speculate about, really, as it all looks extremely odd what they actually do.

If any team was disbanded or repurposed it was the Go team, and they are probably working on the Fly app.

And we'll see if your theory is correct if the Pro 3 uses Fly (obviously with a few more features).

If any team was disbanded or repurposed it was the Go team, and they are probably working on the Fly app.

And we'll see if your theory is correct if the Pro 3 uses Fly (obviously with a few more features).
will see. it truly will be a pity if that happens, as that means Pro 3 will not be able to use smart controller. that indeed will be a blow, i somewhat hoped to get pro 3 when it will mature and be proven reliable. but, who knows.

will see. it truly will be a pity if that happens, as that means Pro 3 will not be able to use smart controller. that indeed will be a blow, i somewhat hoped to get pro 3 when it will mature and be proven reliable. but, who knows.

Since DJI has already said the Air 2 would be compatible with the Smart Controller "soon", I would imagine they have plans for the Pro 3 to be able to use the Smart Controller as well, even if it uses the Fly App.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki