DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DroneWrap.Shop Mavic Wraps!

That would probably be one way to get your own Mavic back if you had a repair that needed to be made.

That would probably be one way to get your own Mavic back if you had a repair that needed to be made.

Yeah true! But the way this is they would have to slice it all up to get it apart.

I actually debated taking it all apart and wrapping each piece by itself.

You do if you want to stay legal.
Not to sound patronising mate, VLOS only means it has to be in line of sight should you choose to look at it as long as you're flying inside the VLOS rule. That means you can do an entire flight looking through the camera on your screen without breaking any rules as long as it's in VLOS in the case of an emergency you will have more chance of bringing the aircraft down safely.

Not to sound patronising mate, VLOS only means it has to be in line of sight should you choose to look at it as long as you're flying inside the VLOS rule. That means you can do an entire flight looking through the camera on your screen without breaking any rules as long as it's in VLOS in the case of an emergency you will have more chance of bringing the aircraft down safely.
And being able to find a white object in the sky in case of an emergency??

And being able to find a white object in the sky in case of an emergency??
That's why we use telemetry. Height and distance along with location would be enough to locate with your eyes. However I appreciate inexperienced pilots may struggle with this.
Are you an experienced pilot?

Reactions: valpraiso
That's why we use telemetry. Height and distance along with location would be enough to locate with your eyes. However I appreciate inexperienced pilots may struggle with this.

I barely look at my drone when flying. I watch altitude, heading, speed and Battery in that order.

Makes no sense to try and nail a little drone in the sky from 400' to 45000' away.

I on occasion appreciate the strobe led lights.

I barely look at my drone when flying. I watch altitude, heading, speed and Battery in that order.

Makes no sense to try and nail a little drone in the sky from 400' to 45000' away.

I on occasion appreciate the strobe led lights.
Exactly the point mate. What's more likely, having a head on collision with a low flying aircraft that shouldn't be flying lower than 400ft anyway or causing a major problem with a little 'white' UAV.
Using your camera is MUCH SAFER. Orientation loss is probably one of the biggest causes of accidental crashes in newbie pilots. So for me using the camera is much safer and is a clear no brainer

Exactly the point mate. What's more likely, having a head on collision with a low flying aircraft that shouldn't be flying lower than 400ft anyway or causing a major problem with a little 'white' UAV.
Using your camera is MUCH SAFER. Orientation loss is probably one of the biggest causes of accidental crashes in newbie pilots. So for me using the camera is much safer and is a clear no brainer

I totally agree.

Reactions: mavic6611
Dronewrap blue with custom cut Cowboys vinyl stickers. Batteries are numbered one through four with Super Bowl trophies. Love it!
3e3bedac53571dfb2dff596cde94477c.jpg

da64f467374f46622eba62e94932850e.jpg

f3b2bb7ec484fe6dc875d8f2fd60662b.jpg

So are these custom designs? How are you guys adding the text?

I would like something a little more hard core. Big fan of Rob Zombie and Die Antwoord art.

I know, crazy coming from a 55 year old guy.

Rob

Experience has nothing to do with not being able to see a small white object in the sky, Telemetry doesn't constitute line of sight. And BTW I have several quadcopters including a Phantom 3 and other non DJI quadcopters so quit with the condescending comments.

There is a reason why the camera isn't considered flying within line of sight, you can't see whats to the left or right.. Which brings me back to finding that white mavic in the sky.. Either way do what you want to your Mavic's all this arguing about what is what is B.S people will fly out of line of sight no matter what the rules or law is and you wont be able to see it but it is what it is.

Last edited:
Experience has nothing to do with not being able to see a small white object in the sky, Telemetry doesn't constitute line of sight. And BTW I have several quadcopters including a Phantom 3 and other non DJI quadcopters so quit with the condescending comments.

There is a reason why the camera isn't considered flying within line of sight, you can't see whats to the left or right.. Which brings me back to finding that white mavic in the sky.. Either way do what you want to your Mavic's all this arguing about what is what is B.S people will fly out of line of sight no matter what the rules or law is and you wont be able to see it but it is what it is.

I guess it begs the question... what do the Phantom guys do? You could argue that the Mavic is way easier to see than the Phantom even if both are white!

I guess it begs the question... what do the Phantom guys do? You could argue that the Mavic is way easier to see than the Phantom even if both are white!
Phantoms are also a lot bigger but that being said I didn't like the white color and I always said they should of made them black, they did make a limited edition black version but IMO they should of all been black. A few hundred feet and they would get lost and forget about it in overcast conditions.

And yes a gray Mavic is easier to see then a white Mavic..

Phantoms are also a lot bigger but that being said I didn't like the white color and I always said they should of made them black, they did make a limited edition black version but IMO they should of all been black. A few hundred feet and they would get lost and forget about it in overcast conditions.

And yes a gray Mavic is easier to see then a white Mavic..

So the Phantoms are easier to see because they are bigger? Not really. Folded out it's nearly the same width and 1/2 the height. At altitude it's impossible to tell.

The point is, many pilots over time don't watch the drone as much as they watch the screen. When I get my goggles, I'll never see the drone. It will all be by FPV.

Reactions: 8BitMavics
So the Phantoms are easier to see because they are bigger? Not really. Folded out it's nearly the same width and 1/2 the height. At altitude it's impossible to tell.

The point is, many pilots over time don't watch the drone as much as they watch the screen. When I get my goggles, I'll never see the drone. It will all be by FPV.
It has bigger landing gear but you missed the other part of my comment that Phantoms are hard to see because they are WHITE and HARD TO SEE IN OVERCAST CONDITIONS... And when you have your goggles you'll need a spotter or you'll not be flying within line of sight.

I assume you've painted your phantoms illumines green or something then? If not then explain the difference. And please don't say the size, as once the aircraft is at real altitude that argument becomes redundant!

It has bigger landing gear but you missed the other part of my comment that Phantoms are hard to see because they are WHITE and HARD TO SEE IN OVERCAST CONDITIONS... And when you have your goggles you'll need a spotter or you'll not be flying within line of sight.
As you're so safety conscious and uphold every single rule.. Maybe answer this.. Do/have you ever intentionally exceeded the speed limit whilst driving a vehicle?

If the answer is YES then I'm afraid you're a hypocrite my friend!

I'm intrigued to hear your answer!

Reactions: ConsciousGeek
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman