DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles FINALLY HERE!!!!

So your DJI expert is just as reliable as the ones that told the others the 8th? So who do you believe......Roll the dice.....YATZEE!!

Reactions: Merlin23
So your DJI expert is just as reliable as the ones that told the others the 8th? So who do you believe......Roll the dice.....YATZEE!!
He told me that I was ready for shipping on the 8th but those dates are incorrect because the official release is the 20th, and that the other reps misunderstood. Since the official release is the 20th, I'm inclined to believe my rep. That being said, i wouldn't mind being wrong.

55dd529bd3bac2c14f583896fe574e12.jpg

So I tried to use your screenshot as leverage with customer support... they assured me that you, me and everyone wouldn't get anything before the 20th!

Hopefully we're wrong

Well I'm guessing these DJI chat reps are the same bozo's that you chat with for repair and from my wonderful experience I just went through they are one level up the food chain up from pond scum.... and that's giving pond scum a bad name....

Well I'm guessing these DJI chat reps are the same bozo's that you chat with for repair and from my wonderful experience I just went through they are one level up the food chain up from pond scum.... and that's giving pond scum a bad name....
I couldn't help but notice you repeating the same thing about them over and over. ;) But no, they're different. If you want someone competent in sales ask for Edward/Francis. He's the head supervisor over there and makes the effort to follow up with you.

So I tried to use your screenshot as leverage with customer support... they assured me that you, me and everyone wouldn't get anything before the 20th!

Hopefully we're wrong
Like I mentioned before. My rep said that nothing will be shipped before the 20th. When I asked him to peer into my order, he say an estimated ship date of May 8, but that just means it will be ready to ship by then. They're not sending anything out until it's the 20th. So if you have an estimated ship date of before May 20, you will get yours shipped on launch day.

I couldn't help but notice you repeating the same thing about them over and over. ;) But no, they're different. If you want someone competent in sales ask for Edward/Francis. He's the head supervisor over there and makes the effort to follow up with you.
Yup you noticed correctly!! The repair department is a piece of crap!! And having a P4P less than 5 weeks old having to be shipped back to them for a "known" issue and now the Mavic camera and gimbal freaking out every flight I have no confidence in their products. Not sure if you have had the joy of dealing with DJI repair "yet" but I'm sure once you do you will be signing the same tune! I jumped into this hobby mid February with both feet and have a very bitter taste now.
So yea I will trash the useless DJI repair every chance I get until they show me a reason not to....

Ok stepping off soap box.... next....
:)

Yup you noticed correctly!! The repair department is a piece of crap!! And having a P4P less than 5 weeks old having to be shipped back to them for a "known" issue and now the Mavic camera and gimbal freaking out every flight I have no confidence in their products. Not sure if you have had the joy of dealing with DJI repair "yet" but I'm sure once you do you will be signing the same tune! I jumped into this hobby mid February with both feet and have a very bitter taste now.
So yea I will trash the useless DJI repair every chance I get until they show me a reason not to....

Ok stepping off soap box.... next....
:)
I was going to send mine back because of a plate defect of the rear motor arm. Then I accidentally broke it entirely, and I was like, **** it, I'm doing it myself. I ordered the part from @Thunderdrones and repaired the drone myself. I had it back in service in 2 days. What's more it's the same drone, not a refurbished replacement. :D

Hopefully we're wrong

Exactly what I was saying in my post...they're like the perfect husband..they tell you what you want to hear...lol...

Does anyone has an idea, which controls for VR game to get for DJI Goggles?

The Playstation goggles have their sticks with lights etc., how to solve this for DJI?

Firstly, the goggles are not for VR, there is no 3D aspect to them. They are designed purely to provide a 2D image and have no ability to drive the display for each eye separately which would be a requirement for VR.

Secondly, they have a build in touch-pad for app control and they do not support any other control mechanism.

Firstly, the goggles are not for VR, there is no 3D aspect to them. They are designed purely to provide a 2D image and have no ability to drive the display for each eye separately which would be a requirement for VR.

Secondly, they have a build in touch-pad for app control and they do not support any other control mechanism.

I think about games DJI says otherwise...

I think about games DJI says otherwise...

They could be used for AR games when connected via HDMI but never VR.

Specifically in relation to the Mavic, where the connection is via OcuSync, any such games would have to be directly supported by DJI as the goggles only run a cut-down version of the Go app and at least for now, there is no possibility for 3rd party developers to control what you see in the goggles.

They are not VR. You can use them as a normal 2D display for anything you want including games, but that still won't give you VR. No 3D and no tracking. Not made for that.

Last edited:
They are not VR. You can use them as a normal 2D display for anything you want including games, but that still won't give you VR. No 3D and no tracking. Not made for that.

Just curious, what's the main difference between this goggle's specs and a VR goggle's specs? FOV and the possibility that the VR can project two different sources on the left and right display? Not sure about headtracking, that too? DJI's goggles has it but it might need some tweaking to use it with other than through Occusync.

Just curious, what's the main difference between this goggle's specs and a VR goggle's specs? FOV and the possibility that the VR can project two different sources on the left and right display? Not sure about headtracking, that too? DJI's goggles has it but it might need some tweaking to use it with other than through Occusync.

This is how DJI describe their optics: "DJI Goggles use a beam splitter to display an image in front of each eye, as well as polarization to prevent any image overlap."

Right there you have the core of the problem as they can only display the same image in both eyes as they beam-split from a single source.

The head-tracking is there, but it is inertial and lacks the precision that comes with an external reference point.

None of this matter for their designed use and in fact it makes them better for their designed purpose than if you were trying to use 3-D goggles for 2-D purposes.

Reactions: hyb
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear