DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do most Mavic owners fly with a tablet or with their phones?

Both iPad mini as my iPhone 6S Plus. IPad is on a tripod with a bracket. When flying DJI GO, I use them both. Autopilot missions usually with the iPhone because I have an Autopilot beta on my iPad. But I use the iPad mini with the Inspire but with the additional DJI GPS module

Iphone 7+. I would like to have a mini-ipad.... But not paying for extra cellular service for mavic.

Why would you need to pay for extra cellular service? Just use your phone as a hotspot, or just don't have data on the iPadmini, you don't really need it. It just lets you have a detailed map, and move the home point to the controller. Not big deals in my opinion. I fly with an iPadmini2 wifi all the time with no issues.

I have used my iPhone 7 plus. The first day I tried using my OnePlus 3 and I never got it to connect. However it works great with the Phantom 3.
When I plugged in the iPhone everything just connected magically.
I have an iPad mini that I should try but I am comfortable with my phone cause when I don't have wifi my phone data comes in handy.

IMG_0100.JPG
Nvidea tablet with a Hoodi has been my favorite for several years. HDMI out to Cinemizers if no shade. I use my Phantom 3 tablet mount (with printed adapter plate) which will accommodate a iPad up to 9.7" Pro or Air 2.

I like the balance of the Shield with a lanyard, but current model iPads and iPhones have much brighter displays and seem to have less complaints for compatibility with the Go 4 app.:)

I don't like using a phone. It's just too small!
(Old man who can't see.)
:rolleyes:

Reactions: dirkclod
Started off with an iPhone 6s+ then after about 15 hours of flying I decided i wanted a bigger screen. I am flying with an iPad mini 4 since and never looked back.

The bigger screen allows me to fly closer to trees and other obstacles with confidence as I can better see where I am. It resulted in more spectacular footage so I am very happy. I never had any crashes in either DJI Go 4 as well as in Litchi. Happy camper here!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman