DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles FINALLY HERE!!!!

Okay guys, it would seem some of us are apparently getting notifications from DJI with an estimated ship date. If you got one, please share it with us and your order time. That means you two that just posted above me.

Reactions: aitorlape
They're here, and I already ordered mine.

DJI Goggles

Get them while you can. Only a limited amount are available for purchase, and they should start shipping May 20.

UPDATE: Now out of stock.
Do you guys think it would be faster to wait for DJI to release them on their own site, and order them there, or reserve through a third party distributor?

Okay guys, it would seem some of us are apparently getting notifications from DJI with an estimated ship date. If you got one, please share it with us and your order time. That means you two that just posted above me.

No notification, just asked this on "chat support"

No notification, just asked this on "chat support"

55dd529bd3bac2c14f583896fe574e12.jpg

And here is my order time...I just looked..and there is NO shipping info on my order yet..I also believe that the DJI " chat" can be a bit unreliable...lol...I will post as soon as I get any notification from DJI...
2017-04-24 18:07:55 (UTC). (Order confirm date/time)

Do you guys think it would be faster to wait for DJI to release them on their own site, and order them there, or reserve through a third party distributor?
Unless you can find a third party distributor that has stock on the way that has not already been reserved, ordering direct from DJI will most likely be the best route.

I think DJI has a pile of these. I believe they saw the Mavic go horribly wrong and they held off until they had good supply.

I mean these goggles were to be sold along side the Mavic!

Order Time (from DJI's site): 2017-04-24 17:13:36 (UTC)
Chat Support's answer: 12th May
Region: EU

I don't want to be THAT GUY, but I'm going to shatter everyone's hopes here and say MAY 8 and MAY 12 is not happening. They will ready to ship on those days, but won't ship until MAY 20. Anyone with an estimate before MAY 20 will get it shipped on MAY 20. Even I have a May 8 estimate, but the rep said those are going to be disregarded.

EDIT: Of course I wouldn't complain if I'm wrong. :)

Reactions: Merlin23
I don't want to be THAT GUY, but I'm going to shatter everyone's hopes here and say MAY 8 and MAY 12 is not happening. They will ready to ship on those days, but won't ship until MAY 20. Anyone with an estimate before MAY 20 will get it shipped on MAY 20. Even I have a May 8 estimate, but the rep said those are going to be disregarded.

EDIT: Of course I wouldn't complain if I'm wrong. :)
With that being said, mentioning the following excited people: @Chickenhoss @Xblog @Merlin23 and @hyb

Cyber when you say "the rep" do you have a direct legit contact from DJI or it this just another chat rep from DJI?

The litchi tracking is laggy, and the yaw is the entire drone rather than just the camera. With dji goggles you can head track with direct link to the camera gimbal, and lag is minimal.
Are these googles the only thing that can independently control the gimble for left and right motion. I don't recall to able to control the camera to pan left and right while drone is facing forward only with DJI Go or the controller..

Are these googles the only thing that can independently control the gimble for left and right motion. I don't recall to able to control the camera to pan left and right while drone is facing forward only with DJI Go or the controller..

From page 14 of the DJI Goggles User Manual:

Shortcut Menu
Swipe downward with two fingers on the touch panel to enter the shortcut menu.
Move the cursor and tap the touch panel to turn functions on/off.

The Goggles support head tracking, which allows the aircraft to follow head movements:
1. Head Tracking Flight
Move your head to control the aircraft and the gimbal. Turn left and right to control the yaw of the
aircraft, and turn up and down to control the pitch of the gimbal (-90° to 30°).​
2. Head Tracking Gimbal
Move your head to control the gimbal. Turn left and right to control the yaw of the gimbal (-30° to
30°), and turn up and down to control the pitch of the gimbal (-90° to 30°).​

(So in Head Tracking Gimbal mode, the camera gimbal can swing +/- 30° without the aircraft yawing).

Order Time: 2017-04-24 19:37:50 (UTC)
DJI Chat gives me a ship date of May 9. Yes, I will believe it when I see it actually happen!

The camera does move left and right when you yaw left and right. It is a setting in DJI Go 4. The camera starts moving in the selected direction BEFORE the craft turns. If you yaw slightly, only the camera moves. Other than that, I'm not aware of any other tool that allows free movement on the vertical axis like the DJI goggles.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki