DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles Missing Diopter Adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.

My problem now is FPV/VR sickness. I feel pretty nauseous right now. I'm going to take some travel sickness pills as I do when using VR.

You gotta laugh :D. If it ain't one thing, it's another :D:D

I'm quite VR tolerant, so am hoping to have an easy ride when I get to test the goggles out properly. Time will tell :cool:

Reactions: Aeomer
Wait! What is happening here, in this thread? You wanna tell me that you (meaning some guys around here) are willing to purchase 500 USD worth of electronic equipment, yet you buy your eyeglasses from the supermarket, without further medical prescription?

Reactions: Foxtrot Uniform
We most serpently do ;) These are reading glasses, not prescription items. I have regular eye tests, like most other folk.

Reactions: ddimkin
Couple of things and a question.. I found that good quality optics do not require any diopter adjustment - if your eyeglasses are even close to your prescription. The Zeiss are fabulous and have no adjustment. The weight of these might be a bit of an issue for those that might want to fly a couple of batteries at a time, but will see. My question is specific to wearing glasses. None of those I bought or tested (6+) worked/fit with glasses. Even though they say "yes", none fit properly/comfortably. I will not buy DJI until I have actually got them on my head!! Can anyone tell me the actual width of their glasses (temple to temple measurement) that DO fit - I sure would appreciate it!!! Thanks for all the input - great to see so many comments an so many topics!!

Go to your local motorcycle shop and by some anti mist spray, problem solved.

Reactions: Peregrine
Wait! What is happening here, in this thread? You wanna tell me that you (meaning some guys around here) are willing to purchase 500 USD worth of electronic equipment, yet you buy your eyeglasses from the supermarket, without further medical prescription?

NO, supermarket to expensive, can get reading glasses at the dollar store for, you guessed it, one dollar. LOL

I await the day I can scan my mouth and 3D print my own teeth for one dollar! haha

Reactions: Anthony Viscomi
Whilst what you are saying, in theory, is correct, in practise things are a little different here. In real life, at 3 metres, I can see every grain of dust on my tv stand (Which I really should clean) with perfect clarity. I do not wear glasses for everyday use. I do, however, wear reading glasses. I own an Oculus Rift, and use it perfectly without glasses. I can barely make anything out inside the DJI Goggles without reading glasses. And my reading glasses don't agree with the focal length, so it is now just "less blurred". I, too, shall have to experiment with reading glasses of varying focal strengths. A simple focal adjustment, and we could have all been happy.
I have glasses and put mine over them and it was like I was sitting in a theater with a giant screen far away. It was crystal clear.

Just popped out to the local pauper shop, where they sell reading glasses for a pound-a-pop. Grabbed a 2.50, 3.00 and a 3.50. Got home and had a quick test. All yield usable results, with the 2.50 ones being marginally sharper. Looks like I'm good to go. The only problem now, is that with with my glasses practically welded to my eyeballs (not much room in there), they are fogging up pretty quick. Solve a problem, and create another. Ho-hum o_O
Try using lemon fresh pledge. [emoji12] That might help with the fogging. Helps me.. on non-dji goggles.

Reactions: Islandguy27
The bottom line is that no adjustments is just crazy. A $20 pair of binoculars has at least one lens with a diopter adjustment and the inter-pupillary distance is adjustable - but not on a $500 set of goggles? Crazy!

Not sure what this whole thread is about. I don't wear any glasses, have good vision and the goggle's screen is too blurry to use. What's up! Return them?

Not sure what this whole thread is about. I don't wear any glasses, have good vision and the goggle's screen is too blurry to use. What's up! Return them?

Hold some small print 9" to 12" in front of your face. Can you read that clearly? This seems to be the focal distance ability required to use the goggles. So if you can't read the small print, you will likely need reading glasses to use the goggles.

Last edited:
I love it - if you can't see well then it's your fault, end of story. This is the thinking that went into designing goggles like this in the first place...

Problem is, DJI, it's the old people with crummy eyesight that are providing most of the money to buy all of your cool toys. Best to add that diopter adjustment asap before Shark eats your lunch.

Last edited:
Hold some small print 9" to 12" inches in front of your face. Can you read that clearly? This seems to be the focal distance ability required to use the goggles. So if you can't read the small print, you will likely need reading glasses to use the goggles.
Those $20 goggles look just fine. And the Glyphs looked good too. Not the DJI.

Well, it looks like I'm on my way to WalMart tomorrow. (Sigh). Seems like nothing works like it used to before I turned 65. Now I just have to decide if I'm going to wear my goggles into the store.

Thanks everyone - I think my original thought is now verified - wait until I have a pair in hand to try! Really appreciate all the input!!!

Couple of things and a question.. I found that good quality optics do not require any diopter adjustment - if your eyeglasses are even close to your prescription. The Zeiss are fabulous and have no adjustment. The weight of these might be a bit of an issue for those that might want to fly a couple of batteries at a time, but will see. My question is specific to wearing glasses. None of those I bought or tested (6+) worked/fit with glasses. Even though they say "yes", none fit properly/comfortably. I will not buy DJI until I have actually got them on my head!! Can anyone tell me the actual width of their glasses (temple to temple measurement) that DO fit - I sure would appreciate it!!! Thanks for all the input - great to see so many comments an so many topics!!
The goggle's rubber-like face seal has interior cut-outs and easily accommodated 140mm frame width.

Reactions: ddimkin
A note/issue when wearing glasses, at least in my case. Even though there are cutouts in the soft rubber seal, when wearing glasses the side temple frame holds the seal open and causes light and subsequent glare on the screen. Not readily obvious indoors but when outside in bright light it is distracting. Had to rig some foam pieces attached to the inside of the frame to block out the light.

If PolarPro is listening....

Make snap on lenses (in +2.0, +2.5 and +3.0) that individually attach directly to the adjustable IPD lenses inside the goggles. They would stay in place when you lifted the goggles from you eyes. Since I only need readers for these goggles, conventional glasses get in the way of me seeing.

What do you think?

I think if you would pick up a pair of readers you'd find out they would clear up the screen. I only wear readers when I have my contacts in but I had to pick up a pair of 1.25s to use when I have them out. I also had to go from 1.75s to 3.0s when I have my contacts in. I took the Goggles into Wally World and experimented with the demo videos until I got a nice picture. Looked like a fool but it was worth it. Try a pair out before you return them and I'll bet you'll see a difference. The focal distance is just too close even for those who have never had an issue before. If you're reading something you just pull it away until you can see it which you can't do with the Goggles. Try it out and tell us how you make out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki