DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does Mavic Shoot Video or Watercolor Paintings? Don’t settle. Get Involved!

FYI I just read this off the DJI forum Water color sharping Issue!

Drone-discovery said:

Thought I would let the group know....

I brought this to the attention of a contact I have who is pretty high up at DJI North America.
He confirmed with me that DJI is well aware of the issue and are working on a fix.

Hopefully we see a fix soon.

Hopefully the fix is in a firmware update and not require a return to the shop.

Hopefully the fix is in a firmware update and not require a return to the shop.

There's no way dji will come out and say they have to recall them. If they can't fix this with a firmware update we've had it.

Reactions: AyeYo
Hey guys
Well Im sure my days are numbered here again as Im getting warnings as freedom of speech is not a freedom with DJI

You in Water color sharping Issue! The post has been DJI-Ken Delete
Please post according to the forum rules. If you continue to post like this then you will be banned. Forum Rules and Regulations

Please go on that thread and VOICE your concerns LOUD PM the DJI members too nag till they have no other choice!

Reactions: hifli and AyeYo
Hey guys
Well Im sure my days are numbered here again as Im getting warnings as freedom of speech is not a freedom with DJI

Please post according to the forum rules. If you continue to post like this then you will be banned. Forum Rules and Regulations

Please go on that thread and VOICE your concerns LOUD PM the DJI members too nag till they have no other choice!

DJI seem to have three choices:

-commit to a firmware upgrade and announce ASAP.
-commit to no upgrade and announce ASAP.
-keep silent.

The worst case is the last. Even if they say, "Sorry, no can do," at least people will know where they stand.

Keeping silent about it is very poor customer relations.

DJI seem to have three choices:

-commit to a firmware upgrade and announce ASAP.
-commit to no upgrade and announce ASAP.
-keep silent.

The worst case is the last. Even if they say, "Sorry, no can do," at least people will know where they stand.

Keeping silent about it is very poor customer relations.

Given their history, you can expect the 3rd.

I just pray for competition to arrive sooner rather than later. My original plan was purchase the Mavic and P4P to work on a portolio before summer, then buy an I2 for doing actual commercial work as business picks up, but after seeing how DJI has handled (more like hasn't handled) known prevalent issues on both the Mavic and P4P, I'm holding off and looking at other options.

Reactions: 787droneflyer
Hey guys

I agree with your sentiment but from what I read DJI are quite "Apple-ish" in their manner of catching flak from forums: they don't. It's like screaming in space.

I'm sure it's how you're saying things not what you're saying. There is no need to be rude, just keep politely at them. There are signs they're working on it. Being confrontational won't help get anything done, it just alienates the people you need to help you. Ken said he'd passed it on to R&D, what else do you expect him to do?

Reactions: shuddee and SrMi
I'm sure it's how you're saying things not what you're saying. There is no need to be rude, just keep politely at them. There are signs they're working on it. Being confrontational won't help get anything done, it just alienates the people you need to help you. Ken said he'd passed it on to R&D, what else do you expect him to do?
NO its not how I said it it what was said to me if you would read you would see as he basically said if I wanted a better result in video I needed to upgrade to a inspire with a x5 camera to get the results Im expecting … Until I did keep trying to explain the issue. Then I guess he re read what I was saying then only did he say He would report it !

BTW GUYS I think there is a Firmware update im checking now !

Did anybody test for watercolor with the new firmware already? Any changes?

Can anyone confirm if the new firmwmare has improved the video by any chance?

im downloading now v01.03.0400

I can confirm ANOTHER LET DOWN FROM DJI !

water color issue still going strong ! Looks worse if you ask me

just did a quick test D-log as this was to have been updated everything set to +0+0+0 here are some screen grabs! Thanks DJI you're the best ! <<<< being super sarcastic !IMG_0801.PNGIMG_0802.PNGIMG_0803.PNG

im going to try another test i know I was focusing but looks very out of focus….. what I can’t wrap my brain around how some have this issue and some don’t as if it were a software issue then all would have it and not a few correct? as if it were a hardware issue then we could not get the fix by doing a cold reset as its called when you switch from ntsc to pal right? Im missing something here ???

I think the D-log dynamic range fix has nothing to do with the watercolor issue.
My mavic is on its way back from DJI with a replaced camera. I'll see if my watercolor issue is gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did they give any explanation for replacing the camera? I find it hard to believe that what is obviously a software compression issue has anything to do with the camera.

IMG_0805.PNG IMG_0806.PNG IMG_0807.PNG IMG_0805.PNG IMG_0807.PNG IMG_0806.PNG Well here are same settings just switched to pal and see a HUGE difference !IMG_0805.PNG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078