DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dynamic Homepoint issues

I get the same on iPad mini 5 some times it works but most of time weak gps signal

I found this site browsing for a solution or explanation of my issues with weak or missing GPS signal home point recognition issue. I'm on all of the latest releases on the Mavic 2 controller and on my IOS device. IOS Location services are "always on" for DJI GO 4 app. My compasses in the Mavic and my phone are calibrated (multiple times). My "find my iPhone" app knows which corner of my living room I'm in. Today with the controller switch selected in "Tripod Mode" I was able to get my controller recognized as the home point,... I thought. Even though the switch was in Tripod mode, the Mavic was operating in Position/GPS mode. When I executed a return to home, it wasn't the location of my controller. The return to home location was where the take-off location was, which I had walked about 50 ft away from. Toggling the mode switch between the 3 different mode positions cleared up the non-selected mode.,...But this happened twice. I couldn't get the controller set as home point again, (even the false result) I'm brand new to all of this. I think I've read about and seen every video on the Mavic 2 operation but my brain is on data overload. I could have missed something. Does DJI monitor this site? Thanks in advance for any help.

Does DJI monitor this site? Thanks in advance for any help.
No .. they pay very little attention to their own forum and none to us here.

I couldn't get the controller set as home point again, (even the false result)
It's a common problem with Apple equipment over the last year and no solution has been found.
Do you really need to reset the home point to the controller?

No .. they pay very little attention to their own forum and none to us here.

It's a common problem with Apple equipment over the last year and no solution has been found.
Do you really need to reset the home point to the controller?

Thanks for the quick response. Having the controller home point would be a better option for me than strictly manually landing using active track. I’m hoping to get a lot more practice before it becomes an issue.

The 'home to controller' function on litchi app - is it same as go4? Or does that one do a dynamic home update?
I use that function all the time but never (until yesterday) actually confirmed that the home point changed.
It did---after take-off, I walked to the end of a boat dock, about 200 yds from the take-off point, reset the home point and hit RTH. My M2Z immediately began heading to my location while climbing to the RTH altitude. I let it continue for about 15 seconds, then cancelled it. I use a CrystalSky monitor.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spludge