DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic pilots - Australia

S7 edge...yes. Surely DJI have gotten there **** together by now and aren't hiding behind this "android issue" the phones older than the Mavic and almost due a new s8 by now.

DJI just got their head stuck in the ground as I don't even think they acknowledged the issues with the Android app. That's why I only use my iPad with the DJI Go app.

Also I not sure the s7 is supported as DJI and Samsung were blaming each other for a issue that caused the app not to work very good on Samsung phones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not the first time I've read this unfortunately. But seriously, DJI need to fix this or cancel the android app and alienate over 50% or their market potential. You can't rely on this app to work and with $2000 per customer flying around I can see a group action law suit coming.

Not the first time I've read this unfortunately. But seriously, DJI need to fix this or cancel the android app and alienate over 50% or their market potential. You can't rely on this app to work and with $2000 per customer flying around I can see a group action law suit coming.
I know there attitude towards Android is very poor at best.

Last time I checked in January the app would still crash when started in landscape. 2+ Months to fix a simple bug is really unacceptable.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Really is bizarre. Why would they not fix it? Surely it can't be beyond their abilities! And the fact they never respond to all the feedback makes me wonder if perhaps Apple have some controlling interest in DJI. Unexceptable!!

My android is fine with both dji and litchi.
Litchi should work fine on Android.

You have no issues with the DJI Go app on you phone you must be a rare exception then.

How is your battery life on phone with DJI Go app installed, as with many others it kills my battery.

Litchi should work fine on Android.

You have no issues with the DJI Go app on you phone you must be a rare exception then.

How is your battery life on phone with DJI Go app installed, as with many others it kills my battery.

Mine seems fine. After using 2 batteries normally on about 70% on the phone and 60% on rc. I have a note 4.

Mine seems fine. After using 2 batteries normally on about 70% on the phone and 60% on rc. I have a note 4.
Not when using the app, the battery drain occurs in the background when app is not being used. It uses more battery than any other process including the code Android processes.

Not when using the app, the battery drain occurs in the background when app is not being used. It uses more battery than any other process including the code Android processes.

Ah none of that on mine tbh.

I must be another "rare exception" then.
All good here on Android. Samsung S7 edge. Early on in the first week of DJIGo4 back in December I had issues (with legacy Go3 stuff still installed) but since then, pretty much rock solid after a clean install.

3 batteries of flight back to back, phone will be lucky to be below 80%, whilst the RC is typically around 40%. No complaints in hundreds of flights.
If you have Android connection issues it may be related to how you are launching the DJIGo4 app and how many other apps you have running. Do not start it by pressing on the icon.

I have a simple 3 step procedure that works for me on S7 edge and may work for others.
1) Mount android in RC, without connecting RC end of usb lead.
2) Left button to CLOSE ALL apps.
3) Connect lead to RC and accept the prompt to open DJIGo4 "Just Once" (if you Litchi as well as Go) or "Set as default" if you only use Go.

That's it... YMMV but mine has been great. No complaints about android DJIGo here.

Yessssss! After waiting approximately 130 days my drone has arrived. All I can say is wow this thing is great, for a small drone it goes alright. First flight was in about 16-18knots of wind (lol, couldn't wait) and she sits really stable well exceeded my expectations for sure.

I must be another "rare exception" then.
All good here on Android. Samsung S7 edge. Early on in the first week of DJIGo4 back in December I had issues (with legacy Go3 stuff still installed) but since then, pretty much rock solid after a clean install.

3 batteries of flight back to back, phone will be lucky to be below 80%, whilst the RC is typically around 40%. No complaints in hundreds of flights.
If you have Android connection issues it may be related to how you are launching the DJIGo4 app and how many other apps you have running. Do not start it by pressing on the icon.

I have a simple 3 step procedure that works for me on S7 edge and may work for others.
1) Mount android in RC, without connecting RC end of usb lead.
2) Left button to CLOSE ALL apps.
3) Connect lead to RC and accept the prompt to open DJIGo4 "Just Once" (if you Litchi as well as Go) or "Set as default" if you only use Go.

That's it... YMMV but mine has been great. No complaints about android DJIGo here.

I agree, regardless off IOS or Andriod, always close all app prior to flying.
with IOS i have found more issues with Litchi than with DJIGO4.

Also there is more lag on Litchi than from DJI Go 4.

Nooooo!!!

I ordered from Elk Fish Robotics in Fremantle and was told they should have them in stock at the same time DJI did was told yesterday it's more likely to be the end of the month... Hopefully have it early November...

Just got one from these guys as well. the parts stock and apparent knowledge was the tipping point to purchase from these guys.

Reactions: daithi23
Hi All, living in sunny QLD new to the world of drones, but have been an avid photography for several years !

I cant seem to find recommendations for a CPL filter for the Mavic - can anyone kindly suggest or recommend a good quality brand

Polar pro have one and teco rc will have one out soon

when PP versions first came out you had to start the Mavic before putting the filter on they have all been fixed now and there is no problem fitting the filers before starting the Mavic and all will be ok, you may have been reading some old topics, PP have a very good customer support system, btw I am not employed by PP just a customer.

when PP versions first came out you had to start the Mavic before putting the filter on they have all been fixed now and there is no problem fitting the filers before starting the Mavic and all will be ok, you may have been reading some old topics, PP have a very good customer support system, btw I am not employed by PP just a customer.
Hi Wombat, thanks for the feedback just placed the order with polar pro

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan