DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you think the Mavic is powerful enough to cut a finger?

635f68181f8de6ce3b47c995ae9f5d81.jpg

41b8c85a76f952589172bb43859257c1.jpg

35e4e3b00dcaadc8bac8589eb4ff2dc4.jpg

I hand catch and launch every time I fly. I do it because I'm paranoid of letting dirt into my motors or gimbal. If you let the back end rest on your hand and put the thumb and forefinger about where the forward arm hinge screws are there is absolutely no way you are going to cut yourself if you're being smart about it

635f68181f8de6ce3b47c995ae9f5d81.jpg

41b8c85a76f952589172bb43859257c1.jpg

35e4e3b00dcaadc8bac8589eb4ff2dc4.jpg

I hand catch and launch every time I fly. I do it because I'm paranoid of letting dirt into my motors or gimbal. If you let the back end rest on your hand and put the thumb and forefinger about where the forward arm hinge screws are there is absolutely no way you are going to cut yourself if you're being smart about it

^^^^^

I wonder what affects flesh and blood will have on the motors and gimbal? [emoji6]
Keep us posted.

Reactions: AirBear
"there is absolutely no way you are going to cut yourself if you're being smart about it"

Except that one inevitable time when the Mavic says nope not today because of some failure or interference that you have no control over or expect ,lol.

I'm just as comfortable catching the mavic as I am on my p3. And I have not once ever even nicked myself. That one time of catching it that very moment it gets interference or glitches after an entire good flight is highly unlikely. If it was already wiggin out part of being smart about it is, not attempting to catch it if it's freaking out. It's funny how you guys nag on me because you are to uncomfortable catching it with your hands. I must just trust myself more than you all lol. Hasn't failed me yet.

Reactions: pixl and TomKemp
I put the extended leg pieces I bought off eBay on mine if I need extra height for take off and landing. Not even considered a hand catch yet and probably will not either. If I can’t take off from somewhere flat(ish) then I won’t put my mavic down full stop

I think hand launching is necessary when you don't have even terrain or if the terrain is simply not suitable for landing!
My advice and I think considering the flight stability of the Mavic in general, in normal weather conditions where strong wind gusts are not a concern, you can always catch the drone safely with your hand given that you put on a glove of appropriate thickness...
Unless, you are very skilled and the possibility of an accidental exposure to the propeller blades is not concern for you, put on a glove before catching the drone (there is everything from water proof to diving gloves that can simply almost eliminate the possibility of injury).

As for the guys who are comparing to the well documented injury from the Inspire 2, which was considerably serious, and it is no exaggeration that members of the public could have been also injured (luckily that wasn't the case), you have to remember two things:
1) The Mavic 2 Pro weighs at least 4 times less than the Inspire, has smaller (and lighter) propeller blades which means the spinning moment is a lot less, this means that the injury that could result from a Mavic 2 is incomparable to the Inspire (the later's propeller moment is apparently strong enough to cause bone fractures ).
2) As another post mentioned, Mavic drones have foldable propellers which should be a lot safer than the Inspire's solid propellers...

Hopefully no one gets injured, but please use a (thick enough) glove if you aren't secure catching it...

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan