DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO app disconnected twice during flight today

Thank you. Yes, that helps. I tried .400 as well and everything worked fine again. For giggles, I tried upgrading back to the current version and the problem came right back. It definitely looks like an app-related issue.

Wait, did you roll back your app version too? or just the firmware? If reverting the firmware fixed it, wouldn't that make it look more like a firmware-related issue than an app-related issue?

Wait, did you roll back your app version too? or just the firmware? If reverting the firmware fixed it, wouldn't that make it look more like a firmware-related issue than an app-related issue?
My apologies, I meant firmware. I had tried using an older app version and that did not help. I reinstalled the latest app and then tried downgrading the firmware, and that is what resolved the problem for me. I had only gotten a single test flight in but will fly again as soon as the weather clears and let you know if it still appears to be resolved. Sorry for the confusion. I went back and adjusted my original post.

I hopefully get my MP back tomorrow after having similar problems posted earlier... Heliguy have tested it with an android devices and an Ipad. Said they didn't have any disconnect issues at all, but as a gesture they are sending me a new controller out.
I had disconnects with 4 different android devices, that's why I sent it in.
Will have to see how I go on when it returns. FIngers crossed. I'm not optimistic..

Good luck Jordi!

I took mine out for another test flight and unfortunately, I had another disconnect (running 4.0.7 app and .0400 firmware). However, it was quick...screen went black and came right back. With the .0600 firmware, the app would completely shut down and I had to reopen it. I'll keep playing around with it to see if I can find an app/firmware combination that works. I didn't have this problem before so it's definitely related to a recent change.

Reactions: Jordi555
I hopefully get my MP back tomorrow after having similar problems posted earlier... Heliguy have tested it with an android devices and an Ipad. Said they didn't have any disconnect issues at all, but as a gesture they are sending me a new controller out.
I had disconnects with 4 different android devices, that's why I sent it in.
Will have to see how I go on when it returns. FIngers crossed. I'm not optimistic..
Heliguy[emoji33],i learnt my lesson with them on my 1st phantom. They don't believe what's being said on forums. Strange they never got any disconnection issues, i hope you took your controller serial number? No doubt you will get the same one back. Good luck.

Yesterday I had the first test flights with my Sony Xperia XZ after it got the update to Android 7.1.1.
The first flight (airplane mode) was perfect without any issues.
The second flight (without rebooting between, just exiting and restarting GO 4) worked as well for about 12 minutes and then lagging increased, both in video display and reaction to the touch screen.
At least the phone didn't freeze up completely as did with Android 7.0. So I closed GO 4 and restarted it to finish my flight.
I am quite sure that this lagging was caused by a memory leak which eats up RAM space.
So I have installed a task manager app now, which I will run in future between two flights for getting RAM space back.
Not proofed yet but I assume it will help.

It also helps to in developer and turn on sub debugging.

I installed the latest firmware 5/14.
That was a mistake! Back to disconnecting. I guess I'm gonna have to do a clean reinstall of Go 4 and try again.
What was I thinking!!!!
It was working so nice.

I installed the latest firmware 5/14.
That was a mistake! Back to disconnecting. I guess I'm gonna have to do a clean reinstall of Go 4 and try again.
What was I thinking!!!!
It was working so nice.
Are you on Android? If so, this is a known issue with DJI GO 4 Android 7 (Nougat). Downgrading the firmware and/or reinstalling the app doesn't help (at least in my case). I've resorted to using Litchi with the latest firmware (.0700) and haven't had any issues.

Last night I installed the newest DJI firmware update. Today while flying over a river the app disconnected twice from the drone. First time I closed the app and reopened. Then the second time i had to close app and disconnect iPhone. After the second time, I brought the Mavic home. Rattled to say the least! Thankfully I didn't lose it. Maybe this is a glitch in the new firmware? Anyone else had this happen since installing new firmware?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

The firmware updated last night. No new updates found today. When i go into the app and look for version I'm seeing version 3.1.1

When it disconnected, there was no camera feed. The drone stayed still and never initiated RTH. Closing the app down and restarting solved the problem for a moment. The second time, closing the app didn't help. Only after I closed the app and unhooked the phone did it work again.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
app disconnect issue solved. Since I've been connecting via the full size USB port on the controller to the micro port on my Moto G 5 ANDROID--no more app disconnect problems

app disconnect issue solved. Since I've been connecting via the full size USB port on the controller to the micro port on my Moto G 5 ANDROID--no more app disconnect problems
I understood the issue to be with DJI GO 4 not being compatible with Android Nougat (yet). It shouldn't be related to firmware, or usb port, but it's with trying out. I've been using Litchi instead and have had no problems.

I understood the issue to be with DJI GO 4 not being compatible with Android Nougat (yet). It shouldn't be related to firmware, or usb port, but it's with trying out. I've been using Litchi instead and have had no problems.
I would agree that Litchi is stable but regarding the DJI Go 4 app I never had problems until I installed 4.1.0 on Android 7. Now I reverted to 4.0.7 as I see many reporting the same.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661