DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

'Drone on my Phone' iOS App

Brockrock

Reactions
I'm not sure if this is available for Android, but I just discovered it on the Apple App store. It's a very simple app that simulates FPV flying, and I think that working on those skills - regardless of ones interest in FPV - can only make one a better GPS drone plot. I was surprised how unskilled I actually was at first simply hovering with no altitude hold, and then things got even more interesting when I had to move left and right. I've never done FPV, but reading through some of the reviews written by folks who do, they say this app is just about as real as it gets.

Yes and is harder than I thought. ?

THIS the one ? If it is I think it is only iOS
That's the one. I like the simplicity of this app, yet it's spot on as far as control goes. It's a great exercise for further honing ones flying skills and creating more natural control. I am not really interested in FPV at this point, but I do want to attain that skill for better overall control.

That's the one. I like the simplicity of this app, yet it's spot on as far as control goes. It's a great exercise for further honing ones flying skills and creating more natural control. I am not really interested in FPV at this point, but I do want to attain that skill for better overall control.
I put it on my iPad then my phone and can work it better on phone.
I’m looking at the DJI FPV set up real hard and think I might get that
controller they show in that app so I can use sticks instead of the sliders. Thanks for posting that app.?

I looked but couldn’t find a cheap controller with sticks that work
with that app. If anybody knows of one please link me .

I looked but couldn’t find a cheap controller with sticks that work
with that app. If anybody knows of one please link me .
I just went to the developer website and left a message asking them if they could recommend a proven MFi Controller that worked with the app. If/when they respond, I will post any info they provide. That does seem like it would be the best way to go in order to really develop proper skills, since I find that I begin pressing against the screen out of tension when I fly this app, and that makes it hard to smoothly move my fingers.

• Love
Reactions: dirkclod
I just went to the developer website and left a message asking them if they could recommend a proven MFi Controller that worked with the app. If/when they respond, I will post any info they provide. That does seem like it would be the best way to go in order to really develop proper skills, since I find that I begin pressing against the screen out of tension when I fly this app, and that makes it hard to smoothly move my fingers.
Yeah sticks I need. With that slider I tore the floor and ceiling up but do like that app.?

Reactions: Brockrock
From what I’ve found out from asking in our DroneRacingForum about any wireless gaming controller with Bluetooth will work and
the ones on Amazon go from 24 bucks up but from looking at them
they really don’t have sticks but close. Messing with the app today
and found just putting my thumbs down and say rolling them I didn’t bounce all over the place.?

Reactions: Brockrock
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenjiekun